MickBethCora - Dark as Love (ML Soundtrack Vid #4)

coco
Cleaner

MickBethCora - Dark as Love (ML Soundtrack Vid #4)

Post by coco »

MickBethCora - Dark as Love by Melissa Ritter

What a triangle. :biggrin:

Viewing Options
YT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhBR6OqcV1Y
Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/23384710
Blog: http://cocosfanvids.blogspot.com

Hopefully the overlays are a little better this time round. Still learning the new software. ;)
Last edited by coco on Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: MickBethCora - Dark as Love (ML Soundtrack Vid #4)

Post by wpgrace »

Wow!! The juxtapositions are coooooooool!!! And the opening, with the slow motion and Cora drifting down from the ceiling!

BUT I CANNOT REMEMBER WHEN THIS SONG PLAYED!!! I really would hate to have to turn in my fan membership, but I remember the song, just not the scene it appeared in... :blushing:

Another wonderful vid... I love the idea of the MickBethCora vids... that's kinda the theme of the show... so the vids remind us of the complexity of our Mick... :flowers:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Oh coco, this is very, very cool.

I know it's totally and utterly shallow but anything that includes the surveillance kiss just gets me squeeing - Mick just looks so COMPLETELY GORGEOUS in that scene. Sigh.

I posted this in another thread earlier and I think it's appropriate here as I think it's what you've shown in this video too:
redwinter101 wrote:I see the passion Mick and Coraline have as completely different from what he has with Beth. Not better or stronger - just different. The divine Miss Wpgrace put it best - their relationship is all heat but no warmth. There's no care for each other, no romance - but there is passion aplenty. Whereas with Beth I see the love and care in every movement, every touch, every word.

I know to some that seems contradictory - but to me, without the one you can't have the other. Both relationships have made Mick the complex, tortured, loving, occasionally infuriating, hesitant, hurt soul we all fell in love with.

In my humble opinion...
Marvellous, coco. :clapping: :clapping:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

wpgrace wrote:Wow!! The juxtapositions are coooooooool!!! And the opening, with the slow motion and Cora drifting down from the ceiling!

BUT I CANNOT REMEMBER WHEN THIS SONG PLAYED!!! I really would hate to have to turn in my fan membership, but I remember the song, just not the scene it appeared in... :blushing:

Another wonderful vid... I love the idea of the MickBethCora vids... that's kinda the theme of the show... so the vids remind us of the complexity of our Mick... :flowers:
Grace, the song appears in 12:04am but i'll have to rewatch ( :mdrama: ) to get the actual scene. :snicker:

Thanks for the lovely comment. I'm so pleased you liked it. I love the MBC vids too as it highlights Mick in such a cool way. :biggrin:

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

redwinter101 wrote:Oh coco, this is very, very cool.

I know it's totally and utterly shallow but anything that includes the surveillance kiss just gets me squeeing - Mick just looks so COMPLETELY GORGEOUS in that scene. Sigh.

I posted this in another thread earlier and I think it's appropriate here as I think it's what you've shown in this video too:
redwinter101 wrote:I see the passion Mick and Coraline have as completely different from what he has with Beth. Not better or stronger - just different. The divine Miss Wpgrace put it best - their relationship is all heat but no warmth. There's no care for each other, no romance - but there is passion aplenty. Whereas with Beth I see the love and care in every movement, every touch, every word.

I know to some that seems contradictory - but to me, without the one you can't have the other. Both relationships have made Mick the complex, tortured, loving, occasionally infuriating, hesitant, hurt soul we all fell in love with.

In my humble opinion...
Marvellous, coco. :clapping: :clapping:

Red
Thanks, Red. :flowers:

I was in total agreement with your statement in the Patience thread. I see these differences in the relationships. There is a lot more care shown in the MickBeth dynamic than can be seen in the MickCora one and I had hoped that would come across in the vid so thank you so much for saying that it did. :biggrin:

I'm also quite partial to how Mick looks in the surveillance scene so it was a pleasure to use that scene. :teeth:

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

coco wrote:
wpgrace wrote:Wow!! The juxtapositions are coooooooool!!! And the opening, with the slow motion and Cora drifting down from the ceiling!

Grace, the song appears in 12:04am but i'll have to rewatch ( :mdrama: ) to get the actual scene. :snicker:

Thanks for the lovely comment. I'm so pleased you liked it. I love the MBC vids too as it highlights Mick in such a cool way. :biggrin:
AH! I remember now! It's when she finds her pics in his files!!!!!!!! :slaphead: Knowing it was from 12:04 helped me remember! We make a good team, coco...

And love Red's comments... as usual... :biggrin:

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

wpgrace wrote:We make a good team, coco...
My two best girls... :giggle:

Red :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

*loves Grace & Red* :heart: :heart:

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Oh, I love this one, you came up with the perfect way to use this gorgeous song in a vid! It's kind of chilling, and very beautiful. I especially love the overlays, they're full of so much meaning. And those intercuts between the two kiss scenes - wonderful! This is definitely a favorite!
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Shadow wrote:Oh, I love this one, you came up with the perfect way to use this gorgeous song in a vid! It's kind of chilling, and very beautiful. I especially love the overlays, they're full of so much meaning. And those intercuts between the two kiss scenes - wonderful! This is definitely a favorite!
Thanks so much, Shadow. :heart:

I spent quite a bit of time before I even started this vid contemplating which couple to feature. I had originally planned for this to be a MickCora vid only but then I got the idea of combining both couples and have it be a kind of dark and light thing showing the differences between the two women and their relationship with Mick. I was really pleased with how it turned out, especially the overlays, as I've been killing myself trying to figure them out properly. :snicker:

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Coco I love hearing how your process worked for this one... being utterly incapable of this kind of artistry myself, it is so cool to hear how you work with a song, think about it, try to match it up to characters appropriately, not just to scenes per se. And your cuts and transitions are getting stronger with every vid you make, IMO....

And I love how you interpret Mick thru his relationships... as Red says, both women made him the vamp he is... the good and the flawed of it... and we love him as much for his flaws as for his powerful strengths, do we not?

I have a question for you... I DO think Mick is one of those people who needs people... thus his relationships, while few (at least since his vamp days they are few), are way important to him. That includes his relationship with Josef. Which is, I think, one of his real links to life itself.

Have you ever made a Mick and Josef vid? Not talking about slash, tho I have enjoyed Em's slashy vids as well as her fics... but just the guys?

coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

wpgrace wrote:Coco I love hearing how your process worked for this one... being utterly incapable of this kind of artistry myself, it is so cool to hear how you work with a song, think about it, try to match it up to characters appropriately, not just to scenes per se. And your cuts and transitions are getting stronger with every vid you make, IMO....

And I love how you interpret Mick thru his relationships... as Red says, both women made him the vamp he is... the good and the flawed of it... and we love him as much for his flaws as for his powerful strengths, do we not?

I have a question for you... I DO think Mick is one of those people who needs people... thus his relationships, while few (at least since his vamp days they are few), are way important to him. That includes his relationship with Josef. Which is, I think, one of his real links to life itself.

Have you ever made a Mick and Josef vid? Not talking about slash, tho I have enjoyed Em's slashy vids as well as her fics... but just the guys?
Grace, my vids always start with the song. I need the song to work for me before I even begin thinking about anything else. Then I move on to which character(s) will fit the song and then I build the scenes around the lyrics wherever possible. Sometimes I can't achieve that as I would like but I try my best to use this template always. My vids don't often have a lot of effects either as I prefer the emotion of the scenes used to come through and then I just always hope that others like it as much as I do. :biggrin:

I've made one Mick and Josef vid - These Are the Days of our Lives. It's in the office along with my Josef vid. Neither vid got many views so I've always assumed I didn't do them very well. I'm not sure I capture them as well as I do say Mick or Mick and Beth or Mick and Coraline. I've put off making any more as I don't have the same confidence with these characters as I do the others.

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

YES!!! I remember that one!

Gotta go re-watch...

coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

wpgrace wrote:YES!!! I remember that one!

Gotta go re-watch...
Your comment was my first on that vid. :heart:

Just remembered that Moonlight - You Needed Me also features a fair bit of Mick & Josef. :thumbs:

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Just revisited that one too... oh THAT one is very beautiful but verrrrrrry emotional. The opening is just lovely, where Mick and Josef are having that lovely quiet moment at the end of DF... AND you have my favorite MickCora scene from TMC in it... as usual, you match up the words and pics so well........ :smooch:

Return to “Coco's Fan Vids”