Beth's Angel (Rated PG) - Meeting Moonlight Challenge

A place for Allegrita's G to PG-13 stories
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: Beth's Angel (Rated PG) - Meeting Moonlight Challenge

Post by MoonShadow »

That second paragraph is bone chilling. You have perfectly tied this scene with the episode 15, What's Left Behind, scene. Beth knows a child's fear, she understands the actions and can read the line of defense.

Excellent job,
thank you so much.
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
Albra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Albra »

..............:heart: ......................

:notworthy: Wonderful story ! :notworthy:

Thank you
:rose:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

MoonShadow wrote:Beth knows a child's fear, she understands the actions and can read the line of defense.
Moonshadow--Yes! I was really struck by that little scene in What's Left Behind. Beth knew what it was, because she'd done it herself. I'm so glad you picked up on that, because I wanted to evoke that scene (without being too obvious). :heart:

Albra--Thank you very much! :hug:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Absolutely lovely--and so very Beth. It was a wonderful detail about the toy soldiers forming a perimeter around the child's bed to keep the scarey lady away. It makes so much sense now that she would recognize the toys set out in this pattern in What's Left Behind. She had been there herself.

And you wove in the fact that Beth 'somehow always felt safe' because she sensed Mick protecting her from the 'scarey lady'.

Thank you, Alle.

:flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Thank you for your comment, jen, and my apologies for not responding sooner! To me, Beth has always been able to sense Mick's presence--even before he drank her blood in the desert. From what she said to Audrey Pell in 12:04AM, it's evident that she felt safe growing up, that she always knew her Angel was there. How could she know unless she could "feel" his presence? And think of what Mick said after he drank her blood... "Or maybe we've always been connected." :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

This is wonderful Alle! :hearts: :rose: It is so moving to see through her own eyes what Beth endured. Only now do I realise that I never really gave much thought to what the experience must have been like for her before Coraline takes her to meet Mick, I guess because as an adult she doesn't remember it, or very little. And you capture the perspective of such a young child so well! The way she feels about the bear at first, and then the way she loses even this only comfort... really nice touch... I also love how at that point in her life she remembers more about the fight itself, enough to remember details about Mick that should scare her but don't. And also how already, instinctively, she is keeping to herself that she thinks he is watching her, already protecting him, keeping a secret for him. Her angel with sharp teeth... :heart:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Thanks so much, diane31. I'm so happy this story worked for you. I've always felt that a lot of Beth's weird reactions to things stem from her childhood trauma. She's a damaged soul too, and maybe that's partly why she and Mick have such a deep understanding that goes beyond words, beyond the barriers that separate them. Their connection is based on so many things.

I figure that Beth eventually forgot that her angel had sharp teeth... maybe the bear took on those attributes in her mind. But her feeling of safety always remained. Her feeling of connection to her angel. :hearts:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Watching Fleur De Lis tonight I wanted to give this a bump. I love how you captured Baby Beth here.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Thanks so much, Cassy. This story really means a lot to me, and I'm happy that you remembered it. :hug:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

OK, alle, I know this is Beth's point of view of the kidnapping, her feelings and fears and how it affected her entire life. Still, reading it, it also felt it could be the story of any child who would suffer such a tragedy. Often, in malls and large areas, I suffer -this is the word I need- the fear of losing one of my kids even for some time, and I think what their little minds will think and their hearts will feel till I find them again. And, I want to scream. The images of little Beth were shocking to me during Moonlight, and so was your story, even though having a guardian angel soothed her fears...and mine....

Hey, just remembered, there is a greek song called ''Guardian angel'' by a very wonderful male singer. How come I have never thought of it before??? :chin:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Love the child's point of view here.

How wise this little one is--once that scarey lady had touched the toys in the pink room, she didn't like them much any more.

None of this was about what Beth wanted, even though the room was filled with things that would delight most little girls, once Beth had seen the frilly 'pinkness' of it all, she turned would forever associate it with Coraline.

Except for Mick. After all, he took her back to her Mom.

Thanks, Alle!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Maggatha, thank you so much for your comment! I think that Beth's kidnapping experience gave her a special understanding and sympathy for all abused and frightened kids. That's why she understood what Robert's son had done in What's Left Behind. And as a mother myself, I know just what you mean about fearing for your kids in crowds. I hate to be happy for giving someone bad feelings, but if my story was powerful enough to evoke those feelings in you, I'm very proud of that.

You know, we have a thread here at MLA for people to post songs that remind them of Moonlight. Would you please post your Greek Guardian Angel song there? I'd love to hear it!

viewtopic.php?f=253&t=6546

Jenna, that's it exactly. Beth was a strong-minded little girl, and she knew when things weren't right. She didn't trust the scary lady and she didn't trust all the pink, either. I think the reason she hugged the bear was that he wasn't all frilly and pink like the rest of the stuff in that room... and then the scary lady had to go and ruin him, too. :madface:

I don't think Beth associated her angel with the scary lady, except as her rescuer. I don't think she even thought that the angel was the person the lady referred to as her "new daddy." She didn't have a clue about what the grownups were talking about before they started fighting. She just knew that the angel saved her and took her home. But then again, she might have realized it, and just shoved it into that place in her head where she puts things that are too bad to think about. She started that at a very early age, and as we saw, she was still doing it in her mid-20's.
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

What a great idea, alle, moonlight music...
Ok, you can find the guardian angel song already there with a kind of translation too...It is one of my most loved greek songs for years now. I hope you all enjoy it. :hearts:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Since we watched Fleur De Lis last night I wanted to give this story a bump. I was thinking of it last night when watching the episode
moonlightfan
Mortal

Post by moonlightfan »

Wow this was wonderful you described the fear and the sadness of little Beth so well you made me feel so sorry for her when she was captured by Coraline an it was also wonderful how Mick finally saved her and she feel save enough to sleep now knowing that he will protect her and i liked it that she´s sometimes not sure if she really saw Mick but can feel he is there

Return to “Allegrita's Office”