All About Mick, #30

Locked Mick St. John threads can be found here
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: All About Mick, #30

Post by darkstarrising »

Lilly wrote:That picture is wonderful. Thank you, francis. :hearts:

I actually talked to Justice Leak (Ray) about the scene in my interview( http://moonlightaholics.com/viewtopic.php?f=365&t=8759)...
Me: The original script for "What's Left Behind" had one final flashback with Mick heading down the street toward Lilah's house carrying a bouquet of flowers, his voiceover declaring that he was in love with her, when suddenly he sees an Army vehicle parked on the street. Ray is being helped into a wheelchair, and Lilah comes running out and throws her arms around him. It would have been so moving to see that flashback when the episode aired. Did you film that scene, or was it cut from the script before it was ever shot?

Justice: Wow, you really did your research! Not many people knew about that. Yes, we did in fact shoot that scene and it was very moving.

I was able to see an early edit with the writer before the show aired. I believe we were actually watching the edit when Jill received word that, among other cuts and changes the network would be making, they were cutting the reunion scene. They were afraid that people may find it too emotionally draining and lose the audience altogether.

I could not have disagreed more. But the network has the final say. I actually felt more for Jill than for myself that so much had been altered. While the episode was really good, I believe it could have been great had they stayed true to her initial vision.
:Mickangel:

I couldn't agree more with you about the pic or with Justice Leak about the effect leaving that scene in would have had on the ep. :yes:

Blast those meddlesome network folk!!
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Thanks ,alle!! :rose: So wonderful that you could actually talk to one of the writers, especially J.B!!

Lilly!! :rose: Of course!! :slaphead: I had forgotten that part of your great interview!! Thanks!
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

francis wrote:Haven't seen this one before. I found it on twitter, posted by Mymaximus. Looks like a deleted Scene from WLB.

:melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts:
What an amazing treasure, thank you so much for putting this up, francis! (and for pointing it out to me, maggatha!) And so many thanks to mymaximus for sharing these!

I love WLB immensely, and didn't realize till I read the script how much more it could have been. Reading that last scene was amazing, and I couldn't imagine why they'd left it out. I remember how thrilling it was just to read in Lilly's interview with Justice Leak that they had actually filmed that scene. (Thank you, Lilly, for putting up that part of the interview here!) I still didn't imagine we would ever get to see any of it. And here is the best picture one could hope for from it! Mick's expression truly says it all. You can see everything that is happening right there in his face.

The one thing I never imagined was that he would be wearing a red jacket. But it fits the scene, really. Bright and cheerful and just the same shade as the roses he is carrying to Lilah..... you can just imagine the smile that was on his face just a few seconds before this picture was snapped.

Thanks so much too, allegrita, for telling us about your talk with Jill. I love that she was so passionate about this script and this scene. I never had any idea that this was part of the reason she was fired. It's terrible, but it also makes me think even more highly of her.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Oh how I love being shown new treasures.

Heartbreaking pic. I would have SO loved to see that scene. :sigh:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

maggatha3 wrote: Lilly!! :rose: Of course!! :slaphead: I had forgotten that part of your great interview!! Thanks!
Me Too! Maybe that's why the vision of what was going on came so easily to me.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I love this silhouette from the basement scene...

kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

^^^

:hearts: MMMmmmm Me too....lashes and curls...undoubtedly Mick :hearts:
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

That pic of Mick from WLB is amazing, especially in light of what some of you have found out about the deleted scene. To see this now five or six years later is just thrilling. It's a part of Mick we didn't see. Such food for thought on the experiences of Mick. Thanks for posting.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I really wonder about the decision to Keep this scene out of the Show, like they deliberated wanted to avoid an Emmy nod for a Show they knew would end one Episode later.
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonMarg »

I really just don't understand people in TV land!! Sometimes they just don't get what the actual viewer wants to see.

And that photo- the ultimate bittersweet moment if there ever was one. Mick's best friend is alive, only to know he will lose the girl he is in love with! :Mickangel:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

#5, page 6

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh my goodness, he was so lovely in B.C. :rose:
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Yes he was. A perfect storyline in the episode for Mick. Shows off his allure so very well. :heart:

MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

:cloud9:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

#5, page 6-7

Return to “The Mick St. John Archives”