Jason in The Originals (CW)

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Re: Jason in The Originals (CW)

Post by librarian_7 »

Yes, he's woefully underused. But at least he's on our tv screens!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Detective Kinney will be back on May 13! :teeth:

Here's some info: http://www.ksitetv.com/the-originals/or ... 21a_0241r/
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I'm rather fond of poor Det. Kinney!
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

:highfive: YAY! I hope he will be more of himself then a compelled servant. Who knows?
This Mikaelson Family has been tumbling down a slippery slope of late. :nails:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Good for Jason!!

I was afraid they'd forgotten about Kinney. Wonder if he's introduced to the 'other' world in New Orleans :devil:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Lilly wrote:Detective Kinney will be back on May 13! :teeth:

Here's some info: http://www.ksitetv.com/the-originals/or ... 21a_0241r/
Bumping Lilly's post about Jason's appearance in this Friday's (May 13th) episode of 'The Originals'. Now that Cami is no longer with us, I wonder if Det. Kinney is going to be the token non-supernatural character in the show.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Interesting thought, dsr. I'm for anything that lets us see more of him. :thumbs:

Also, I'm wondering what happens now that Lucien is dead -- is Will still compelled by what Lucien put in his mind or will he be freed of that and more aware of what's going on? I'm still not sure of all the rules in this vampire universe.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Lilly wrote:Interesting thought, dsr. I'm for anything that lets us see more of him. :thumbs:

Also, I'm wondering what happens now that Lucien is dead -- is Will still compelled by what Lucien put in his mind or will he be freed of that and more aware of what's going on? I'm still not sure of all the rules in this vampire universe.
In Julie Plec's vampire universe (The Vampire Diaries and The Originals), compulsion does indeed end when the compelling vampire dies. In an earlier episode, Klaus tried to help Kinney at Cami's request by placing more positive thoughts about Kinney's self-worth in his mind. I'm just wondering where Kinney fits in now and how he reacts to the death of a woman who tried to help him.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

darkstarrising wrote:In an earlier episode, Klaus tried to help Kinney at Cami's request by placing more positive thoughts about Kinney's self-worth in his mind.
Admittedly, I haven't been watching the series long, but that scene was my hands-down favorite this season. :heart: It was just so well done and it showed such depths to Klaus' character.

I think, going forward, there's an opportunity for Jason to really shine as Will navigates his emotions upon "awakening" to a world in which vampires are a reality. Does he lash out in hatred or does he form an uneasy alliance with Klaus? Either way, I hope there are many more scenes with the two of them. I just pray that he's no longer bumbling around in the dark. :fingerscrossed:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Well, Jason did get a bit more air time in this episode, and apparently Detective Kinney doesn't remember Klaus at all. The way this episode ended, I could see Kinney becoming a more recurring character than he has in the past.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

darkstarrising wrote:Well, Jason did get a bit more air time in this episode, and apparently Detective Kinney doesn't remember Klaus at all. The way this episode ended, I could see Kinney becoming a more recurring character than he has in the past.
:fingerscrossed: :pray: :fingerscrossed:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

It seems Jason will also be in 'The Originals' finale on Friday, based on the promotional photos (he's in the fourth photo in the top row).

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/05/the-originals-episode-322-bloody-crown.html
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

So, Jason was in the finale, and coming full circle, his character, Det. Kinney, got bitten by a vampire!! :gasp:

Kinney apparently survived, but according to Vincent, Kinney was 'hurt real bad'. I have no clue whether Kinney is going to pull through and be a recurring character on 'The Originals', but he'd make a great non-supernatural addition to the cast. Too bad we'll have to wait eight months to find out. :hankie:
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Of course, I would like to have seen more of Jason in the finale, but that aside, I thought it was an exceptional episode.

I've been watching my way through The Vampire Diaries and I just got to the episode (4.20) that served as the back door pilot for The Originals. I had already been thinking about how well crafted this season finale was, ending with Hayley hauling off the family coffins in large truck. When Klaus first came to Mystic Falls, he was hauling his siblings in a similar fashion. His motivations at the time were quite different, but the parallels were striking. The biggest "bookend" though was with Marcel. In the pilot, when Klaus returned to New Orleans, Marcel proclaimed himself no longer the "Prince" of the Quarter that Klaus remembered. He stated arrogantly and menacingly, "I'm the King!" The season finale, titled "The Bloody Crown," saw Marcel take that throne, quite literally, as he passed judgment from on high. Even without seeing the 2 seasons worth of drama that took place between these two episodes, I know that this is epic storytelling. This series obviously honors its own history and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

I expect they will time-jump 3 years to catch up with TVD which jumped three years mid-season. Also, it will give them the opportunity to age Hope a little and allow time for Hayley to search for some answers.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Lilly wrote:Of course, I would like to have seen more of Jason in the finale, but that aside, I thought it was an exceptional episode.

I've been watching my way through The Vampire Diaries and I just got to the episode (4.20) that served as the back door pilot for The Originals. I had already been thinking about how well crafted this season finale was, ending with Hayley hauling off the family coffins in large truck. When Klaus first came to Mystic Falls, he was hauling his siblings in a similar fashion. His motivations at the time were quite different, but the parallels were striking. The biggest "bookend" though was with Marcel. In the pilot, when Klaus returned to New Orleans, Marcel proclaimed himself no longer the "Prince" of the Quarter that Klaus remembered. He stated arrogantly and menacingly, "I'm the King!" The season finale, titled "The Bloody Crown," saw Marcel take that throne, quite literally, as he passed judgment from on high. Even without seeing the 2 seasons worth of drama that took place between these two episodes, I know that this is epic storytelling. This series obviously honors its own history and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

I expect they will time-jump 3 years to catch up with TVD which jumped three years mid-season. Also, it will give them the opportunity to age Hope a little and allow time for Hayley to search for some answers.
I expect that there will be a time jump as well, since when TVD jumped three years ahead and sent Caroline to New Orleans looking for Klaus, he was no where to be found and hadn't been heard of for a while. If there is a time jump, it would give Det. Kinney either time to recover and become a part of 'the community' or run screaming into the night. :snicker:

I've watched all three seasons of The Originals and am partial to the second season in particular. What I didn't know until much later is that the story editor for season 2 was Marguerite MacIntire, who played Sheriff Liz Forbes in TVD. She also went on to write several of the episodes, then moved on to writing for 'Containment', which I gave up on after a few episodes.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

Return to “Current Projects”