Courtesan

Disappear - a video for Josef

Post by Shadow »

Here's my first video for Josef!

on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXa45dgl1bQ

on Vimeo:
http://vimeo.com/13847244

Everyone else has probably always known this .... but while making this video, I noticed for the first time that there are panels from "Matasaburo of the Wind" all over the walls of Josef's office. The art's not just on the ceiling; it's everywhere. I love that painting, and can't imagine how I missed seeing the walls for so long!
Last edited by Shadow on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Disappear - a video for Josef

Post by allegrita »

Oh, Shadow...I love it! The song is really captivating. I love the lyrics... and as usual, your choice of scenes and subtle use of effects makes for a hauntingly beautiful video. I love the overlay of the picture on his face.... I'm glad that you're using it as a banner.

Isn't the use of that painting wonderful in Josef's office? I'm so sorry they got rid of it... although the story was great, and I suppose it was worth losing the wonderful office, in service of that wonderful episode.
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

Josef Kostan at his best and worst times, his loves lost and current. That was a superb video sweetie, the effects you used were perfect and it all flowed brilliantly.

I loved it, thank you so much for sharing your first entry into Josef's world with us :hug:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Just...beautiful.

Lucky
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

allegrita wrote:Oh, Shadow...I love it! The song is really captivating. I love the lyrics... and as usual, your choice of scenes and subtle use of effects makes for a hauntingly beautiful video. I love the overlay of the picture on his face.... I'm glad that you're using it as a banner.

Isn't the use of that painting wonderful in Josef's office? I'm so sorry they got rid of it... although the story was great, and I suppose it was worth losing the wonderful office, in service of that wonderful episode.
Thanks Allegrita ... I'm glad you liked that song; I wasn't too sure what anyone would think of it! It's kind of an offbeat choice for Josef, but the song really struck me as "his" when I heard it. I'm so pleased that you liked the overlay, too.

:sigh: The painting was just amazing. I really missed it when it was gone. It's so sad that we never got to see how Josef ended up re-decorating the office...
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

SharonC wrote:Josef Kostan at his best and worst times, his loves lost and current. That was a superb video sweetie, the effects you used were perfect and it all flowed brilliantly.

I loved it, thank you so much for sharing your first entry into Josef's world with us :hug:
Thanks so much Sharon! It was great fun spending a bit of time playing in Josef's world. I'm really glad you liked the way the vid turned out!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

librarian_7 wrote:Just...beautiful.

Lucky
Thanks Lucky! And it's so great you thought the music was a fit for Josef. :hearts:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Super, Shadow. I love this song and it's a great fit for Josef - the rhythm of the video builds beautifully and creates a wonderful portrait of the man and the vampire.

Re the painting, it's lovely to see it so prominent in the video - I don't know if you bought one of the prints when Alex Gross made them available but it looks so lovely hanging on my wall! A permanent reminder of all things Moonlight...

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

This is really wonderful and the song is a perfect fit. Vampires have to "disappear" constantly. I loved seeing so much of the painting and I love the clips you picked for Josef as well.
fairytoes
Rogue vampire

Post by fairytoes »

That's beautiful Shadow! :hearts:
Wonderful Banner by Redwinter
Gorgeous Avi by Lilly
Thank you!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

redwinter101 wrote:Super, Shadow. I love this song and it's a great fit for Josef - the rhythm of the video builds beautifully and creates a wonderful portrait of the man and the vampire.

Re the painting, it's lovely to see it so prominent in the video - I don't know if you bought one of the prints when Alex Gross made them available but it looks so lovely hanging on my wall! A permanent reminder of all things Moonlight...

Red
Thanks Red - I did especially enjoy trying to feature the painting in this video.

I discovered LIlly's thread about the painting only a short time ago and had just assumed the prints were long since sold out, but when I went to look at the web site today, they seemed to still be available. Hmm!

And- though it's not likely to be finished any time soon - I've gotten started on a certain new video .... ;)
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

cassysj wrote:This is really wonderful and the song is a perfect fit. Vampires have to "disappear" constantly. I loved seeing so much of the painting and I love the clips you picked for Josef as well.
Thanks so much! I'm really glad you liked this song for Josef, and the clips. I'd always wished that the camera would linger a bit longer on Josef's ceiling, for a proper look, so I tried to do that a bit in this video. :biggrin:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

fairytoes wrote:That's beautiful Shadow! :hearts:
Thank you, fairytoes!!
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

Awesome vid!!! I love it! You've got some terrific effects there. (Your banner is great, too btw).

:clapping: :hyper2: :thumbs:
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Shadow wrote:And- though it's not likely to be finished any time soon - I've gotten started on a certain new video .... ;)
:hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2:

(I'm a little bit excited... :giggle: )

Red :heart:

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”