MickBethCora - Dark as Love (ML Soundtrack Vid #4)

Shadow
Courtesan

Re: MickBethCora - Dark as Love (ML Soundtrack Vid #4)

Post by Shadow »

coco wrote:
Shadow wrote:Oh, I love this one, you came up with the perfect way to use this gorgeous song in a vid! It's kind of chilling, and very beautiful. I especially love the overlays, they're full of so much meaning. And those intercuts between the two kiss scenes - wonderful! This is definitely a favorite!
Thanks so much, Shadow. :heart:

I spent quite a bit of time before I even started this vid contemplating which couple to feature. I had originally planned for this to be a MickCora vid only but then I got the idea of combining both couples and have it be a kind of dark and light thing showing the differences between the two women and their relationship with Mick. I was really pleased with how it turned out, especially the overlays, as I've been killing myself trying to figure them out properly. :snicker:

It really is brilliant. I love the way you've used the elements of the dark and the light - and the ways they both seduce Mick - and fit it all with the song. (Fascinating how beautifully Red's quote fits with this video too.) I had often thought of using this song for a vid but had never come up with a story that worked - kudos to you for finding the way so perfectly! :thud:
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Shadow wrote:
coco wrote:
Shadow wrote:Oh, I love this one, you came up with the perfect way to use this gorgeous song in a vid! It's kind of chilling, and very beautiful. I especially love the overlays, they're full of so much meaning. And those intercuts between the two kiss scenes - wonderful! This is definitely a favorite!
Thanks so much, Shadow. :heart:

I spent quite a bit of time before I even started this vid contemplating which couple to feature. I had originally planned for this to be a MickCora vid only but then I got the idea of combining both couples and have it be a kind of dark and light thing showing the differences between the two women and their relationship with Mick. I was really pleased with how it turned out, especially the overlays, as I've been killing myself trying to figure them out properly. :snicker:

It really is brilliant. I love the way you've used the elements of the dark and the light - and the ways they both seduce Mick - and fit it all with the song. (Fascinating how beautifully Red's quote fits with this video too.) I had often thought of using this song for a vid but had never come up with a story that worked - kudos to you for finding the way so perfectly! :thud:
Thanks, Shadow. :hearts:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

wow! awesome, coco!!! those smoochy scenes overlays are hot, hot, HOT!!
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:wow! awesome, coco!!! those smoochy scenes overlays are hot, hot, HOT!!
Thank you, Luxe. :hug:

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

coco, I love the way you used this song, with its echoing lines, to echo the differing, yet strikingly parallel, relationships Mick has with the two most important women in his life. I don't know anything about the technical aspects of filmmaking, but I am always so impressed with the way you cut the scenes to match the music so well. And the ethereal, eerie quality of this song is just perfect for the kind of intercut shots you did--once again, a visual representation of the echoing phrasing in the song.

This is really a remarkable video!
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

allegrita wrote:coco, I love the way you used this song, with its echoing lines, to echo the differing, yet strikingly parallel, relationships Mick has with the two most important women in his life. I don't know anything about the technical aspects of filmmaking, but I am always so impressed with the way you cut the scenes to match the music so well. And the ethereal, eerie quality of this song is just perfect for the kind of intercut shots you did--once again, a visual representation of the echoing phrasing in the song.

This is really a remarkable video!
Thanks, Alle. :flowers:

This was definitely a song that was better used as an MBC vid than as a couple vid which was my original intention. :ysmile:

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

I got a lovely comment from someone on YT the other day and it made me giggle.

"This vid is really good, and the song is beautiful. I don't know why it hasn't had more ratings. Maybe because Coraline's in it?"

Now my vids don't get a lot of views on YT anyway so I don't think much of it but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to reply and say something about Coraline being in it? :snicker:

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I love the clips you used for this song. You find the most striking scenes especially for Coraline

Return to “Coco's Fan Vids”