Josef Walks Down Memory Lane PG

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Josef Walks Down Memory Lane PG

Post by cassysj »

I really did not have any story inspiration for the Meeting Moonlight Challenge. Then after I read Catmoon's story Two to Tango (which everyone should go read right now) where Beth meets a freshie. I thought I could have Josef introduce a current freshie to a former freshie who worked for him a long time ago. My freshie character Tangie is here but you don't need to know any of her history to follow the story.

I do not own any recognizable characters no copyright infringement is intended.

Josef had finished dinner and was closing the wrist wounds when Tangie asked him.

How long have you had freshies Josef?

Is this a roundabout way of asking how old I am? Tangie I was born in 1599 you don’t need to know what year I was turned.

What I mean is how long have you had freshies like us? Ones who live in your house.

Why?

Well you told us tonight that we’re getting a new roommate tomorrow. You’ve been having girls come in for interviews for weeks. I was just wondering how long you’ve had food on demand.

He smiled. Tangie had such a way of phrasing things. Since the 1800’s. They were hired as maids and cooks but their primary job was feeding me. He thought of pretty little Mary the first one he hired. She had blonde hair and dark brown eyes. The exact same shade as his. She was terrified when she learned what she'd have to do but she did grow to love it.

Did they also clean and cook for human clients? Tangie asked.

He was startled back to the present. Yes.

Then that’s not what I mean. When did you start having freshies who knew what the job description was and didn’t have to clean chamber pots.

I beg your pardon, they never had to clean my chamber pots. They did have to take care of their own. If you keep this up I’ll renovate your bathroom so you can have the early freshie experience.

Tangie laughed. I’m not auditioning for a reality show. 1840’s Freshie. I’m really curious.

He shrugged. In the early 1920’s there was a rise in freelance freshies. They were secretary’s or telephone operators by day, freshies by night. His mind went to Laura, an adorable little auburn haired beauty who bore a slight resemblance to the woman currently on his lap but she didn't have her curiosity.

He stroked Tangie's hair. Women had a little more freedom and started to sow some oats after they won the right to vote. Your meals no longer had to be domestic help or ladies of the evening.

Tangie pretended to be shocked. You had prostitutes. Why Josef you never struck me as a man who would have to pay for it.

He shook his head. After I remove your tub, shower and toilet bowl, I’m going to renovate your bedroom. We’ll take out central air, electricity.

Okay, okay. I’m sorry. I know in the olden days that was a vampire’s best source of nutrition. You're still avoiding the question how long have you had a house full of exclusives that actually interviewed for the job of freshie?

He had to really think about it because no one had ever posed the question. After the crash of ‘29 there were some lean years. People didn’t sell their blood for pleasure but for survival. I had a lot of men in freelance positions but if they could even get one day’s “honest” labor they preferred it. I would say it was the middle 40’s the first time I had something similar to what you know. I had about four girls and they were usually in college and they would stay until they graduated.

It was 1966 the first time I had seven or eight women who stayed well beyond 22. Serena was twenty-four and had been with me for two years. She agreed to stay on another three to feed me and manage the girls.

So she was your first “Head Freshie”.

In a manner of speaking, yes.

She must have some stories.

I’m sure she does. Would you like to meet her?

Are you serious?? I’d love it!

You have five minutes to make yourself picture perfect. I won’t have Serena think I’ve become lax with the dress code.

Dress code? You mean she didn’t have to walk around the house in her underwear.

That’s it your bedroom, bath and closet are getting demolished. You now have four minutes.

Tangie came down with five seconds to spare. She was in a pale blue dress, that showed a hint of cleavage and fell just below her knee. Not a club dress or formal wear but something you would wear to a nice restaurant with someone you wanted to impress. Her hair and makeup were perfectly understated.

That’s better. Josef growled. She was excited when she saw he was taking the Ferrari. That was a treat, since they usually traveled in a group the freshies rarely got to be in sports car.

They drove for about twenty minutes before he pulled into the driveway of a very expensive house. Tangie realized she couldn’t even afford a closet in this neighborhood let alone a home like this.

A woman in her middle sixties opened the door and her face lit up when she saw Josef. She hugged him so tight it was a good thing he didn’t have to breathe.

Josef. I know it’s going to sound silly but you look exactly the same.

Serena you’re as beautiful as ever.

Liar.

I never lie to a lady.

Tangie could not believe this woman had to be at least 67 years old. She looked at least fifteen years younger. Serena was beautiful but it wasn’t just on the surface. She was kind, compassionate and giving. That radiated from her.

Serena, this is my Tangie.

She smiled warmly. Tangie it’s a pleasure to meet you. Josef hasn’t introduced me to anyone in at least ten years so you must be pretty special.

Serena. He said in a disapproving tone. She’ll get a swelled head. Now she’s curious about freshie life through the years. I thought you could teach her about the 60’s.

I’ll be happy to. Can she swap current war stories with me?

War stories? Am I such a tyrant?

Yes. Both women answered.

Putting the two of you together I may be outnumbered.
mitzie
Courtesan

Re: Josef Walks Down Memory Lane PG

Post by mitzie »

Love it, especially the last part!!!! :giggle: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :biggrin: :heart: :flowers:

mitzie :mooncat:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: Josef is never outnumbered! I like this view of freshies old and new! Leave it to Tangie to ask all those questions we're dying to know the answers to... :thumbs:
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

Cute story!
Putting the two of you together I may be outnumbered.
Josef, outnumbered?? Never! :snicker:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

This is great, cassy. I didn't realize I had these questions, but when Tangie asked I was dying to know the answer. I would love to get a peek into their conversation now. Will Josef stay to keep them from swapping war stories?
Love the ending, very funny!
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

Great history lesson! I was as curious as Tangie. And I'm thrilled that I was able to inspire you to write this terrific story!
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

mitzie - I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Alle - Tangie is our resident freshie reporter. Always asking questions.

MV - Josef's never really outnumbered but enough freshies can give him a run for his money.

francis - Tangie is very curious and she gets people wondering about things. I don't know if Josef will let them talk by themselves. :snicker:

Catmoon - Again I have to say thank you. The idea would not have come if Beth hadn't met Candice.
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I really enjoyed this, cassysj! Thanks! :thumbs:

(I'm still chuckling over Serena telling Josef, "you look exactly the same!") :snicker:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

MLC - I'm glad you enjoyed it. These vampires never change but we do. :snicker:
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Cute story. Thanks for posting. :flowers:
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

NM911 - Thanks for reading.
one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by one.zebra »

Delightful story!
Funny that she has to pry it out of him, then he goes all the way and introduces them.....

'You look exactly the same'../snicker/
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world

Return to “cassysj's Office”