The Beat (PG-13) chapters 1-5

A place for Penina Spinka's G to PG-13 stories
tucutecats
Fledgling

Re: The Beat (PG-13) chapters 1-5

Post by tucutecats »

i was a little worried for Mick, but I guess it's Ok. I like Sam and am looking forward to more of your stories.
Penina Spinka
Freelance freshie

Post by Penina Spinka »

Thank you for reading and commenting. There are more Sam and Mick stories. I'll post Possibly Sam soon. That's when Mick brings Josef east to meet Sam. Possibly Sam can help Josef contact Sarah.
Read Sam stories by Penina My index: http://www.moonlightaholics.com/viewforum.php?f=560
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Oh this is wonderful, Penina. So evocative - both in terms of setting and emotion. I love the insight you give us into Mick and the most amazing trust he feels for Sam instantly. Two outsiders together - and it's a powerful, beautiful bond.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
lila
Freelance freshie

Post by lila »

A very, very interesting read. I especially like the way you've captured Mick's voice- dry and a little bit sarcastic. Lovely!
Thank you to Heartgram_lala for my beautiful icon.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Penina,

I'm here from the Coffee House as well....what a wonderful story. :flowers: You've introduced a truly original character in the form of Sam, a Mohawk with a special gift, spanning the modern world and the world of his ancestors. Mick thinks their encounter is by chance, but it's not. He is the stranger that Sam dreampt of to help his family.

What I really loved was the backstory of how vampires were once perceived as Protectors and Mick's musings on what had changed that caused them to fall from grace.

Off to read more!
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Penina Spinka
Freelance freshie

Post by Penina Spinka »

Posts come in in reverse order so I didn't see these yet when I wrote a moment ago. How did vamps fall from favor as protectors? That might be interesting to think about, and Mick did. I don't think I could write it since it would be so far removed from the characters we know. Someone writing to me guessed some vampires wanted all the glory and free blood, but not the responsibility. Taking advantage of weaker people, selfishness, that kind of thing were probably a big part of it. Thank you again for reading and your comments. Penina
Read Sam stories by Penina My index: http://www.moonlightaholics.com/viewforum.php?f=560
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Wow. What a superbly written story--full of history and backstory that lends such a richness to it. Remarkable. Enjoy the relationship between Mick and Sam.
Penina Spinka
Freelance freshie

Post by Penina Spinka »

Fleur, thank you for reading and your comment. I just began posting the sequel - Possibly Sam. Josef will finally meet Sam. I hope you'll read it. Penina
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Penina, I've only just read this for the first time, and it's wonderful. Thank you so much for posting it here.
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
Penina Spinka
Freelance freshie

Post by Penina Spinka »

Dear Phoenix, I hope you will enjoy the next 5 chapters of THE BEAT. I started to post the sequel, 2nd in the Sam stories and believe the first 5 chapters are in there so far. It's called POSSIBLY SAM and tells what happens when Mick brings Josef to NYC to see if Sam can help him with Sarah. I'm leaving tomorrow night for a train trip to Baltimore to see my children. I won't be home until August 31, or near a computer. Thank you for reading and sending comments. Penina

Return to “Penina Spinka's Office”