28 Days Later [challenge piece] PG

A place for NocturneInCMoll's G to PG-13 stories.
jen
Cleaner

Re: 28 Days Later [challenge piece] PG

Post by jen »

Up to this point, it really isn't much of a fight.

Even though Mick's perpetual coolness really isn't a weapon he can count on in hand to hand combat with an undead chicken-cooking lawyer.

Come on Josh, is that all ya got? You are falling to pieces here--literally! Not that I want you to win, mind you, or even come remotely close but Mick is gonna get bored pretty soon.

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: Ummmmm...

I bet the 10 million bucks that Spike Victor Hesse burned in the bonfire that pretty soon, Josh won't have a leg to stand on. :snicker:
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Note: Do not eat/drink while reading this thread. :rolling:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by NocturneInCMoll »

Okay, now I have to admit I don't get Alle's last reference... :blushing: And Jen's right, it's not much of a fight (Josh could have done better if I had more words)--although, whatever happens, Josh can legitimately say that he "kicked Mick's ass." :snicker:

Here's the last part. I maxed out at 500 words.

“Mick, you weren’t answering your—” Beth came through the open door. “Dear God, what is that thing?” she shrieked at the one-legged zombie. Then she recognized its face. “Oh! Josh! …you’re alive?” Her eyes strayed to the body parts strewn about the room. “Or not…” She shuddered. “Mick, if you’re set on fighting him ‘to the pain,’ you still have to cut out his tongue and gouge out his eyes.” With that, she turned and walked out of the apartment.

Mick nodded solemnly. “As you wish.” He grinned suddenly, his fangs fully extended.

BLOODY MICK: 4.5
JOSH: 1

:dizzy:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

And here, once again, Beth chooses Mick.

At this point, Josh doesn't have a leg to stand on...or much else for that matter.

At some point, he just needs to stay down.

Literally.

Um...is Beth waiting in the car while Mick takes care of Josh?????? :rolling: :rolling:

Come on, there is undead and then there is just undead!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Awww... poor Josh, even Beth had no sympathy for him! But you're right--at least he went out knowing that he kicked Mick's butt. :snicker:

The reference is to an episode of Hawaii Five-0... sorry, I should've realized that not everyone is watching it. In a nutshell, Victor Hesse is a bad guy on the show, played by James Marsters (who played Spike the vampire in the Buffy and Angel TV series). And Hesse burned up 10 million bucks in an episode of H50.

WONDERFUL story, Nocturne--thank you! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

(Edited because Alle's an idiot... apologies to DSR and Nocturne, and thanks to MLC for pointing out my stupid error.)
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Perfect ending! Josh really let loose, huh? I can't imagine Mick biting someone tasting of formaldehyde though. Can you say "Ugh"?
:mdrama:
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Thank you, everyone! I enjoyed your participation.

No worries about the H50 reference, Alle, even though I didn't get it. I made a Simpsons reference (would have made a Three Stooges reference as well if I had the word space) and a Princess Bride reference, which everyone may or may not have gotten. And Francis, Josh's formaldehyde issue was inspired by my being forced to dissect a large grasshopper in Grade 7. The grasshoppers had been soaked in formaldehyde for a long time, and it made them rather mushy in places. The body was being held down by a pin through the neck as I was trying to cut things, but as neck began to tear, the teacher told me to just cut off the head. I attempted to do so, but found the last part of the outer skin still rather tough. Suddenly, the knife broke through and the force/sudden release sent the head spinning around and bouncing off the walls of the pan. I screamed. It was all very traumatic...anyway, that was what led me to write Josh's leg being torn off and flying through the air as a result of being soaked in formaldehyde for too long. And don't worry, Mick's not really going to bite him per se...but he does still have to get rid of Josh's tongue and eyes (and other leg, if he is to follow Westley from the Princess Bride's 'to the pain' instructions). Jenna, Beth wasn't waiting in the car exactly--she was up in the middle of the night for some reason, just happened to be driving by his neighbourhood ( :laugh: ), and thought she'd call to see if he wanted company. But, of course, when he didn't answer, she thought she'd come up. (I could have explored this more if I was able.) I think she was annoyed to find that Josh was trying to pick a fight with Mick again, even before coming to see her, especially since it was literally costing Josh an arm and a leg. So she gave up on him. :shrug:
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Julie, I LOVE the reference to my all time favorite film. THANKYOU!!
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

LUXE! The Princess Bride is one of my all-time favourites, too!!! In fact, Westley is napping on my bed as we speak (except he's a little more feline than the Dread Pirate Roberts, just as Josh was a little more zombie than Prince Humperdinck). Anyway, I just couldn't resist throwing a reference in. Glad you liked it! :heart:
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

NocturneInCMoll wrote:LUXE! The Princess Bride is one of my all-time favourites, too!!! In fact, Westley is napping on my bed as we speak (except he's a little more feline than the Dread Pirate Roberts, just as Josh was a little more zombie than Prince Humperdinck). Anyway, I just couldn't resist throwing a reference in. Glad you liked it! :heart:
Lucky you mentioned your Westley is of the four-legged variety, or I would have had to draw my sword on you, milady. :snicker:
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Luxe de Luxe wrote:
NocturneInCMoll wrote:LUXE! The Princess Bride is one of my all-time favourites, too!!! In fact, Westley is napping on my bed as we speak (except he's a little more feline than the Dread Pirate Roberts, just as Josh was a little more zombie than Prince Humperdinck). Anyway, I just couldn't resist throwing a reference in. Glad you liked it! :heart:
Lucky you mentioned your Westley is of the four-legged variety, or I would have had to draw my sword on you, milady. :snicker:
:rolling: If we must fence, I call dibs on being Inigo Montoya, and you can be Count Rugen. :biggrin:
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

NocturneInCMoll wrote:
Luxe de Luxe wrote:
:rolling: If we must fence, I call dibs on being Inigo Montoya, and you can be Count Rugen. :biggrin:
No fair. I want to be Inigo, you can be Rugen. I say we call on Vizzini to decide.
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Luxe de Luxe wrote:
NocturneInCMoll wrote:
Luxe de Luxe wrote:
No fair. I want to be Inigo, you can be Rugen. I say we call on Vizzini to decide.
I've got the iocaine ready. Oh, and by the way, I gave Fezzik some peanuts, and he's firmly on my side. I trust that's not so inconceivable.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

NocturneInCMoll wrote:
Luxe de Luxe wrote:
NocturneInCMoll wrote:
Luxe de Luxe wrote:
I've got the iocaine ready. Oh, and by the way, I gave Fezzik some peanuts, and he's firmly on my side. I trust that's not so inconceivable.
that's good, julie, because iocaine is from australia, and I am from australia, so I have tolerance for iocaine....

Return to “NocturneInCMoll's Office”