Mad World

Shadow
Courtesan

Mad World

Post by Shadow »

A new Moonlight video . . . thanks to my niece, who knew the name of this melancholy and lovely song.

on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLt7zXy5dEE

on Vimeo:
http://vimeo.com/23194677
Last edited by Shadow on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
maggatha3
Ancient

Re: Mad World

Post by maggatha3 »

Oh, Shadow, I have been expecting this vid ever since you mentioned it. And, if this is the outcome every time you get sick, then I might be tempted to wish you 'd get sick more often.... :snicker: It is amazing , this gift you have and share with us, but you also devote so much time and effort!

That piano tune has been following me all day, and the lyrics mirrored Mick's heart and soul so perfectly...Amazing how ''no tomorrow'' could fit a vampire's thoughts. Also, '' the dreams in which I am dying are the best I 've ever had'' could be the essence of his immortal life.

And how you fitted everything to the lyrics...''tears filling up their glasses..''...''going nowhere'', so many others...I'd better stop and watch it once again, all those wonderful Moonlight scenes put together to form your story. I just love being reminded by you why I adore ''Moonlight''

Once again, My Sire.... :thud:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
eris
Sire

Post by eris »

One of my absolutely favorite songs. Nicely done. :thumbs:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Oh, Shadow --Beautifully done! :heart: I never seem to have enough superlatives to describe your videos. Anyone can pick a song and put a few scenes to it, but very few can tell a story the way you do. :notworthy: Thank you.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

:thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud:

:sadface: :bmoon: :hankie:

(no words)

Red :rose:

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Shadow, you just... blow me away. :notworthy: Perfect song, heartbreakingly beautiful edits. Masterful use of effects like slow motion, color enhancement, and that "painting" dissolve. I could say more about the technical stuff, but the thing about your videos is that the "stuff" is just a vehicle for you to tell your stories. And this story is full of sweetness and sadness, memories and regrets. And a little bit of hope.

Your vids usually bring me to tears, and this one did it too. I felt such an ache in my heart as I watched it... not just for Mick, but for the people he has watched change, and age, and die while he remained essentially ageless. I cry for their loss of Mick just as much as I cry for his loss of them. And I cry for his yearning to be just like them. :Mickangel: Such deep emotion you evoke, dear beautiful Shadow. :hankie: :heart:

ETA: Just watched it again, and I wanted to mention how beautifully you caught the cycles of Mick's life. Cycles of love and loss, cycles of life and death, temporary mortality and undeath. The recurring themes of sacrifice and rescue. There are so many things to love in this video.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Shadow, I cannot say enough good things about this video. It has instantly become a favourite. There are few vids I watch that really grab me emotionally but this one did (I'm sure it's all of your vids I have that reaction with). ;) This vid actually brought tears to my eyes. It's amazing. :notworthy:

I have such a connection to this song. I remember this Gary Jules single being released and when it went to No 1 in the UK. I bouoght the CD and play it frequently. The words have always spoken to me and I just adore it and the melancholy of the song is just perfect. You have matched the scenes beautifully and it flows so amazingly well from one scene to the next. Your edit skills are, as always, expert. :twothumbs:

I cannot wait for the download link for this one. :hearts:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

Wow Amy you've done it to me again...I'm speechless. I'm sitting here with goosebumps. You are so masterful with your editing and effects that you capture the Moonlight Magic with every video you produce. :notworthy:
Telling a story is what sets your videos apart from the others who just slap a few pics to a piece of music and call it done.
You actually take the time to put a story together with images we've seen over and over again, but somehow you always manage to make them feel completely new again. Thank You :smooch: :hearts:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Just stopping in for another watch...

Red :flowers:

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
moonlightlover60
Fledgling

Post by moonlightlover60 »

I watched this the first time from over at MF and have since watched it twice more, each time loving it all the more. Shadow you just amaze me with the excellent work you do on these videos. Like I said what a perfect song for Mick and watching him in the scenes and listening to the words of the song just grabs at you heart strings. :hankie: I can't wait for the download link so I can save this one too with all the other awesome vids you have done. Thanks again. :thanks2:
LadyAilith
Fledgling

Post by LadyAilith »

So beautifully, magically done. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome talents! And I'm really looking forward to the download link!!
LadyAilith :rose:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

I am in awe of your talent.......
the song was heartbreaking and the images where so fitting.
Thank you for sharing.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

maggatha3 wrote:Oh, Shadow, I have been expecting this vid ever since you mentioned it. And, if this is the outcome every time you get sick, then I might be tempted to wish you 'd get sick more often.... :snicker: It is amazing , this gift you have and share with us, but you also devote so much time and effort!

That piano tune has been following me all day, and the lyrics mirrored Mick's heart and soul so perfectly...Amazing how ''no tomorrow'' could fit a vampire's thoughts. Also, '' the dreams in which I am dying are the best I 've ever had'' could be the essence of his immortal life.

And how you fitted everything to the lyrics...''tears filling up their glasses..''...''going nowhere'', so many others...I'd better stop and watch it once again, all those wonderful Moonlight scenes put together to form your story. I just love being reminded by you why I adore ''Moonlight''
Hmm, I am not sure I really want to get sick more often :snicker: . . . perhaps I can just strive to work more on videos at other times? I'm glad I could get to you with this song, maggatha . . . it took a while to work it all out, but so many of the lyrics did seem to fit our vampire's thoughts. The "dreams in which I'm dying" line you mentioned is the one that really made me want to use this song for Mick. I'm so delighted that you liked this one so well, little fledgling! :cloud9:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

eris wrote:One of my absolutely favorite songs. Nicely done. :thumbs:
Thanks so much, eris. This has become one of my top favorite songs too. :happysigh:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Lilly wrote:Oh, Shadow --Beautifully done! :heart: I never seem to have enough superlatives to describe your videos. Anyone can pick a song and put a few scenes to it, but very few can tell a story the way you do. :notworthy: Thank you.
Lilly, that is such an awesome compliment! I always want my videos to tell a story, and it's wonderful to know that they really come across that way.

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”