Is Your Love Strong Enough?

Shadow
Courtesan

Is Your Love Strong Enough?

Post by Shadow »

This video is a very special request for umbra amoris, using a song he requested at least a year ago.
RL intervened a lot, but I have at last completed it. . . .

on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4vtUFGFinw

on Vimeo:
https://vimeo.com/63529654

-
Last edited by Shadow on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Re: Is Your Love Strong Eough? -- Mick and Beth

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

Just beautiful as always.
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

:yahoo: :yahoo: A new Shadow video!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

:hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2:

The beginning was very cool. I love the dreamlike quality of it.

I love how both the song and the video change at 2:16. You did a great job putting the Fever bite at just the right spot!

The use of black and white was excellent. It really contrasted those scenes with those in colour.

And, of course, the ending. :heart: Perfect. Mick and Beth have been through a lot, but yes, their love is strong enough!

Beautifully done, Shadow! :rose:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

BlueEyedMonster wrote:Just beautiful as always.
Thank you ever so much! :rose:
maggatha3
Ancient

Re: Is Your Love Strong Eough?

Post by maggatha3 »

:cloud9: Such an amazing song! Oh well...by now I should have known about umbra's music choises! I loved how it inspired you into creating a video about their struggle for love, as it is both that we can see through it..their fight to get there ..and the love that shines! And there is a dreamlike feeling throughout the video, maybe it is the effects, maybe the voice, I love it so much!

My Sire
:thud:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Marigold wrote::yahoo: :yahoo: A new Shadow video!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

:hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2:

The beginning was very cool. I love the dreamlike quality of it.

I love how both the song and the video change at 2:16. You did a great job putting the Fever bite at just the right spot!

The use of black and white was excellent. It really contrasted those scenes with those in colour.

And, of course, the ending. :heart: Perfect. Mick and Beth have been through a lot, but yes, their love is strong enough!

Beautifully done, Shadow! :rose:
I am glad you were looking forward to a new video, Marigold! That's awesome. :cloud9:

It was great that the first part of the vid seemed dreamlike. That was how that part of the song felt to me.

It's so great that you liked the way it was put together. The music was very inspiring.

Thanks so much.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

maggatha3 wrote::cloud9: Such an amazing song! Oh well...by now I should have known about umbra's music choises! I loved how it inspired you into creating a video about their struggle for love, as it is both that we can see through it..their fight to get there ..and the love that shines! And there is a dreamlike feeling throughout the video, maybe it is the effects, maybe the voice, I love it so much!

My Sire
:thud:
It is true, a lot of the music I have used in my videos is music that umbra has sent to me! He finds some really good stuff.

I was glad that you found this vid to be dreamlike.... Something in the song, the voice made me think to use those effects. I always thought the smoke effects in the ML previews were rather magical, so I used close ups of those in the background. It's nice that that gave it a dreamy look. :cloud9:

Thanks so much, my little fledgling!
(And thanks for pointing out my dreadful typo ....must be time for an eye appointment...... :giggle: )
Shadow
Courtesan

Re: Is Your Love Strong Enough?

Post by Shadow »

The vimeo link is now up . . .

https://vimeo.com/63529654
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Lovely video. I posted a comment on Youtube. Almost five years after the last episode aired, fans like you are still making Moonlight videos and keeping the magic alive. Thank you so much.

The weather here is lovely - finally spring has arrived. About one week until the 5th anniversary of when I went to LA for the Paley event. Moonlight still means a lot. Thanks for a place to express my emotions.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh my goodness--thank you, Shadow, for this beautiful new video, and thank you to Umbra for requesting it. It's another great one. :notworthy:

Starting with the song itself--the lyrics are perfectly Moonlight, and I love the rhythm running through it that sounds so much like a heartbeat. And how amazing that the performers of the song are named "How to Destroy Angels"! Is there a more perfect band name for a Moonlight song?! :hearts:

And then the video. I adore that you used the smoke--one of my favorite effects in the promotional materials for the show. It's so mysterious, so noir, and so magical--it kinda encompasses all the stylistic things I loved about the show in one beautiful graphic. And used in this video, the smoke did so much to symbolize the theme of love and longing and fear and hope that runs through the song and the story you tell in this video.

The first two verses in the slow, dreamy beginning of the song seem to express Mick's POV and then Beth's... the lines that jumped out at me were "With someone I could live for" (Mick, first verse--carrying Beth to safety in NSTAV) and "Someone that I would die for" (Beth, second verse--offering herself to save Mick in Fever). You did such an amazing job of showing their yearning for one another, their willingness to sacrifice themselves for each other, but the doubts that each of them felt. :Mickangel: And the hopes. :heart:

This video tells the story of the obstacles Mick and Beth face--they are pulled apart over and over, but they are also drawn to each other, always there for each other and always yearning for closeness. There are so many challenges to their love, but even at the worst moments it truly is strong enough. :hearts:
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

What a beautiful vid, Shadow. :hearts:

The song choice is new to me. It's quite a haunting, eerie piece of music but it works perfectly with the tone of the vid. I love the change in tempo around 2 mins in and the scenes move perfectly with that too.

The smoke effect used throughout was brilliantly done.

Perfect Mick and Beth and watching this certainly reminded how much I adore these two and Moonlight after quite a bit of time away from it.

Beautifully done, as always. :clapping:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
umbra amoris
Mortal

Post by umbra amoris »

maggatha3 wrote: Such an amazing song! Oh well...by now I should have known about umbra's music choices! I loved how it inspired you into creating a video about their struggle for love, as it is both that we can see through it..their fight to get there ..and the love that shines! And there is a dreamlike feeling throughout the video, maybe it is the effects, maybe the voice, I love it so much!
Well, I'm glad so many people have liked the music. It plays over the end credits of the US version of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo": I could never understand how people could leave the theater while that was playing.

While Shadow does use music I've recommended to her, I have _never_ seen in that music what she sees (hears?). So she repays my sharing by adding so many more layers to the music. Quite like she has added so much to Moonlight episodes with her "In Between" series: when I watch an ep after reading her stories, I suddenly realize that the story was always _there_ and I just never noticed.
Beth's Freshie
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Moonlightsonata wrote:Lovely video. I posted a comment on Youtube. Almost five years after the last episode aired, fans like you are still making Moonlight videos and keeping the magic alive. Thank you so much.

The weather here is lovely - finally spring has arrived. About one week until the 5th anniversary of when I went to LA for the Paley event. Moonlight still means a lot. Thanks for a place to express my emotions.
thank you so much for your comments, Moonlightsonata! The other amazing thing is, there are so still so many people who want to watch Moonlight vids. ( Thank goodness, since I can't seem to resist making them. ;) ) There is so much story in those sixteen episodes, there always seems to be plenty of material to work with.

Oh wow, I had somehow not realized that this was also the fifth anniversary of the Paley event. Such a treasured memory. In many ways it seems like yesterday. I remember so well getting to meet you, and so many others I'd only met before on a computer screen. :hearts:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

allegrita wrote:Oh my goodness--thank you, Shadow, for this beautiful new video, and thank you to Umbra for requesting it. It's another great one. :notworthy:

Starting with the song itself--the lyrics are perfectly Moonlight, and I love the rhythm running through it that sounds so much like a heartbeat. And how amazing that the performers of the song are named "How to Destroy Angels"! Is there a more perfect band name for a Moonlight song?! :hearts:

And then the video. I adore that you used the smoke--one of my favorite effects in the promotional materials for the show. It's so mysterious, so noir, and so magical--it kinda encompasses all the stylistic things I loved about the show in one beautiful graphic. And used in this video, the smoke did so much to symbolize the theme of love and longing and fear and hope that runs through the song and the story you tell in this video.

The first two verses in the slow, dreamy beginning of the song seem to express Mick's POV and then Beth's... the lines that jumped out at me were "With someone I could live for" (Mick, first verse--carrying Beth to safety in NSTAV) and "Someone that I would die for" (Beth, second verse--offering herself to save Mick in Fever). You did such an amazing job of showing their yearning for one another, their willingness to sacrifice themselves for each other, but the doubts that each of them felt. :Mickangel: And the hopes. :heart:

This video tells the story of the obstacles Mick and Beth face--they are pulled apart over and over, but they are also drawn to each other, always there for each other and always yearning for closeness. There are so many challenges to their love, but even at the worst moments it truly is strong enough. :hearts:
Ohh, Alle, I am so pleased you liked this video so much! I had this one half finished last fall, and was so excited to finally be able to get back to it and finish it.

I just loved the smoke effect in the previews too, for all the reasons you described -- I still remember being blown away by the first Moonlight preview I saw, at the end of the first episode--- the "Taking Chances" preview. If I hadn't already been hooked by NSTAV, that preview would have drawn me in without question, and what made it most magical was the way they used those smoke effects. (They did have some brilliant people making promotional material for Moonlight, as well as working on the show!) I hoped I could use that smoke as a symbol in this video, as well as for the visual effect, and it's so wonderful to know that it worked for you. :cloud9:

it's so great you liked the song too (and it is indeed a fantastic band name!) Umbra has quite a way with finding songs that speak to Moonlight. ;)

Thanks so much. :rose:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

coco wrote:What a beautiful vid, Shadow. :hearts:

The song choice is new to me. It's quite a haunting, eerie piece of music but it works perfectly with the tone of the vid. I love the change in tempo around 2 mins in and the scenes move perfectly with that too.

The smoke effect used throughout was brilliantly done.

Perfect Mick and Beth and watching this certainly reminded how much I adore these two and Moonlight after quite a bit of time away from it.

Beautifully done, as always. :clapping:
Hi coco! It's so very good to see you here. And I'm glad this video could bring back some good Moonlight memories. :hearts: :hearts:

I loved that change of tempo in the music too, it was a fun change of pace and there was not much question of what scene belonged there. ;)

Thanks so much for coming by here!

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”