My Soul's Not the Same

Shadow
Courtesan

Re: My Soul's Not the Same

Post by Shadow »

jmc wrote::clapping: Haunting and sad. The kisses are there, Beth is reaching out, but Mick remains solitary, withdrawing, withdrawn. The ending made me jump. Wonderful, moody vid.
:yahoo: jmc, I love that the end could make you jump! The end of the song itself is a little startling, and I was hoping to enhance that in the vid.
:thanks:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

allegrita wrote:Shadow, you are such an artist. I loved this video...the black and white and sparing splashes of color, the use of negative images, the wonderful song-- It gives me chills and makes me want to cry, all at the same time. This video goes perfectly with your "In Between" stories... the push-pull dynamic between Mick and Beth, the gulf that separates them, the yearning for each other that tries to span that gulf. I'm awestruck--again. Please, never stop making videos... :rose:
Oh, thank you so much, allegrita. I've had to slow down on them a bit due to RL, but I'm still addicted to making the videos; I'm not sure I could stop if I tried! I loved how you mentioned the In Between stories here; I actually had them in mind while making this video, which hasn't happened before, and it is so awesome that you saw that connection. (I even used the rooftop scene in the vid to set the mood for the opening of the 8 to 9 story.) :hearts: :thanks:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

coco wrote:Absolutely stunning, Shadow. :clapping: :clapping:

Each and every one of your vids is always a joy. You have an amazing connection to Mick and you always, always hihglight him perfectly. :hearts:
:hearts: Thanks so much, coco! It's a joy to highlight Mick .. . :happysigh: and I'm so glad it works for you in the vids. (Hopefully it will work with Josef too! I think I'm going to try to do one for him next.)
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

jen wrote:Wow

Shadow, this is mesmerizing and hypnotic.

The pull between them is so very strongly present, but the differences are there, too.

A wonderful example of synergy, where elements combine to produce something with impact greater than the sum of what made it up.

Thanks, Shadow

Jenna

:thanks2: :thanks2: :thanks2:
Jenna, thank you ... the song is so mesmerizing, it was not hard to make the video go the same way. I was so glad to have found this unusual song; the lyrics worked so well for Mick and Beth.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

AussieJo wrote:Beautiful, haunting, sad.....
Tortured Mick is very sexy, though!
I know it's shallow, but there you go.
You are a clever, clever girl! :hug: :rose:
It might not be deep, but it's sooo true. :happysigh:
I'm glad you liked this, Jo!
Thanks so much.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

fairytoes wrote:WOW! This is breathtakingly beautiful and haunting. I absolutely love the song. :hearts: :flowers:
Thank you, fairytoes! I'm so delighted that you like the song so much. I'm a huge Hungry Lucy fan; they make some truly amazing music.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

*removed obsolete link*
Last edited by Shadow on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Just went to buy a copy of Hungry Lucy's "Pulse of the Earth" album (which this song is on) for my niece's birthday, and noticed that HL has put up a free stream of the entire album here.....
http://blog.hungrylucy.com/2010/02/11/l ... the-earth/
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Jeez, Honey... your artistry is just amazing.
I feel like I'm looking at new pictures, new scenes from the show, the way you use them, intermingle them, crop them, superimpose them... this video is a real "experience." A haunted, hunted kinda feeling to it... and it is SO Mick. His internal monologue has got to feel just like this. Even down to the black and white and occasional punctures of color. His craving, his fear, his anxiety, his self-disgust, his desperation, his tender heart, his desire to be loved is all in here.
I am sincerely blown away. :thud:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

wpgrace wrote:Jeez, Honey... your artistry is just amazing.
I feel like I'm looking at new pictures, new scenes from the show, the way you use them, intermingle them, crop them, superimpose them... this video is a real "experience." A haunted, hunted kinda feeling to it... and it is SO Mick. His internal monologue has got to feel just like this. Even down to the black and white and occasional punctures of color. His craving, his fear, his anxiety, his self-disgust, his desperation, his tender heart, his desire to be loved is all in here.
I am sincerely blown away. :thud:
Ohhh, Grace, what a fantastic comment! I just love trying to make the scenes look new and different .... and it's so delightful to have that get noticed. I did sort of imagine this as an internal monologue for Mick; all of the lyrics seemed like they could have come from his heart.
Thank you SO much!! :heart:
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

Oh sweetie this was another amazing video from you. I just love the whole story you give us and the use of B&W with the colour inserts just are so perfect.

Truly inspirational :hug:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

SharonC wrote:Oh sweetie this was another amazing video from you. I just love the whole story you give us and the use of B&W with the colour inserts just are so perfect.

Truly inspirational :hug:
:hearts: Thanks so much Sharon! This song worked so nicely, it really told the story by itself. I'm so glad you liked the black/white with the bits of color; I never did anything quite like it before and wasn't sure what anyone would think of it!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I am really enjoying your video office. Lovely video!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Excellent choice pairing this song with Moonlight. It highlights both Mick and Beth's lives on different sides of a great divide and Mick's pain that this is so.

Great job.

Thank you!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

cassysj wrote:I am really enjoying your video office. Lovely video!
Thanks so much Carol! :hearts:
(And I am sure enjoying your trip through my video office. :laugh: It's so wonderful to see these old vids pop up again and get a bit of new life.)

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”