The Dream is Still Alive - a five-year anniversary video

Shadow
Courtesan

Re: The Dream is Still Alive - a five-year anniversary video

Post by Shadow »

allegrita wrote:Oh, Shadow... :hankie: :cloud9: :heart: :hug:

I'm crying at my desk. Happy, lovely tears of Moonlight joy. This is exactly how I feel today. And this is why I asked Lilly to create my banner... I see Mick and Beth five years on, making things work, leaning on each other for strength, and keeping the dream alive.

And that's what we are all doing today. Keeping the dream and the wonderful community of Moonlight alive together. Thank you so much for this video. It is absolutely perfect. :notworthy:
Thank you so much for the wonderful comment, Alle. :cloud9: I'm so happy the video could mean so much to you.

And thanks to you especially for taking on the running of this site! This to me is by far the most special site on the net and all that you and the mods do here does so much to keep our community, and our Moonlight dream, alive. Having this site to go to gives me so much inspiration, and it makes me want to create things to put on it! :biggrin: Thank you for all you do here, dear Alle.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

choccyterri wrote::heart: Shadow this is just lovely... even if it's been made for two weeks. Posting it today is absolutely perfect. It speaks volumes about how we all feel today... Thank you so very much for sharing your wonderful work with us. :rose:
Thank you so much, chocyterri! Believe it or not, this video has been finished for six weeks . . . Rl just got so crazy that I could not even think of posting it back then. But for the video, I think that turned out for the best! I had lost track of time, but when I finally realized what date was coming up, I knew this was actually meant to be an anniversary video. :heart:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

darkstarrising wrote:Shadow, this is just so stunning and so true to the story of Mick and Beth....

Thank you for keeping the dream alive in such a wonderful way :rose:
Thank you ever so much, dsr! :rose:

I've never come up with an anniversary video before and I was so glad to have this to put up on such a special day.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

maggatha3 wrote:Ohh, Shadow! This song is unbelievably perfect, both for the video and for the occasion! It is not five years for me, only two..but the power of Moonlight has changed my life in all levels and still does! It is old news me crying over a video of yours,but today the tears were liberating! I watched NSTAV and Newborn! Even went through some of our first...mail! And all because of that new video of yours, where their story lives on!

This was one amazing birthday gift! :thud:
Thank you, my Sire! :rose:
My dear little fledgling! How I love what you wrote about what this video inspired you to do . . . and how wonderful.it is that it could bring back so many memories, and thoughts of how Moonlight has changed your life! (Could you even have imagined traveling all the way across the world to meet a special actor and so many new special friends, before Moonlight? :chin: )
After reading your comment I too was inspired to go back through some of our first mail, and that was so lovely; there were things I had even forgotten that I treasured reading again! :heart: While making this video I was thinking about our own experiences as well as Mick's, and how much beautiful wonder has come into our lives in spite of the fact that we lost our lovely show . . . or maybe even because of that, because this has seemed only to bring us all closer together . . .

Many thanks, my dear Tula!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Marigold wrote:Shadow, this is outstanding! :cloud9: :heart: :hankie: :ghug:

You chose wonderful clips for this video (including my very favourite scene :hearts: ). They perfectly illustrate that the dream is in fact still alive. The song was a very appropriate choice.

Bravo! :rose: Thank you for the many gifts you have given us! :hug:
Thanks so much, Marigold! I'm so glad you liked the song -- it was really a find; after discovering "Eversleeping" I went hunting for other Xandria songs and found this one, which is so beautiful and hopeful, and fit both Moonlight and our own fan experience so very well. So glad you liked the clip selection too! I wanted to use lots of the so beautiful "classic" favorites and tried to balance this by also using some clips that I'd never used in a video before.

(And now of course, I'm really wondering . . . . which one is your favorite scene? :chin: :chin: )
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

librarian_7 wrote::notworthy: :notworthy:

Sorry, I just run out of adjectives to describe your vids. They're...always amazing, and I think this was the perfect anniversary piece.

The dream IS still alive. We--the fans--keep it that way.

Thank you so much for sharing your vision.
:laugh: It's wonderful that you've run out of adjectives, Lucky. What a compliment! I'm glad I realized that this was really an anniversary piece and saved it for the day!

We fans do keep the dream alive . . . but you MLA mods do even more, and I am so very grateful for all that you do. Having this site to come to is really a blessing.

Thank you so much for the work you do here! :rose:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Lucy wrote:your composition and juxtaposition of images with the drive of the music is awe inspiring. :heart: :rose:

Yes, we had only 16 episodes of them, but the fans like you have created so much more from those images and I am stirred by your creativity. :phew:

BRAVA!
We have created so much from those sixteen episodes that sometimes it seems as if there really were many more. (And there is so much in every episode, that effect is magnified.)

I love your description of the images with the drive of the music; that is just what I wanted to create! Thank you ever so much, Lucy. :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Aww... :blushing: :cloud9: :ghug:

This site really is a labor of love for the mod/admin staff. I love our team and I love the fact that we have talents and interests that compliment one another. This truly is a team effort, and I am more grateful to my dear friends than I can possibly express. :hearts:

And I think I can safely speak for them in saying that it is this wonderful community of interesting, thoughtful, and truly nice people that makes MLA such a special place.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

allegrita wrote:This site really is a labor of love for the mod/admin staff.
I am sooo glad you all love doing this, in spite of all the labor!! :heart:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

We really do, honey. We really, really do.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

librarian_7 wrote:We really do, honey. We really, really do.
Thank goodness! I can't even imagine having enough computer savvy to do such work, much less finding the time!
:rose: :flowers: :rose: :flowers: :rose:
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

I'm back for a re-watch! :yahoo: This video is fantastic, powerful, and hopeful -- much like our favourite show was. You've really done justice with this video, Shadow . . . not just to Moonlight, but to the whole Moonlight community as well. This is truly a masterpiece. :notworthy: :rose:

I'm sorry I missed your comment:
Shadow wrote: (And now of course, I'm really wondering . . . . which one is your favorite scene? :chin: :chin: )
My very favourite Moonlight scene is from Fated to Pretend: when Mick takes off Beth's blindfold, and she sees that he is a vampire again. "Life is short." :heart: My second favourite scene: the re-turning scene, with "He has my Beth" and "Please, brother." :heart:

Shadow, what is your favourite scene? Have you created a video about it?

I love your banner. :flowers: I just noticed now that it is from the beginning of this video.

Thank you! :rose: :hearts:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
Skylar
Freelance freshie

Post by Skylar »

Shadow this is just so beautiful. I have never heard this singer before. Her voice is hauntingly beautiful as your images flow acorss the scene. So emotional :heart:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Marigold wrote:I'm back for a re-watch! :yahoo: This video is fantastic, powerful, and hopeful -- much like our favourite show was. You've really done justice with this video, Shadow . . . not just to Moonlight, but to the whole Moonlight community as well. This is truly a masterpiece. :notworthy: :rose:

I'm sorry I missed your comment:
Shadow wrote: (And now of course, I'm really wondering . . . . which one is your favorite scene? :chin: :chin: )
My very favourite Moonlight scene is from Fated to Pretend: when Mick takes off Beth's blindfold, and she sees that he is a vampire again. "Life is short." :heart: My second favourite scene: the re-turning scene, with "He has my Beth" and "Please, brother." :heart:

Shadow, what is your favourite scene? Have you created a video about it?

I love your banner. :flowers: I just noticed now that it is from the beginning of this video.

Thank you! :rose: :hearts:
Marigold, your recent comments on some of my other videos at last made me notice that I never answered your question on this one! I had just seen your comment about rewatching this video when real life caused me to fall off the board, and I never managed to answer.

But I was absolutely delighted to know that you had watched this video again, and I was very interested to learn which scenes were your favorites! I have so many favorite scenes, I really cannot pick out just one ..... Maybe that is why I have made so many different videos, so that I can use all of them. The scene in the show which most moved me was Mick trying to save Josh in Love Lasts Forever, and the aftermath of that, but that is not quite exactly the same as being the favorite.... And my favorite episode is usually What's Left Behind, because I so love the deep look into Mick's past.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Skylar wrote:Shadow this is just so beautiful. I have never heard this singer before. Her voice is hauntingly beautiful as your images flow acorss the scene. So emotional :heart:
Skylar, I wasn't able to reply back when you left this comment, but I saw it and appreciated it so much! I love this singer's voice too, especially in this particular song. Thanks so much!

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”