due MOONLIGHT [ep. 2] PG13

A place for NocturneInCMoll's G to PG-13 stories.
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

due MOONLIGHT [ep. 2] PG13

Post by NocturneInCMoll »

Author’s note: Here it is, at long last...the second and final "episode" of due MOONLIGHT. This has not been beta'd (please tell me if you find any errors of any kind), and I probably rushed in a couple of places, just as in part 1...but...at least it's finished! It's probably also the only thing I'll have time to post before Christmas, so... Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

Disclaimer: I have shamelessly pillaged several characters and some of my favourite lines of dialogue (directly quoted or adapted) from the long-ago cancelled (by CBS) television show, Due South—about an upright Canadian Mountie (Benton Fraser, played by Paul Gross) and his deaf half-wolf, Diefenbaker, who—long story short—team up with a snarky Chicago detective (Ray Vecchio, played by David Marciano) to solve crimes and help people. Fraser’s father (played by Gordon Pinsent), also showed up from time to time in order to dispense sometimes useful and sometimes utterly ridiculous advice… The usual Moonlight disclaimers also apply.

due MOONLIGHT (or, "These cops came out of nowhere!")

Episode Two

Previously on due MOONLIGHT

Lee Jay writhed under the iron grip. “Oh my god…what are you?”
Mick reared his head back.
Ray skidded, panting, to a stop beside Fraser. Diefenbaker was standing a few feet ahead, hackles raised, growling at a dark-haired man who had another man pushed up against a car and was hovering over him.
He followed Fraser’s gaze to the dark-haired man who had just raised his head from the other man’s neck. There was blood dribbling down the man’s chin. “Whoa, whoa, whoa—what the hell is going on here?” Ray yelled.
“Ray, I believe this man is a vampire.”
Mick creased his brow at Fraser, “—Are you a doorman for that new hotel down on the waterfront?”
Fraser tilted his head. “Ah—no; a common misconception. Constable Benton Fraser, Royal Canadian Mounted Police.”
“Oh—a Canadian cop? What are you doing in L.A.?”
“That’s an excellent question,” Ray cut in. “Detective Ray Vecchio, Chicago PD,” he identified himself. “And five minutes ago, we were in Chicago. And it was 1995—which suddenly doesn’t seem so weird now that I’m face-to-face with a vampire,” he muttered.
“My father. His ghost is right over there,” Fraser pointed to where his father was standing.
“So that explains the whispers I keep hearing but can’t quite make out. There’s also some kind of disturbance in the air, there.” Mick nodded toward the spot Fraser had indicated.
“Maybe, we were sent here to stop you. Maybe you killing Lee Jay right now would irrevocably alter the course of your life.”
“Ray makes an excellent argument,” Fraser tilted his head. Diefenbaker barked in agreement.
Mick stared at them for a moment. “I can’t believe I’m listening to two strange cops and a wolf.”
Mick watched the taillights disappear, then turned back to Ray and Fraser. “You better hope you’re right,” he shook a finger at them. “You just let a killer go free with a warning.”
“Well, it was a stern warning—you have to admit that at least,” Ray said.

The three men stood there awkwardly for a moment. “So…what are you guys going to do now?” Mick finally said.

“Well…we don’t really have the slightest idea. Can you perhaps recommend some sort of inexpensive accommodation which doesn’t require valid identification?”

“Or, even better, can you tell us how to get back to Chicago in our decade?” Ray cut in.

Mick sighed and thought for a moment. “Well, you obviously didn’t bring a vehicle with you when you materialized from Chicago, so come take a ride with me. A friend of mine—yes, also a vampire—is much older than me. If anyone around here will know anything about anything like this, it’ll be him—and I think he’d love Fraser’s wolf story.”

“Yeah, I bet he’ll just lap it right up,” Ray scowled.

“Ray, I’m aware that old people make you nervous, but, you know, the aged are just like people, too, only…they’re older.” Fraser ignored Ray’s sputtering and said to Mick, “Just lead the way, Mr. St. John, and we’ll follow.”

“Okay—and call me Mick. I’m parked just on the other side of that overpass.”

“Ah,” Fraser smiled and turned to follow. Diefenbaker trailed alongside him.

Ray grabbed Fraser’s sleeve and stopped him mid-stride. “Benny!” he hissed. “Didn’t your mother ever tell you not to ride in cars with strangers? Especially strange vampires?”

“Well, perhaps she would have; but she died when I was six, and at the time, we lived in a small northern village where there were hardly any strangers…or vampires, for that matter.” He frowned suddenly. “—Well, at least, not that I know of.”

“What about your father? Are you telling me that the man who told you to pin your wallet to your underwear didn’t tell you not to ride in cars with strangers?!”

Fraser shrugged uncertainly.

Mick stopped a few strides ahead and turned around. “Look, I’m not planning to kill you, so just relax. And another suggestion—when you meet him, don’t refer to Josef as ‘old’ or ‘aged.’ He may be over 400, but he looks younger than you.”

400?!” Ray cried. “Oh, man, that’s old!”

They were midway over the overpass when a sudden gust of warm wind snatched Fraser’s hat off his head and blew it down to the muddy ground underneath the structure.

“My hat!” Fraser cried, clutching the top of his head. He grabbed the railing and peered over it at the hat down below. “I don’t see a way to get down—Ray, I’ll have to go home and get my other one.”

“Fraser, I would love to go home to Chicago, but do you have any idea how we can do that? —No? Didn’t think so. And we can’t go to Chicago here, because you weren’t in Chicago at this time, and therefore neither would be your other hat.”

“Well, I could go home home and get my other hat.”

“What, you mean Canada? You want to go to Canada now?! It’s 1983, Fraser! Yeah, the forty dollars I have in my wallet will go further here than in 1995, but it’s still not enough to get us to the Yukon!”

“Ah,” Fraser tapped the side of his head, “but we have legs, Ray, and they don’t cost a thing.”

“Now you want to walk to Canada? I cannot believe I’m even discussing this with you! There is no way we are walking all the way to the Yukon from Los Angeles just to get a hat!”

“Oh—you’re right, Ray. The dates on our identification would be immediately suspicious to the customs officers—they’d stop us at the border.”

“Aghh!” Ray whirled around in frustration and raked his fingers through his hair. “—Besides, Benny, in 1983 you were still in Canada—what if you bumped into yourself?”

“Oh! Oh, dear. I didn’t even consider that—that could indeed be catastrophic. Although, I’m sure I could reason with my other self—”

Mick coughed suddenly beside them. “Uh, hey, while you guys were…talking, I jumped down and retrieved the hat.” He held out Fraser’s Stetson.

“Oh! Thank you kindly, Mick.” Fraser smiled appreciatively and replaced the hat on his head.

“Geez, Benny, he’s like you—only with actual superpowers!”

Mick cleared his throat. “Uh, I prefer to call them ‘special abilities.’” He turned and started walking again.

Ray stared after him. “What’s wrong with having superpowers? I would love to have superpowers!”

“How about special abilities, Ray?”

“Oh, what, you don’t think I have any special abilities, Fraser? What about my talent for recognizing noses?”

“That’s definitely a ‘special’ ability, Ray.”

“Oh, yeah, and what about you, Benny? You pick things up off the ground and you put them in your mouth!” Ray jabbed the air for emphasis.

“For the purposes of collecting and analyzing evidence, Ray.”

Mick stopped ahead and called over his shoulder, “Hey, are you guys coming, or what?”

Fraser and Ray exchanged glances and started jogging.

“Are you guys always like this?” Mick asked when they caught up.

“Like what?”

Mick hesitated a moment. “Never mind.”

Fraser and Ray shrugged and followed Mick down the other side of the overpass.

Mick stopped in front of a bottle green convertible. “Well, this is my car.”

“Wow, and what a car!” Ray ran his hand across the trunk. “Fraser, this is a 1965 Mercedes 250SE Cabriolet!” he said excitedly and turned to Mick. “—Is this really yours?”

Mick nodded. “Yeah. I’ve had it for almost two decades now; bought it new.”

Ray shook his head in admiration. “Back in Chicago, I have a mint green 1971 Buick Riviera.”

Mick flared his nostrils and nodded appreciatively. “Nice car! Great lines—love that boat tail.”

“It’s a thing of beauty, ain’t it? Believe it or not, I’m on my third Riv—speaking of which, maybe I’d better sit shotgun. If Fraser sits up front, he might open the glovebox and read the manual, and use that information at a later date to force you to shoot your own gas tank in order to blow up your car to save your lives from a bunch of Canadian mobsters.” He shot a look back at Fraser.

Mick looked at Fraser, who shrugged. “I will concede to that, but I had nothing to do with the second one being blown up; that was all Ray.” When Ray turned to glare at him again, Fraser raised his hands defensively. “What! That bomb was intended for you!”

“Yeah, whatever,” Ray sulked.

“Look, I don’t know if new cars are your thing, but Josef has a Ferrari 430 Spider convertible. Now, driving it would be out of the question, but maybe I can convince him to let you take a peek at it.”

“Is it red?” Ray asked as he climbed into the passenger seat.

“Yeah.”

“Maybe Benny’ll like it—it goes with his uniform,” Ray turned and smiled smugly at Fraser in the back.

“What kind of car do you drive, Fraser?” Mick looked at him in the rearview mirror.

Fraser cleared his throat awkwardly. “Uh, well, I, I’m afraid I—”

Ray cut him off. “He has a dog sled back in the Territories. While we’re in Chicago, I’m his personal chauffeur and ATM.”

“Oh. A dog sled...that’s...interesting.”

“Pfft—Yanks...they just don’t get it,” Fraser Sr. appeared and scoffed from beside Fraser. “Dogs are the only things that run in certain kinds of weather.”

Fraser ignored his father and stared out the window for the duration of the ride.

Ray whistled low as they turned up the long drive to a modern, well-lit mansion. “Wow…I expected him to live in some sort of dark castle with all these secret passages and dungeons.”

Mick shot him an amused look. “Oh, you don’t get to be 400 without developing a little paranoia…Josef has every security feature known to man, and a maybe a few that aren’t. Secret passages may be included…but I probably shouldn’t confirm that.”

“I see,” Ray said, wide-eyed.

Fraser finally looked to the seat beside him as they parked. “Dad?” he whispered. There was no answer. Fraser sighed in relief. “Good.”

Mick ushered them quickly through a side door and up to a room on the second floor. He opened the door without knocking and let them into a room lined with bookcases. A young man with dark eyes sat behind a desk in front of a large picture window overlooking downtown Los Angeles.

The young man behind the desk looked from the man in the odd red uniform and hat, to the wolf, to the man in the strange suit, and back to the wolf again.

“Mick, when you offered to bring dinner, this isn’t exactly what I had in mind.”

Mick shrugged apologetically. “Josef Kostan, this is Constable Benton Fraser, and this is Detective Ray Vecchio.”

Diefenbaker made a noise.

Mick glanced down at the wolf. “Uh, right. And…Diefenbaker, was it?”

“I…see. A pleasure to meet you…all,” Josef made sure to include the wolf in his acknowledgement. The wolf’s tail wagged happily. “So, whadja do, Mick—steal some…maple syrup…from the…zoo?”

“I was about to kill Lee Jay Spalding when they came out of nowhere and surprised me.”

“And?”

“And now they need your help.”

Josef looked pointedly at his friend. “Oh, they heard about how I moonlight as a tour guide at the Le Brea tar pits and need my help finding their way around?”

“No,” Mick coughed, “not that kind of help, Josef. They’re good guys—Apparently, they are from Chicago.”

Josef made a triangle with his hands and swivelled slightly back and forth in his chair. “A little out of your jurisdiction, are you not?” he finally addressed Ray and Fraser.

“Well, yes, and of course I only have the authority to act on crimes pertaining to Canada,” Fraser spoke up. “And to my knowledge, neither Mick nor Lee Jay Spalding are Canadian, nor do they have any connections to Canada.”

Josef’s eyes slid over to Ray. “So you apprehended Mick?” he pointed at him.

“Uh, yes, sir, I mean, no, sir, I mean, that was my plan, but Fraser here convinced me it might not be in our best interest. You see, up in the north, there are wolves, and caribou, and Inuit, and—Fraser, tell him the wolf story!”

Josef held up a hand. “Wait a minute—I’m not ready for wolves just yet.” He glanced at Diefenbaker again. “Although I’m admittedly curious.”

“Oh, well the story isn’t about Diefenbaker, specifically—although I do have plenty of stories about him. You see, three years ago, I fell into Prince Rupert Sound, and—”

Josef made a sharp hand movement and Fraser stopped talking. “First things first—what are you doing in Los Angeles…Constable?”

“Well, as Mick said, we appeared—quite literally—out of nowhere. You see, we were walking along a street in Chicago—in broad daylight, might I add—when suddenly we found ourselves in the middle of Los Angeles…at night. A bit of a predicament, as you can imagine. Mick thought you might have some ideas as to how we could get home again.”

Josef shot an exasperated look at Mick. “Well, I have a private jet, but we just met, and I’m not really big on sharing—”

“Does this jet have time travel capabilities?” Ray cut in.

“Oh yes—thank you, Ray,” Fraser said. “I neglected to mention that when we were in Chicago, it was 1995. And yet now we find ourselves here, in Los Angeles, in 1983.”

Josef’s eyebrows shot up. “Huh. Well that certainly changes things. But before we address that curious issue…who the hell is that blurry man standing beside you, making faces at me?”

Fraser whipped his head around. “Dad!” he exclaimed.

Fraser Sr. held up his palms and shrugged. “I thought he couldn’t see me! What else was I to do?”

Fraser turned back to Josef, pointing at his father. “—You can see him?!”

“He’s faded, but visible. I can hear him, too, though again, he’s quiet.”

“But how come you can, where Mick cannot?”

Josef sat back in his chair, hands resting behind his head. “The older the vampire, the more powerful.”

Fraser dipped his head in acknowledgement. “Ah. Understood.”

Diefenbaker suddenly trotted up to Josef and leaned his head up against Josef’s thigh. Josef glared down at the wolf. “What do you want? Don’t you know that animals are afraid of vampires?”

The wolf looked up at Josef with liquid brown eyes and started whining.

“Oh, dear,” Fraser sighed. “I knew we should have stopped at a convenience store on the way here.”

Ray rolled his eyes.

Fraser addressed his host, “I beg your pardon, but do you happen to have any junk food on the premises? Donuts, candy bars, even potato chips…anything of the like? I’m afraid he won’t leave us alone otherwise. ”

Josef scowled. “So he’s hungry like a wolf—got it. Well, I do have some on hand for my…staff. I’ll send for something.” He pressed a button on the intercom and made the request. Diefenbaker put his paws up on Josef’s thighs and started licking his face.

“Ugh! Stop it—get him off me!”

Fraser cleared his throat. “Well, he’s facing you, so you’ll have to tell him yourself—because, you see, he’s deaf. But he can read lips. You’ll just have to enunciate.”

Josef scowled at the wolf. “Get…off…me…exclamation mark!”

With a final lick, Diefenbaker removed his paws from Josef’s lap and lay down on the ground beside his chair.

“Yeesh,” Josef scrubbed at his cheek with one hand and frantically tried to brush the hair off his shiny shirt with another.

A knock came at the door and a man appeared in the doorway with a handful of candy bars and raised an eyebrow questioningly at his employer. Josef rolled his eyes, shook his head, and indicated with a flick of his fingers for the man to toss them to the wolf. “And get me a wet, soapy cloth and a lint roller, stat.”

“Thank you kindly, Mr. Kostan,” Fraser said tentatively.

“Please, don’t mention it—really. My reputation would never withstand it.” Josef shot another look at Mick, who shrugged apologetically. “So, anyway, because your journey to finding out that vampires existed included travel through time, thus rendering your story completely unbelievable, I’ll go easy on you and let you live.” He twirled a pencil between his fingers. “—But if you ever talk about vampires with anyone, you are dead men. Not undead—but dead dead—irregardless of what city or decade you are in at the time.”

“Yeah. Got it.” Ray nodded curtly.

“Ah, I think you mean ‘regardless’…”

Fraser!” Ray said urgently.

Fraser cleared his throat hastily. “Uh, er… Understood.”

Josef stared at him for a moment, blinking slowly. “Okay…now…what were you doing just before you came here?

“We were about to search a dumpster for evidence.”

“Then my suggestion is to go back to where you started and try and find a dumpster. Perhaps that’s the source of the…the, I don’t know, the”—Josef waved his hand around in a circle—“glitch in the time–space continuum.”

“Ah. An excellent suggestion. Thank you kindly.”

Josef tilted his head regally in acknowledgement to Fraser. “Now…I’m hungry.”

Ray threw his hands up and took a swift step back. “Whoa—Mick swore we were not on the menu!”

“And you are so definitely not—trust me,” Josef wrinkled his nose distastefully. “No offense. Now, please—get out of my office…so I can order in. This is the last time I let Mick volunteer to pick up dinner.”

**************************************************************************************************

“Phew,” Ray exhaled on the steps of Josef’s mansion. “That was… Is he always like that?”

The corner of Mick’s lip twitched upwards. “Like what?”

Ray shook his head. “Never mind.”

Mick led the way back to his car. Fraser climbed into the back seat and Diefenbaker hopped onto the middle seat beside him. Ray shut the door after the wolf and settled into the front. “Let’s hope Josef was right about that dumpster,” he said over his shoulder as he reached for his seat belt.

“I’m sure he is correct, Ray. He seemed very wise, and it’s a perfectly plausible and logical theory.”

Fraser’s father suddenly appeared in the seat on the other side of Diefenbaker. “I could have told you that!” he scoffed.

Fraser sighed. “Told me what?”

“About the dumpster—I could have told you that. Could’ve been home hours ago.”

“Well, then why didn’t you?” Fraser said through his teeth.

Fraser Sr. shrugged, “Well, you always hate it when I interfere…”

Interfere?!”

“All right, all right…” Fraser Sr. waved his hand at his son to calm him down. “It’s my fault, I know that. If I’d better prepared you, you wouldn’t be floundering around like this.”

“Prepared me for what—time travel? And I’m not exactly over my head, Dad—we got a lead on how to get home.”

“Ah, but you had to get it from a 400-year-old vampire. If this had happened to me when I was your age, I’d have found my way long before now. Your generation has become too dependant,” he shook a finger at his son.

Fraser rolled his eyes.

“You know, Benton, when I first joined the Mounted Police, all the equipment we got was a paper bag and a pointed stick. We used the bag to boil tea, and the stick was for killing game—and if you lost either of them…they charged you for it!”

Fraser stared at his father. “Are you ill?”

“Well, no…I’m dead, son. Remember?”

“You never let me forget it.”

Ray cleared his throat. “You all right back there, Benny?”

“Oh, yes, fine, Ray.”

Ten minutes later, Mick pulled the car over and put it in park. “Well, we’re back at the scene of the crime…and I see a dumpster over there.” He pointed down an alleyway.

Mick sauntered along behind as his passengers scrambled out of the car and over to the dumpster.

Ray threw up his hands. “Okay, Fraser, we’re standing next to a dumpster, and we’re still in Los Angeles. Now what?!”

“Well, Ray, perhaps we should try entering the dumpster, as we’d originally intended.”

You intended, Fraser, you—it’s always you with the dumpsters. Just promise me you won’t lick anything unless it’s absolutely essential to time travel, all right?”

“Understood.” Fraser tried to lift one side of the lid, grunting as it wouldn’t budge. “Huh—the lid appears to be stuck.” He tried the other side and met with the same success. He peered around over his shoulder. “Ray, hand me that metal pipe over there—perhaps I can use it as a lever and pry the lid open.”

Ray looked around, saw where Fraser was pointing, walked over and picked the pipe up off the ground. Fraser took the pipe from him and made a gesture with his hand. “Uh, Ray, would you mind—?”

“Why do I always have to be the fulcrum?!” Ray scowled.

“—Uh, guys?” Mick stepped in between them and lifted up one side of the lid with a grunt and one hand.

Ray smiled smugly at Fraser. “Look, Fraser—he was the lever and the fulcrum. What would your buddy Archimedes say to that?”

Fraser threw up his hands. “Well, I’m sorry I’m not a vampire with superior strength, Ray.”

“I bet that’s exactly what he’d say!” Ray replied triumphantly.

Fraser furrowed his brow. “No, I mean I—”

Ray held up a finger. “Don’t you dare start giving me Medieval Latin.”

“I think you mean Ancient Greek, Ray. Archimedes was—”

Mick cleared his throat to interrupt and extended a hand to the two men. “Well…I would say it was nice meeting you guys…but maybe I’d better go with surreal.”

“Yeah, well, same to you,” Ray said, wide-eyed, as he pumped Mick’s hand.

“Thank you kindly for everything, Mick,” Fraser returned Mick’s handshake. “—Dief?”

Diefenbaker barked once at Mick before jumping into the dumpster. Fraser smiled, touched his hat and put a boot up to brace himself for the leap into the dumpster, then stopped. “Dad?” he called softly and peered around. When his father didn’t appear, he sighed in relief. “…Good. Now, if only he’d stay here…” With one last lopsided grin at Mick, he vaulted into the dumpster.

Ray peered into the dumpster after him. “…Benny? …Dief? Hey, they disappeared! It must have worked!” he shook his head. “Man, I just hope this is the dumpster that takes us back to Chicago and not the Land of the Dinosaurs or Narnia or something. Well, wish us luck, Mick!” He grasped the top edge of the dumpster and was about to step up and launch himself over the side when he stopped and turned back to Mick. “You know, I just had a thought… We ended up in L.A., I wonder if there was some kind of tradeoff; if anyone from here sometime ended up in Chicago sometime?”

Mick shrugged. “I guess we’ll never know.”

********************************************************************************************
Chicago, 1997...
********************************************************************************************

Lieutenant Welsh stuck his head out of his office door, looked around, and beckoned to a bewildered Carl Davis who had suddenly appeared in the middle of the squad room.

“You there—you the new detective?”

“Uh, I’m a detective…sir?”

“Good. Come into my office. One of our detectives, Ray Vecchio, just went into deep cover with the mob. You’ll be taking his place.”

“What? I am? Um…” Carl stammered.

“Speechless? Good. I like you better than Vecchio already. Unless…you don’t have any Mountie friends, do you?”

“Uh, no.”

“Good,” Welsh said curtly and started to bend down to sit in his chair. Suddenly he stopped and eyed Carl sharply. “—Wolves?”

Carl’s eyebrows shot up. “Wolves? Uh, no?”

“Good,” Welsh nodded approvingly. “You’re hired.”

“Uh, thank you, sir?”

“Your desk is over there against the wall next to Huey and Dewey.”

“—Huey and Dewey, sir?”

Welsh took his glasses off. “It used to be Huey and Louis, but Louis got blown up.”

“Oh. I’m sorry to hear that—but don’t you think it’s kind of funny that his replacement should also have the name of one of Donald Duck’s—?”

Welsh sighed, put his glasses back on and flicked his fingers at the door. “You’re dismissed, Vecchio.”

“—Vecchio? My name is Davis, sir.”

“Not anymore, it isn’t. Weren’t you listening to a word I said? You are taking Vecchio’s place—you are now Detective Raymond Vecchio. You’ll find a briefing report about your life on your desk, should you ever get out of my office.” Welsh waved a hand at the door again without looking up from the paper he was reading.

Carl went over to his new desk and flipped open the report.

Italian?!”
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: due MOONLIGHT [ep. 2] PG13

P.S. If anyone wants to know... Fraser, Ray, and Diefenbaker did wind up back home in the dumpster they originally intended to poke around in. Fraser exited the dumpster with his uniform immaculate, while Ray was picking off little bits of rotting cabbage leaves for several minutes.
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

:snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

Josef scowled at the wolf. “Get…off…me…exclamation mark!”

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
banner by Cprav
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Thanks for reading, Ranger! ;)

I can't take credit for that line--that's what Ray#2 said when he first "met" Diefenbaker and Fraser told him to enunciate. :laugh:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, lord--this is... :yahoo: :rolling:
Frickin' hilarious!!! This is even better than Episode 1!! It's totally awesome--thank you for this wonderful homage to Due South! :smooch:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
I laughed for three minutes straight. Might have scared my potted plants and my Giant Spectre.
There are so many priceless lines in there that I refuse to quote them all. The car discussion, the hat and the superpowers, Josef and Diefenbaker, the ghost of fathers past, and poor Carl in Chicago...
And the best of it all is that your story made me watch a few episodes of Due South. Thank you for making me aware of this show. :giggle:
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Alle--Thanks so much! :hug: Glad you enjoyed even more than Ep. 1! I had so much fun writing this & weaving in a lot of my favourite Due South lines (too many to count).

Francis--thank you very much!! :rose: I'm so happy you had fun reading it, and watched a few episodes of the show itself! (Did you get to any where Fraser's father appears? He comes in during 1x10 "The Gift of the Wheelman," which is a Christmas episode, and one of my favourites because there are so many priceless and hilarious scenes--including Fraser's father's appearance). And yes, poor Carl--he was just on his way to work, walked into the police station and ended up in a completely different one, and gets a new identity to boot! :laugh: Ray#2 was played by Callum Keith Rennie, who looks nothing like David Marciano--and Brian White of course looks even less like him!
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

No, I didn't see the ones with the ghost, only the first three. I will have to remedy that.
So introducing Brian was based on a real event. How did they explain it in the show? Cause it's no scifi show if I recall correctly. :teeth:
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Oh, Fraser Sr's ghost is priceless.

And yes, having Carl Davis take Ray Vecchio's place was based on the first episode of season three, when David Marciano couldn't do the show anymore, for various reasons. How did they explain the change in Rays? It was very non-sci-fi. See, the real Ray Vecchio (played by David Marciano) apparently looked exactly like some mobster who was killed in a car wreck. The cops managed to keep the fact that he died a secret, and thus none of his underlings knew he was dead, allowing them to slip Ray Vecchio in undercover as this mob boss. But then they decided they needed to keep "Ray Vecchio" on the force to cover that up, so they get Det. Stanley Raymond Kowalski to take his place as Det. Ray Vecchio.

This all happened when Fraser was on vacation, so he returns to find this blond guy claiming to be Ray Vecchio (Callum Keith Rennie) and knowing everything about him and their lives, and despite the fact that it's so obviously not Ray Vecchio, everyone else is insisting that it is Ray Vecchio (Lieutenant Welsh keeps telling Fraser they need to talk, but keeps getting interrupted, so they don't get a chance to talk until the end of that episode, after Fraser has spend the entire time gathering evidence to prove that the blond guy is not Ray Vecchio).

I don't know if that made sense...I'm really tired. Anyway, it's not sci-fi, just silly. :snicker:
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

I'm just re-watching an episode of Due South and lamenting that I couldn't find a way to work in the line, "There is nothing more frustrating than playing hide-and-seek with a deaf wolf." :rolling:

Return to “NocturneInCMoll's Office”