Jason - general news and discussion

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Jason - general news and discussion

Post by Lilly »

We didn't really have a general category that this tidbit would fit into and it's not really a enough for a thread of its own, so I created a general discussion thread for Jason. Think of it as Jason randomness. :teeth:

This tweet from earlier tonight caught my attention...

MichaelAusiello Michael Ausiello
Attention Jason Dohring: Get thee to VAMPIRE DIARIES. There's a role with your name on it! http://on.fb.me/9bLumZ @julieplec @kevwilliamson
4 hours ago

The link takes you to Ausiello's Facebook page where he explains:

Forgive me if this is already out there, but VAMP DIARIES is casting a killer new bloodsucker. Character's name is Klaus. Described as in his late 20s to mid 30s (altho he's really, like, 1000), he's devastatingly handsome, charming, intelligent, and quick-witted. He's also the only person who can out-Damon Damon. Strong series regular potential. At the very least recurring. Um, Jason Dohring anyone?!

I have to admit I'm not really sure how I feel about this. NO one wants to see Jason working regularly more than I do. No one. However, Josef was THE vampire and I'm not sure I could stand to see Jason play any other vamp, no matter how awesome the role sounds.

I've seen a couple of episodes of The Vampire Diaries, but never really got into it. In that respect, it's kind of hard to judge. And right now this is nothing more than Ausiello's pipe dream. He certainly has stirred up Jason's fans, though, both on Twitter and Facebook. It'll be interesting to see if anything comes of the buzz he's created.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Jason - general news and discussion

Post by allegrita »

Oh, man... I'm so torn. First, you're right, of course: there IS no "up" from Josef Kostan. He's the consummate vamp. Second, we don't want Jason to be typecast into vampire roles, heaven knows.

But... oh, but... couldn't you just see him (figuratively) chewing up the Salvatore brothers and spitting 'em out?! Sigh... :teeth:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

allegrita wrote:Oh, man... I'm so torn. First, you're right, of course: there IS no "up" from Josef Kostan. He's the consummate vamp. Second, we don't want Jason to be typecast into vampire roles, heaven knows.

But... oh, but... couldn't you just see him (figuratively) chewing up the Salvatore brothers and spitting 'em out?! Sigh... :teeth:
Yes, I could. If only he could do it as JOSEF. *sigh*
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

It is hard to imagine him as another vampire. I never got into Vampire Diaries either. While just a fantasy now it would be nice to see him on TV again.
MoonlitRose
Fledgling

Post by MoonlitRose »

Oh, I agree. :comfort2: Hard to think of Jason as a vamp other than as Josef Kostan.

On the other hand, he'd be awesome as someone who could "out-Damon, Damon"! :laugh:

Guess we'll see what happens! :wave:
-MoonlitRose
To view additional Graphic Art by MoonlitRose.
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Hmmm, what if we thought about it like a relocation?
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

I only watched a small part of The Vampire Diaries (when it was on before the Moonlight repeats on the CW) and it seemed like an okay show. I don't want Jason to get typecast either, but I haven't seen him on TV regularly and I am sure he could use the work. This sounds like a nice gig and I wish him the best of luck.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
tucutecats
Fledgling

Post by tucutecats »

I'm kinda on the fence about this show but I think Jason would be awesome and he needs a regular job he has a little boy to feed now,besides he would really improve this show.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Lilly wrote:I have to admit I'm not really sure how I feel about this. NO one wants to see Jason working regularly more than I do. No one. However, Josef was THE vampire and I'm not sure I could stand to see Jason play any other vamp, no matter how awesome the role sounds.
I bow ONLY to Lilly in heartfelt desire to see Jason regularly on TV again. (Trust me on this one. Seriously. YouknowwhatImean?) And yeah, as much as I would kill, maim, or commit mayhem to see Josef in new material, I have a bit of trepidation at the idea of him turning up as another vamp. I suspect that he'd say, "been there, done that," and hold out for a different sort of role anyway.

Lucky
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

librarian_7 wrote: I bow ONLY to Lilly in heartfelt desire to see Jason regularly on TV again. (Trust me on this one. Seriously. YouknowwhatImean?) And yeah, as much as I would kill, maim, or commit mayhem to see Josef in new material, I have a bit of trepidation at the idea of him turning up as another vamp. I suspect that he'd say, "been there, done that," and hold out for a different sort of role anyway.

Lucky
No bowing necessary, sweetie. I said no one wanted it MORE than I do -- I'm perfectly willing to accept a tie. :snicker:

And, uh, sign me up for the mayhem thing. I'm in. :twothumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Well, I took it to mean a Josef spin-off, Josef movie, etc. :cloud9:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

A tie is good...

Lucky
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

nutmegger911 wrote:Hmmm, what if we thought about it like a relocation?
That was my thought! Josef moved from LA to wherever Vampire Diaries is. (New Orleans?)

Mmmmm.... :hearts:

Lovely dream for us but I'm absolutely sure he wouldn't do it for the reasons already noted. And he'd have to get by the VD casting process.
Last edited by r1015bill on Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Wow! As many of you have indicated, it would be great to see Jason back on the small screen on a regular basis, but Jason's vampire is Josef Kostan, and regardless of what the VD might call this new character, it would be hard to see Jason's character as anyone but Josef...

Sigh....damned if you do, damned if you don't.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

librarian_7 wrote:
Lilly wrote:I have to admit I'm not really sure how I feel about this. NO one wants to see Jason working regularly more than I do. No one. However, Josef was THE vampire and I'm not sure I could stand to see Jason play any other vamp, no matter how awesome the role sounds.
I bow ONLY to Lilly in heartfelt desire to see Jason regularly on TV again. (Trust me on this one. Seriously. YouknowwhatImean?) And yeah, as much as I would kill, maim, or commit mayhem to see Josef in new material, I have a bit of trepidation at the idea of him turning up as another vamp. I suspect that he'd say, "been there, done that," and hold out for a different sort of role anyway.

Lucky
I completely, utterly, without hesitation agree with you all. I just can't see him as any other vamp than Josef. I just can't... :no:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!

Return to “General Discussion”