One Hundred Grand (or, Josef Probably Kills Every Day) PG

A place for NocturneInCMoll's G to PG-13 stories.
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Re: One Hundred Grand (or, Josef Probably Kills Every Day) PG

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

I absolutely loved this!! Bravo!!!!! :clapping:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
AussieJo
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by AussieJo »

Julie, Julie, Julie!
What a wicked sense of humour you have! :snicker:
I loved it, loved it, loved it. :hug:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Tho *pouts* Red already picked out my favorite line...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by NocturneInCMoll »

Nutmegger911--Thanks! Although I think the majority of the bodies will be scattered all over. Josef hasn't had access to Le Brea all his life...;)

Catmoon--Thank you! Glad you enjoyed. I think you may be right about the 60s & 70s... And JM did have fun with this one! :snicker:

Woll--Thank you very much! :)

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie--Why, thank you. ;) Glad you liked!

Grace--Haha, thanks. Sorry Red stole your line. :(
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

I adore this story!!! Very creative and funny!!! Josef toying with Mick was a real riot!!!! This story is simply mahvelous... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :coffee: :coffee: :rolling: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :biggrin: :whistle: :angel: :jester: :evillaugh: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :worship: :hearts: :heart: :flowers:

mitzie :mooncat:
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Tee hee, thanks so much, Mitz! Glad you enjoyed. I've missed your emoticon symphonies. ;)
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This is hilarious!

True Talbot was anoying, but he didn't deserve to die. Or be dyed blonde. I just can't see Talbot as a blond. ... Bah...Josef was just jerking Mick's chain. I'll bet Talbot is in his office, his hair still dark but touched with grey.

Fabulous enty in the Champaign Challenge!!!!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Last edited by jen on Thu May 06, 2010 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Haha, thanks, Jen! Glad you enjoyed! :thumbs:

Well, in this little scenario, Talbot was more than being annoying. When Josef said Talbot was "snooping around a little too much," he was making light of it, but he meant it--he actually considered Talbot a threat, and that's why he took him out. He just decided he may as well play a prank on Mick while he did it.

I actually couldn't remember if Talbot had blond hair or not. At first I thought he did for some reason, but because I wasn't sure, I had to go hunt down some screen shots--and found he wasn't. That almost ruined my plan for Josef saying 'a certain blond'--since I couldn't think of any other blonds in the Moonlight world other than Lola--until I came up with the hair dye idea.
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

This was very funny -- in a sick kind of way!

This literally made me laugh out loud:

NocturneInCMoll wrote: “Well,” Josef said as he set two wine glasses in front of him on the desk and filled each halfway with '76 Penfolds Grand Hermitage, “if dead people were money, I think I finally made one hundred grand.”

Mick froze as he took the proffered glass. “I beg your pardon?”

“I think I just killed my 100,000th person.”

“Your one hundred thousandth person,” Mick repeated slowly, “…you think.”

“Yeah—well, I can’t be sure. I wasn’t officially keeping count, and my memory’s a little hazy, especially for the first hundred years or so—oh, and I blocked out the entire Victorian era, for obvious reasons. Oh, and I can’t remember most of the 60s and 70s—again, for obvious reasons.” He pursed his lips and tapped a finger lazily on some papers as he looked off to the side, seemingly lost in some sort of recollection. Then he shook himself out of it. “But anyway, according to my estimations, it should be about 100,000 now.”
I was thinking, "wait a minute--he's talking about people?!?!" Gotta love the vampire math. And then:
NocturneInCMoll wrote:“…You dyed a man’s hair before you murdered him, just to play a terrible practical joke on me?” Though Mick began slowly, his voice grew progressively louder.
Josef goes out of his way to rattle Mick's cage, doesn't he?
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
Kara
Fledgling

Post by Kara »

Ah. :teeth: :hyper2: That Josef is too funny. But what record is Mick going for?

This was highly entertaining. Loved it. Thank you. :rose:
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Moonlighter--So I'm funny in a sick way, eh? Why, thank you! :biggrin: Glad I could make you laugh out loud with Josef's big reveal, the vampire math, and his provoking of Mick. :thumbs:

Kara--Thanks so much. Glad you were entertained by Josef and his antics! :twothumbs: As for Mick's record, I kind of had a Homer and Bart Simpson thing in mind (I'm sure someone somewhere is keeping count of how many times Homer has managed to strangle his son without killing him). :teeth:
Kara
Fledgling

Post by Kara »

Kara--Thanks so much. Glad you were entertained by Josef and his antics! :twothumbs: As for Mick's record, I kind of had a Homer and Bart Simpson thing in mind (I'm sure someone somewhere is keeping count of how many times Homer has managed to strangle his son without killing him). :teeth:

Hubs is a Homer fan. I never watched it so I asked him about it. And he asked why I asked and I couldn't explain, hehe. Thanks.
Last edited by Kara on Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

OMG! This is HILARIOUS!!! J is so completely in character, and perfectly snarky. I LOVED it!
Jen

Mick's Synful One
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Kara--Let me know if your husband didn't explain the Homer-Bart thing adequately, and I'll give it a shot. ;)

Jenstc--Thank you so much! Glad you found Josef in character and funny! That's the way I hoped it would be... :thumbs:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: One Hundred Grand (or, Josef Probably Kills Every Day) P

Post by cassysj »

Just visiting old challenges. A hundred thousand people is quite a lot even for 384 years. :snicker:

Return to “NocturneInCMoll's Office”