The Dream is Still Alive - a five-year anniversary video

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: The Dream is Still Alive - a five-year anniversary video

Post by allegrita »

I came back for a re-watch of your anniversary video (which made me all sniffly again). :hankie: :cloud9: So in addition to thanking you once more for this amazing tribute to the show and the fandom, I wanted to post the beautiful 5-year banner that Lilly made, because in my mind, it really fits with the mood of your video. Five years on, we're making it work, and I imagine Mick and Beth doing the same thing. :heart:

Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Shadow. Thank you for making this video. It is lovely. I left a comment on Youtube. I had never heard this song before but it reminds me of another song and I will need to do some research on Xandria. Again thank you for helping to keep the magic of Moonlight alive even almost 5 years after the last episode aired.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

allegrita wrote:I came back for a re-watch of your anniversary video (which made me all sniffly again). :hankie: :cloud9: So in addition to thanking you once more for this amazing tribute to the show and the fandom, I wanted to post the beautiful 5-year banner that Lilly made, because in my mind, it really fits with the mood of your video. Five years on, we're making it work, and I imagine Mick and Beth doing the same thing. :heart:

Alle, so great to hear that you went back to re watch this one! I love that you find Lilly's banner to fit with it so well, and that you put it back up for the occasion. (As well as the delightful new Valentine banner! ) Thanks ever so much.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Moonlightsonata wrote:Shadow. Thank you for making this video. It is lovely. I left a comment on Youtube. I had never heard this song before but it reminds me of another song and I will need to do some research on Xandria. Again thank you for helping to keep the magic of Moonlight alive even almost 5 years after the last episode aired.
I love this song and it is great to know that it has gotten you interested in Xandria! Xandria is a German band that has gone through a lot of metamorphosis, having had at least 3 different lead singers. The singer on this song is the newest one and has only performed on the latest CD, Neverworld's End. I really like her voice. (There are no other songs very much like this one on the CD, though.)

If you remember what song this reminds you of, I would be quite interested to know what that song is.... Thank you so much for the comments.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Oh yes, forgot to mention that I have made one other video using a Xandria song..... Eversleeping, one of their older songs which features their first lead singer.
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Shadow - the song may not remind you of this but it is by Nightwish and is called "Sleeping Sun." I first saw it when someone used it for a Moonlight video years ago, although that video is long gone. The lead in Nightwish has changed but the version I like is by Tarja Turunen (my spelling may be a little off.)
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Thanks, moonlightsonata.... I hadn't thought before of Sleeping Sun in relation to this song but I really see what you mean! I love Tarja's version too, and I definitely see why this would remind you of it. (This song also sounds a lot like a Within Temptation piece to me .....actually rather more than it sounds like any of the other Xandria songs!)
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Oh, I missed this originally. How beautiful that was to remember all the things I adore about this show. :heart:

Beautifully done, as always and the song choice was perfect. Pretty song that worked wonderfully with the scenes chosen.

Five years. WOW. :hug:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Hi coco, it is so nice that you found this anniversary video when you came across the new video! So glad you enjoyed it. It is so true .... So hard to believe it has been five years!
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Enjoyed seeing this again. Such a beautiful job you did!

:hearts: :hearts:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Thanks so much for re-watching, MLC!! :rose:
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Wow, I'm sorry I missed this during the anniversary... It would have added more to the celebration! :hearts:

One thing I noticed is that when I've watched your vids in the past, it was on Vimeo, but this time around you have YouTube links and, despite the annoying ads they've forced upon everyone, these vids seem to start playing MUCH faster than the Vimeo ones did. Maybe it's the compression they use, or maybe it's my computer, but now that they load so quickly, I'm going to start watching them when you initially post them. :yahoo: :snicker:

I loved the MickBeth storytelling in this one, but I agree that it is almost more perfect as the story of ML fans and our journey with this TV show. Thank you for your part in keeping the dream alive, Shadow! :kiss:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”