Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 6: B.C. Part II

GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 6: B.C. Part II

Post by GuardianAngel »

Beth is off to make her apologies. She shows up at Josh's office. He's surprised to see her. She's looking repentant.

He asks if she's had a rough night (what a stupid thing to ask! How are "where the hell were you?")

She answers 'you could say that'. (Umm, nope. Not nearly rough enough.) He's glad she's there. She begins to apologies for being insensitibe about his case. He apologize's for trying to order her off her story.

She assures him that the fact that she was at the club was just work. (It's always work). She shouldn't have embarrassed him. He shouldn't have made such a big deal out of it. (Awwww. *sticking finger down throat*)

The case is driving him crazy. The drugs came up with nothing - there's nothing illegal about it. But he did get the name of the manufacturer. Lola. (Uh Oh)

There's a tap at the door. It's Carl to tell Josh that the guy is ready and wired. The factory is at 5th and Alameda (Sp.?) Of course Beth takes a mental note.

Beth tells Josh she needs to scaddadle and plants a lukewarm kiss on his puss.

The second she's out the door she dials up Mick to give him the 411. (We see where her loyalties lie)

The wired doorman is lead out and passes Beth. He is eerie as hell. Is his look because he recognizes her from the club? Or is he a vamp and hears her conversation? Never could tell. Beth smiles as he passes and then throws him a worried look.

Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Re: B.C. (Episode Six) Part II

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

hmmm.... that's interesting GA... I never considered that he might be a vamp. I just thought he was a toadying human.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

He certainly was creepy. I didn't quite get what the exchange was about either.

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

I just always thought they recognised each other from the club and he was wondering what she was doing at the DA's office :?
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

You know, I did too coco. Until I watched it several more times. That look he gives Beth isn't a "Oh, I know you" kind of look. It would make more sense if he could hear her conversation. I guess we'll never know.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Whew!!! You all have had quite the conversation this afternoon! I just LOVE you guys!!!!

Let me just say, regarding the whole love triangle issue... I once broke up with a guy on Valentines' Day... so I'm an ass and the last person who should criticize someone else... But shall that stop me????

I don't think Beth dumped Josh this early cause she hadn't FULLY confronted her feelings for Mick yet... yeah she tried to kiss him in AD but then he gave her an out clause about it being an accident... and until the BC, she hadn't tried to get f...turned... by him. So I don't blame her for not dumping Josh yet... and I still contend she really had nothing (that he knew of) to apologize to Josh for. She went in pursuit of a story with Mick because Josh didn't want her in pursuit of the story. Mick supported her reporting... Josh didn't this time around. Josh screwed up. I think Josh owed HER the apology. Regarding the BC story.

Now, she owed HIM one for kissing Mick and asking Mick to f... turn her... but Josh doesn't know that. So for now she's off the hook for that particular apology (except with Bob... he keeps these things in his little black book, or so my Sunday School teacher told me). Also the only reason she hasn't slept with Mick yet is....he wouldn't do it. So Beth gets no credit for not sleeping with Mick. She tried. He just said no. Tho he took a peak while buttoning up his shirt around her boobs.

I do think she owes Mick an apology. Yeah she really meant the seduction, but she put him in a hard position, probably literally but also figuratively. So to me, Josh owes Beth an apology and Beth owes Mick one. And I don't think it's fair to bring up Mick's past and say he did bad things. For all we know, Beth smothered her grandmother and Josh killed a puppy. We know Mick has a dark past cause he confessed it... Beth hasn't opened up about hers and Mr. Squeaky Clean may have had SOMETHING interesting about himself at some point... we hope for his sake.

Now later, I will get mad at Beth... I'm not yet... except she owes Mick an apology. I don't blame her for the seduction cause, well sh!t, who wouldn't do that? I'd do it... and I'm married. Seriously, show of hands for those who wouldn't try to seduce Mick if they actually thought they had better than a snowball's chance in hell...

And btw... I always thought bouncer dude was a vamp and he knew she was calling Mick cause he had vamp hearing... but I'm not strong on that...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

I find it so interesting that so many of us have different takes on the same scene. Makes for a wonderful discussion :thumbs:

The one thing I think we all agree on though is that while some of us are not mad at Beth yet.... in later episodes we will be :D (yes I did just say that :snicker: )

Grace it's lovely to have you join the discussion :mrgreen:

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

The doorman dude (too tiny to be a bouncer!) is currently on Lost. Just a bit of useless info.

And see, both Beth and Josh did apologize to one another--and he needed to just as much as she did. I hate when he tells her to not follow a case---it's her job.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I hated Josh telling her not to follow the case - BUT I thought it rang true. I could absolutely see someone in his position trying to exert some control over the situation. Of course it was never going to work - and he shouldn't even have tried - but I understand it.

I hated this Beth/Josh scene, I'm afraid. I'm with GA on the sticking my fingers down my throat scenario. This, more than anything, tells me that Josh and Beth are already over. She's gone from the seductive morning after chick (with Mick) to some kind of weird Pollyanna here. I watched this thinking, "Who are you kidding, woman?" At this point, I think the answer is herself, and Josh. See that writing on the wall? It says "Josh, honey, you're toast."

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

I agree with both Grace and Red. Beth hasn't fully confronted her feelings yet and thought about all the implications of those. That she still has some feelings for Josh at this point and wants to smooth things over is totally believable and let's face it, Josh is Mr Bird in the Hand and Mick is Mr Two Birds Waaay Back in the Bush Baby. Sometimes partnership choices do come down to pragmatics. If someone you're crazy about is not going to meet your needs you have to make a pragmatic decision at some point.

Re: creepy door guy.... I had another look at GA's screencap and to me the look he gives her is one of recognition ... and I don't mean just from at the club. I think he's a human and the look of recognition he gives her is a "you're one of us" looks ... you're a human who knows about vamps, and colludes with vamps. I think his look is one of "I know your dirty secret" or "we share a secret." Its a slimy wrong sort of look.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
lunalux
Fledgling

Post by lunalux »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:I agree with both Grace and Red. Beth hasn't fully confronted her feelings yet and thought about all the implications of those. That she still has some feelings for Josh at this point and wants to smooth things over is totally believable and let's face it, Josh is Mr Bird in the Hand and Mick is Mr Two Birds Waaay Back in the Bush Baby. Sometimes partnership choices do come down to pragmatics. If someone you're crazy about is not going to meet your needs you have to make a pragmatic decision at some point.

Re: creepy door guy.... I had another look at GA's screencap and to me the look he gives her is one of recognition ... and I don't mean just from at the club. I think he's a human and the look of recognition he gives her is a "you're one of us" looks ... you're a human who knows about vamps, and colludes with vamps. I think his look is one of "I know your dirty secret" or "we share a secret." Its a slimy wrong sort of look.
335 posts into the episode discussion and now I show up -- so I offer my apologies in advance and ask for your indulgence as I jump in here. I'm with Luxe on the guy. I never thought about it until now...of course he had to know that Lola was a vamp, and I always thought it was a creepy smug look but couldn't figure out why. Of course, it was because he knew that Beth knew...thanks Luxe!

On the Josh/Beth/Mick triangle -- I think sometimes that people give Beth too much credit in terms of her ability to figure things out and do what's right. Generally speaking, we seem to be far more forgiving of Mick and Josef for their moral failings than of Beth. I agree with Grace and Red that as of Episode 6, we weren't that far down the road on this issue. And I've always seen Beth as someone who is emotionally shut down as a result of her childhood abduction. How else could she compartmentalize the trauma? She always struck me as a person who acts in the relationship the way she thinks people should act, not the way she feels or what comes naturally to her. As a result, I've always questioned the depth of Beth/Josh's relationship. As Marissa (an obvious paragon of emotional depth) said "only sleepovers after a year?" If anything, it seemed "polite" for lack of a better word, not some grand passion, and up until she met Mick, it seemed to work for both of them. IMO, the desert was the death knell for Josh and Beth, although never really having experienced anything like it before (over and above the vampire aspect of it-Mick's almost death), Beth wasn't quite sure of what to do with it. Up until desert, as Mick says at the beginning of Fever "whenever I see it's Beth calling, I always pick up" -- so his obvious withdrawal had to play havoc with the willfulness of Beth's personality -- she obviously is used to doing/getting what she wants, and it had to make Mick even more intriguing.

Sure, she shows up at Mick's loft hopped up on BC, and I think Guardian Angel said she wasn't in her right mind, and I would agree -- rather than expressing her feelings I think whatever inhibitions she may have had were momentarily gone, and it just seemed to me to be an extension of her testing Mick which started on the parking deck. I think she may had started to have feelings for Mick, but I think it was far more impetuous, to see what kind of response she would get from him. One thing that struck me was the morning after...which I think spoke volumes about Beth. She wasn't embarrassed, or remorseful, one more indication of her emotional disconnect. If anything, she should have been totally mortified.

I also like how she left the dress hanging there in the living room while she went up the stairs....Turn me, part 2?...I'm kidding...an obvious goof...but....
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

My God, luna--you said it all so unbelievably well. I find it fascinating how we all take our own views, morals, personal history and experiences in how we view Beth and her actions. Beth really is us to a certain extent--informing our opinions on if we agree with her actions or not.

I have always felt that her abduction as a child really shaped her capacity to deal with things later in life. How could it not? And what I ultimately love, is that she is soooooo definitely human--flaws and all.
lunalux
Fledgling

Post by lunalux »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:My God, luna--you said it all so unbelievably well. I find it fascinating how we all take our own views, morals, personal history and experiences in how we view Beth and her actions. Beth really is us to a certain extent--informing our opinions on if we agree with her actions or not.

I have always felt that her abduction as a child really shaped her capacity to deal with things later in life. How could it not? And what I ultimately love, is that she is soooooo definitely human--flaws and all.
Thanks FdL and I am totally with you - love her - flaws and all.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:My God, luna--you said it all so unbelievably well. I find it fascinating how we all take our own views, morals, personal history and experiences in how we view Beth and her actions. Beth really is us to a certain extent--informing our opinions on if we agree with her actions or not.

*nodding head furiously in agreement*

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

I am shocked, shocked that you agree, coco!! :giggle:

Return to “Episode Discussion”