Killing Time (or, ...) [short challenge piece] PG

A place for NocturneInCMoll's G to PG-13 stories.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Killing Time (or, ...) [short challenge piece] PG

Post by darkstarrising »

allegrita wrote:Well, maybe they pulled one leg this way, and the other leg that way... :devil:
(Oh, that is just so wrong! Shame on me!!) :blushing:

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: Yes, it was, but it was good!!!
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Moonlighter wrote::rolling: Oh my goodness! That was great......but, oh yeah, sorry Josh. :giggle: And I love the different meanings you can use for the phrase "killing time." Sometimes it's wonderful that the English language is so ambiguous.

Nice job, NICM!
ITA with Moonlighter! Poor Josh brought it all on himself, though. :snicker:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
VampFan5
Rogue vampire

Post by VampFan5 »

Seriously Julie what do you have against poor Josh? Why does he always have to die in your stories? LOL. Anyways I loved this. I could just see the smug expresson on Josef's face, always in control and then Mick agreeing as he followed suit.

Julia :rolling:
Travis and the Tar Pit Tails.....a story by VampFan5
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by NocturneInCMoll »

Thank you so much, Everyone! Glad you enjoyed. :thumbs:

Aussie--Wicked, eh? :angel: Glad you could see it playing out. When I write, I imagine it playing out.

Grace--Definitely a bit of what had to be going on behind the scenes--those vamps were careless! :slaphead:

Jenna--No way Josef was giving up killing time! :noway: I don't know if the coroner would have connected Josh being weird about his girlfriend's strange animal bite in the desert to his death, particularly if the vamps staged it well (or just made him disappear).

OneZebra--Memory wipe abilites would indeed be good, but that would have made the show very boring very fast. :laugh:

Carol--Again, memory wipe handy, but not applicable! :snicker:

Lucy--Yup! One second of understanding, then...bye-bye Joshie! :eat:

Moonlighter--I :heart: puns. Go figure, eh?

Karen--Of course Josh couldn't leave it alone! And neither could M & J. No leg pulling--except maybe Alle's version. :rolling: Do you think they made a wish?! :shrug:

NightAir--I wouldn't say he's never safe with me...I have several stories in which he is not dead or dying, or going to die...really! :biggrin:

MickLife--Yeah, he did sort of bring it on himself... :mdrama:

Julia--I really don't know what it is with poor Josh and me--maybe his teeth are too perfect? But he doesn't die in ALL my stories! He's already dead in On Ice, he didn't die in I Know What You Are, Mick ( :rolling: ) or in Beth & Josh's Second Anniversary Party (technically), or in Special Effects, or Between a Rock and a Hard Place, and he hasn't died in Fever Redux or Josh Lindsey, BC. Come on! Anyway, glad you could picture it. :phew: That's how I try to write it!
moonlightlover60
Fledgling

Post by moonlightlover60 »

Too bad Josh didn't put two and two together before he confronted Mick, with Beth's obsession of vampires and the twin puncture marks that look like they were from an animal ya think he might have got a little clue. Oh well at least the evening wasn't a total waste of killing time for our vamps, Josef ended up getting his drink fresh from the vein.
Thanks Julie, loved it.
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Thanks so much, Moonlightlover! Glad you enjoyed. Yes, it is unfortunate for Josh that he didn't put two-and-two together sooner...good for Josef's palate, though! :laugh:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

NightAir wrote:Poor Josh. He's never safe in your hands. :giggle:
That's exactly what I was thinking. Lovely, Julie. A cracking read.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

oh you are deliciously evil, NICmolll!! :cheer: I couldn't help but giggle at the ending. I think Mick actually did feel this way from time to time.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Thanks so much, Red! --But I don't always kill Josh, you know. ;)

Why, thank you, Luxe! :curtesy: I'm sure Mick did sometimes feel the inevitability of "killing time," particularly when he realized there was no other option.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

This made me think of your 100 Grand story. And I guess you once again killed Josh. Bad Julie!
So after you're ready torturing Ben, you now torture Josh. Hmmm. :mdrama: :slaphead: :noway:

I love it. :rolling: From the banter and the puns to Mick adamantly claiming a chain link fence (Josh really should work on his interrogation skills, he should just have asked Mick what he thinks this was!) to the revelation. I could so see this happening. Love it.
ash
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Trying juggle, homework, uni, a social life, rp and writing things that get stuck in my head. Tough

Post by ash »

:hyper2: :clapping: :snicker: :coffee: love it!!!poor josh
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Oh Julie...you never fail to put a put a big grin on my face when I read your stuff, and this was no exception!

From
“I am A-positive it’s not.”
to
“So, what do you want to do—play Pin-the-Cape-on-Dracula?”
and
“it was definitely a fence. I saw it. I think it was a special order—so, not like other chain-link fences...”
I laughed all the way through this. Written with your usual flair and style, it was just a delight and not NEARLY long enough! :hearts:

(and I'm trying hard not to resent you pounded this beauty out in three hours w/ no beta... :teeth: )

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Francis--Thank you! Glad you liked. I guess there are a couple of similarities to my 100 Grand Story, except in this one Mick was totally on board with Josef. And yes, bad Julie--I once again killed Josh. :shrug: But I don't always--really!!!! And you're right, Josh gave away a little too much--he should have asked Mick what it was before he asked him if he could come up with something better, just to see if Mick and Beth had their stories straight. Jealous people aren't always smart... :no:

Ash--Thanks so much! Yes, poor Josh... :laugh:

PNW--Why, thank you so much! :hug: Glad I can amuse you so. :biggrin: And yeah, I may have written this quickly, but it was short, and think about how many other things I didn't write quickly...such as Ch. 23 of WAY,MSJ? (9 months) or Ch. 5 of Fever Redux (7 months). :noway:
fairytoes
Rogue vampire

Post by fairytoes »

:giggle: That was simply wonderful! :clapping: Poor Josh. :snicker:
thank you! :flowers:
Wonderful Banner by Redwinter
Gorgeous Avi by Lilly
Thank you!
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonMarg »

NocturneInCMoll wrote:Josef leaned forward with obvious interest. “Did you…trip her?”

Mick shot him a fleeting look. “No, she fell on her own.”

“Oh, even better!”
:giggle: Just brilliant.

Return to “NocturneInCMoll's Office”