Demons

Shadow
Courtesan

Demons

Post by Shadow »

A Moonlight video request for the Kath40 family! For Rhoni, Kath, and Hannah. :hearts: The song is "Demons" by Imagine Dragons.

On Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsE_myK8dcg

On Vimeo:
https://vimeo.com/108030557
kath40
Cleaner

Re: Demons

Post by kath40 »

OMG Girlfriend! :thud: It pays to have insomnia look what I found. :snicker:

That was so much better then I imagined it could be. :heart: I'm literally in aw of how masterful you are at making a simple request into a work of art. Image
You just don't throw a bunch of already cut scenes end to end stick a song on it and call it good.
When put in your hands you listen to the song, find the perfect scene and effect, then meld them together with such feeling they become something completely unique and beautiful. :hug:

OMG I'm gushing over it and you because I can't truly find the words to describe how this has made me feel and there's not the perfect smilie made to express it...but these will do.
:notworthy: :happysigh: :melts: :hearts: :rose: :flowers: :thud:

TYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTTY! I can't wait to show Rhoni and Hannah they are gonna love it. :ghug: <<< hugs from Hannah and Rhoni in advance. :teeth:

:kiss: Kath

*Kath is off to watch it again and again and have sweet dreams if she can just calm down*
Last edited by kath40 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

:laugh: See I can't sleep...too excited I guess.

I found a little Easter egg in the video. At 1:26 you can hear Mick's breath perfectly timed when he's huddled by the car...nice touch Amy :thumbs: :smooch:

OK I really need to go to sleep or I'll be useless at work in the morning :zzz:
Lupine
Kostan Industries intern

Post by Lupine »

Just an excellent video. The music, the images all just perfectly meld together to bring back Moonlight in all its glory.

I watch H5-0, it's entertaining, but AOL can do so much more, if given the chance, like he was with Moonlight. Thank goodness for DVD's and talented people like you.

:hearts: :hearts:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Wow! Awesome video! I really liked how you overlayed (I don't know the technical term :snicker: ) clips so it looked like what Mick was thinking/remembering. All the lyrics meshed perfectly with the images.

Well done! :clapping:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I just got home after a long day of travel and I found... THIS! :heart:

OMG, Shadow, this video is stunning! :notworthy: :hearts: Visually, it's gorgeous. Emotionally -- I'm at a loss for words. You've captured Mick's inner turmoil so perfectly. The layering and transitions are breathtaking. I think I gasped out loud when I saw the shower scene overlayed with a clip of the fire.

You know, the second or third time I heard "Demons," I knew it was perfect for a Mick video. I am beyond thrilled that Kath requested it and that you rose to the challenge in such a spectacular way. This may just be my new favorite Moonlight video. :hug: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, Shadow... I'm going to have to watch this one a whole bunch of times to catch all the nuances, but I agree with Lilly... this is my new favorite Moonlight video. What a perfect song for Mick and his struggle! And there's a little bit of hope shining, even through the worst of the images.... but wow, what a powerful way you've expressed his neverending fight to keep himself in control.

I love, love, love this video. :heart:

ETA: And thank you so much to Kath and co. for giving Shadow the song and asking for this video! :ghug: :hearts:
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Shadow, this popped up on my YT feed the other day and I was absolutely blown away by it. I knew the structure of the vid would be sublime as your work always is. You've captured Mick's emotional struggle perfectly. The song choice is beautiful.
I will rewatch this one again and again. :rose:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Kath, it is so great that you like this video so much! And thanks so much for asking for the song. :hearts:
kath40 wrote:I found a little Easter egg in the video. At 1:26 you can hear Mick's breath perfectly timed when he's huddled by the car...

I might have known you would notice that, Kath! The timing was actually an accident, but I was at least careful to make sure it stayed there. :winky: I thought I had forgotten to mute the clip, but I hadn't - that breath is actually in the song. It sure does fit Mick's huddled-by-the-car scene though!

Lupine, I'm so glad you found this, and thanks so much for the wonderful comment! :happysigh:

MLC, I'm really glad you liked the layers; that was definitely the hardest part of making this vid. Thanks so much.

Lilly, thanks so very much. I'm a bit out of practice, but the lyrics to this song really helped with finding the right images. I'm delighted that you mentioned the shower scene.... and that this might be your new favorite; that is quite an honor!!

Thank you Alle! This is a pretty dark one overall, but I was hoping there was still a bit of hope shining through. So awesome that this is your new favorite vid!

Coco, it's so good to hear from you! I'm delighted that you'll be re-watching. :hug:
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Wow, Shadow, you made my heart break for Mick all over again! Poor guy. :hankie:

Excellent song choice, Kath, as Mick certainly does have his share of demons, which Shadow melded together beautifully into a narrative. The breath did make me catch my breath (heartbreak!) and the passage @ 2:10 (close-up of Mick opening his eyes) as the music is at its crescendo... very moving. :heart:

I think the best compliment I can give you, Shadow, is that it made me want to watch the series all over again. :clapping: I miss Mick and his demons. :laugh: Thank you for bringing them together again in this video. :hug:
Lupine wrote:AOL can do so much more, if given the chance, like he was with Moonlight.
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

That says it all.
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

HotMicks wrote:I think the best compliment I can give you, Shadow, is that it made me want to watch the series all over again.
That is indeed a wonderful compliment, HotMicks! Thank you so much. :flowers:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

This...reminds me all over again why I fell in love with Moonlight. It's as simple as that. And as complicated.

Absolutely beautiful.

(And now I have to go buy the song...)
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

Just heard this song on the radio today, and I immediately envisioned this video. Such a delight! Poor Mick with his demons inside. Plus the song is so good.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Thanks so much for watching, Lucky and Helloeeze! So great that you enjoyed this one.

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”