Newborn

Shadow
Courtesan

Re: Newborn -- a video for Lilith's Moonlight story

Post by Shadow »

r1015bill wrote:I particularly liked the custom scenes with the 230208 highlighted. And I really liked the effect where you made the video images look like they were drawings. That really fit in well with Lilith's drawings!
I'm so happy that you noticed these in particular, r1015bill! I had those custom scenes with "230208" all finished ages ago -- remembering the scene where Josef finds the report of 230208's death in the file, I had made up a version of that report and put it in the video. Then (and you know how this goes!) while re-reading, I discovered something that I'd forgotten -- that Josef later on reads that report again and the exact wording is right there in the story! So I had to go back and redo the report to include the proper wording, and change all of those scenes at the last minute. ( :snicker: And that part of the document shows up for about half a second. I'd think "aw, no one will notice" except that Newborn readers notice everything . . .)

I'm really pleased you liked the "drawing" effects too. I had never before used drawings in a video and was wondering how to transition through them smoothly, and after experimenting with that effect it seemed like the best way.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

kath40 wrote::notworthy: OMG Amy you are freaking amazing! I have not read this story and now I SO Have TOO! If the story is even a 10th of what you have just put together I know I'm gonna love it too. Lilith just got the best trailer for her story ever!!!
Don't worry about spoilers for me I'm a spoiler woe anyway and it just makes me want more.

Thanks for the link to the story Amy I can't wait to start reading it.

And girlfriend you really need to think of doing this sort of a thing as a career choice someday...you are so Bloody Good At It!!!
:yahoo: Kath, you've totally made my day!!!! I had really hoped that this video might intrigue someone who didn't know the story enough that they'd want to go and read it. And oh, Kath, this story is SO amazing; I can't even express how much more/better it is than this video can show. Newborn is sixty wonderful chapters long, so I've got only got about one minute per ten chapters here . . . . I had to leave SO much out. ( :snicker: I remember when I started reading this story, I was really hesitant to begin, thinking how am I ever going to have time to read this? It's so long! But then after I was halfway through I was thinking, There are only sixty chapters? I want MORE! It's that kind of story.)
Cleo28
Fledgling

Post by Cleo28 »

Shadow wrote:
Cleo28 wrote:I was thinking of making a new one for my "Summary vids of Blood of the Lily" but it gets harder and harder to find the right scenes and to have the time making it. Now I´m also writing a fanfic, translating, real life ....
I hope you do make a new one for Blood of the Lily! In fact I think I can now watch all of your summary ones so far, can't I? Being as I'm on chapter 47 now . . .
And now I sure do know what you mean about it getting harder and harder to find the scenes. (Not to mention finding the time.) I was having a real hard time towards the end of this video finding any scenes left that would work for the story.
I understand you completely. No, for my summary ones there are no spoilers anymore. I think it is untill chapter 10 or so... I have to find the time making a new one...
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

jen wrote:Oh, WOW

That was fabulous! I read Newborn and loved it, of course. This video is such an amazing piece of production! By taking bits and pieces from Moonlight, some other clips and the lovely original sketches, you have given us a video that perfectly goes with the story.

The music is also a fabulous choice. Perfect, perfect fit!

Thank you!

Jenna
Thanks so much, Jenna. Lilith's drawings are so good, they fit quite seamlessly with the rest of the video and, I think, enhance it quite a lot. And I'm really glad you liked the way the music fit! I was kind of stunned the first time I listened to this song after reading the story. After hearing the song, I knew I was going to have to figure out some way to make a Newborn vid using it.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

lynnrxgal wrote:Love the story, love the video - 5 stars! And I would love to see Newborn and Blood of the Lily as a movie!
Thanks lynnrxgal! In my imagination they both look quite amazing as movies. If only!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

MoonlitRose wrote:Absolutely - Over the Moon for this video! :yahoo: Fantastic! :clapping:

I can't imagine the amount of time and effort that went into making the video of Lilith's Newborn! Let me just say a huge THANK YOU for every single second! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I'll add my agreement, :reading: ... Newborn and Blood of the Lily would make a blockbuster movie! :hyper:
It was a lot of work, but it was also so, so much fun to make this video. And I learned a lot of new techniques as I went along too, so that's another plus. But mostly it's just so great that you've enjoyed it! Thanks ever so much for the comment, MoonlitRose.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

MoonMarg wrote:Wow - Shadow that was absolutely awesome. It fit Newborn perfectly. The way you added Frank, Gabriel etc into the clip was amazing.
Thanks, MoonMarg . . . once Lilith put up her listing of the "dream cast" for the two stories, I was determined to try to get Frank and Gabriel into the video. They're just such important characters in the story. (I wanted to put Seth and Monster in too, but couldn't quite manage that much. ;) )
MoonMarg wrote:Surely somewhere on this board someon must be related to Bill Gates, Warren Buffett??
:snicker: Wouldn't that be great!
selene.sbp
Kostan Industries intern

Post by selene.sbp »

OMG!! I loved this video!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: Great job!!! :clapping: :clapping: You made me dream with more ML :cloud9:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

selene.sbp wrote:OMG!! I loved this video!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: Great job!!! :clapping: :clapping: You made me dream with more ML :cloud9:
Thanks so much! I'm so glad this video could give you such dreams . . . :flowers:
kath40
Cleaner

Re: Newborn

Post by kath40 »

Amy darlin I'm so into this story now!!! Your Video so peaked my interest and NOW I"M HOOKED! I've zipped through 12 chapters already and can't get enough...Lilith is a great story teller....off I go to read more :reading:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

kath40 wrote:Amy darlin I'm so into this story now!!! Your Video so peaked my interest and NOW I"M HOOKED! I've zipped through 12 chapters already and can't get enough...Lilith is a great story teller....off I go to read more :reading:
:yahoo: Kath, you know how thrilled I am to have gotten you started on this story! I just love that this vid could intrigue you enough to try it. And wow, 12 chapters along now!! (At least as of noon today, that is! Sounds like you might be quite a bit farther along now. :biggrin: )

That's such a great compliment to my video, Kath -- and it's SO great to get your updates on this.
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Well, I thought I'd give Newborn a bump...not only because it is an extraordinary piece of art, but also....because this video of Shadow ..showed me the way here, to moonlightaholics.com, and it is the one that I will forever love the most :heart:
Last edited by maggatha3 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

maggatha3 wrote:Well, I thought I'd give Newborn a bump...not only because it is an extraordinary piece of art, but also....because this video of Shadow ..showed me the way here, to moonlightaholics.com, and it is the one that I will forever love the most :heart:
Maggatha, I had hoped when I made this video that it might introduce a new reader to the Newborn story . . . but it had not even occurred to me that it also might introduce someone to our wonderful Moonlightaholic world! I'm SO very happy that this video is what led you here. :hearts: :hearts:

Thank you, little fledgling . . . :rose:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Well, Shadow, I hope by now, it has occured to you how many people would be under the spell of your wonderful 'Newborn' video and brought into the moonlightaholic world, as well as into Lilith's absolutely captivating story!!!

And since this is my 1000 post, I thought of commenting to the one and only video that led me here and so , I 'd best celebrate my new rank first with you, my Sire :rose: , just as I am joining you!! Going rogue!!!!!!!!!!

-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Ohh, that is so beautiful that you would put your 1000th post right here, little fledgling! You have made me quite proud of this video . . . :cloud9: I am sooo glad that it has brought others into this world.

And I can't believe it . . . . my little fledgling has gone ROGUE!!!! Already! That is so wonderful! I'm sure you are already going wild at the rogue parties . . . . :winky: :devil: :winky: :devil: :winky: You are a rogue now, so be sure not to behave!

And what an absolutely gorgeous clip you have put up here! Wow. What is it about Moonlight scenes in black and white, anyway . . . . so beautiful. :happysigh:

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”