Shannyn Previous roles

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Shannyn Previous roles

Post by cassysj »

I've seen Shannyn in a few things besides Moonlight.

The Order
A Knight's Tale
One Missed Call
Episode of Law & Order SVU (Fascinating epi)

Would anyone like to discuss?
Last edited by cassysj on Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly
Rogue vampire
Location: Lost in a daydream...I think Alex is in here somewhere too.

Re: Shannyn Previous and future roles

Post by Kelly »

I haven't seen A Knight's Tale yet...okay, that's a lie. I started it, but I found it a little...odd. I didn't make it to Shannyn's part. However, I have seen her in "The Rules of Attraction" and I have to say, that was one weird movie. :lol:

However, there was this role:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F4Gc1OF87k

I swear that role was predicting the future. :lol:
Thanks SirenSong for the gorgeous MickCora tag

"Life is measured not by the number of breaths you take,
but rather by the number of moments that take your breath away.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Kelly wrote:I haven't seen A Knight's Tale yet...okay, that's a lie. I started it, but I found it a little...odd. I didn't make it to Shannyn's part. However, I have seen her in "The Rules of Attraction" and I have to say, that was one weird movie. :lol:

However, there was this role:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F4Gc1OF87k

I swear that role was predicting the future. :lol:
It's funny I found A Knight's Tale interesting because it is odd. I don't like those period piece movies normally but this was fun when you got into it. I'll have to check The Rules of Attraction.
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

I remember going to see A Knight's Tale in the theater with my mom. We loved it and it's still one of my fave movies of all time. It's fun and just makes me smile. Shannyn didn't impress me in the movie really, but she does an okay job, and it WAS her first major role, so it's a decent start. I loved everyone in the film, and especially the relationship with Heath's character and his friends. They are a hoot and a half!
*Christy*

mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

Not exactly a "role" but I adore this martini advert with Shannyn and George Clooney! She looks just stunning and shows her fun side and George is hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3AWCq6xmAE

ETA: Martini advert:

Shots from A Knight’s Tale:

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I just saw 40 days and 40 nights with Josh Hartnett and Shannyn. Really silly movie. Premise man vows off sex for Lent and to help get over his girlfriend who dumped him and he meets Shannyn in the middle of his vow.

I do like Josh Hartnett a lot though and I've definitely seen worse films.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I just saw the movie Devour

I cut my teeth on the horror movies of the 70's and 80's so in general I usually enjoy them. If you do not like occult movies like The Exoricist, Rosemary's Baby, The Omen I would not recommend this at all.

It started out with the premise of an internet game called The Pathway that "makes" you do things. It was very interesting in the beginning as these college kids started to do strange and harmful things to themselves and others. Shannyn played a nurse who worked in the hospital where our young hero Jake's mother has been since a serious accident. They become attracted to each other while Jake's friends start killing other people and themselves. The movie takes a strange turn with a devil like creature manifesting itself and I truly HATED the end.

Shannyn has a medium size but pivotal role in this movie and an interesting shade of Auburn/Red hair in this one.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Going to talk about the movie One Missed Call.

It is a horror movie and the premise is you get a call on your cell phone dated a day or two in the future. It's your voice on the message and you die at that time. Shannyn had the lead in this and I enjoyed 90% of the movie. I didn't love the end but if you like horror movies at all this is a pretty good one. It is also on HBO tonight at 7:30P if anyone wants to see it.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Shannyn Previous roles

Post by cassysj »

I just rented Catacombs. Shannyn has the lead and it's an interesting horror film. It takes place in Paris underground in the Catacombs. It's definitely slow in some places but the ending surprised me. Gross in some parts like most horror films but as a fan of horror films thought it was worth the rental.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Sooooo not a fan of horror movies, so thanks for your reviews of those, Carol. Is there some logic to the fact that Shannyn has appeared in so many of them??

And i did not care for her work in Knight's Tale... she seemed wooden to me in that. I thought she played Cora better....

And cute martini commercial, Sister M!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Grace, I think A Knight's Tale was her first acting job, so that may have been part of the problem. The whole movie was odd, though. :?
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Now, I loved "A Knight's Tale," but she seemed to me like an Angelina Jolie clone in that. If you look at the close-up posted above, you can even see she has similar lips, at that time. They don't look like that anymore, as far as I can tell. (I have no idea how, but they just look different.)

Lucky
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

I'm a fan of Knight's Tale too, Lucky. I honestly think Shannyn came off worse of all the actors in the movie though which is unfortunate as she is a much better actress than she appears to be from this.

Has anyone seen her in The Rules of Attraction? It's a film set in college and she is one of three main characters. It's quite a dark and unpleasant film but she was great in it. :thumbs:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Well, to give her credit, she didn't have a lot to do in Knight's Tale, but sit around in the bleachers and swoon over Heath Ledger. (Now, one asks, how good an actress do you need to be to swoon convincingly over Heath? He was such a cutie, and talented, too.)

Lucky
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

librarian_7 wrote:Well, to give her credit, she didn't have a lot to do in Knight's Tale, but sit around in the bleachers and swoon over Heath Ledger. (Now, one asks, how good an actress do you need to be to swoon convincingly over Heath? He was such a cutie, and talented, too.)

Lucky
This is true, Lucky. :biggrin:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:

Return to “Past Projects”