The Other Side of the Mirror - part 3 (PG)

A place for Shadow's G to PG-13 stories
Shadow
Courtesan

The Other Side of the Mirror - part 3 (PG)

Post by Shadow »

Disclaimer: Moonlight is not mine and no copyright infringement is intended.

THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MIRROR
part three

After a long time Rose opened her eyes. The room was dark. She got up and went to the window, to check that Beth’s car was gone, before she turned on the light. She looked at the pendant where it lay on the table by the photographs. How did these people find out so many details? She hadn’t kept the pendant a secret – she’d shown it to some of her friends, before giving it to Mick – but that had been so very long ago. If someone was clever enough to track down such obscure facts, why couldn’t they use that brilliance to do something good? What made them come after gullible people, to try to destroy their lives?

The pendant. It couldn’t really be Mick’s. It was hardly one of a kind; even the shopkeeper she’d bought it from had had others. But Rose picked it up again, and clutched it to her heart. She remembered the look on Mick’s face when he’d opened the box. He’d loved it. She’d always been able to tell when she’d given him just the right gift.

She put a hand to her throat and touched her necklace, the bird on the gold chain, its wings outspread. She wished, suddenly, for the dress she’d worn on Mick’s wedding day, the borrowed dress she’d worn the last time she’d seen him. She should have begged her friend Alice to let her keep it. She’d have been able to pay for it eventually. Should have, should have. Why didn’t I?

There was a vase of flowers on the coffee table. Rose grabbed it and threw it against the wall, and it shattered. Glass breaking . . . Rose cried out, remembering. Something had hit her from behind, and she’d fallen, and then Mick had been there, holding her. Only he hadn’t been. Oh God. Mick.

Trembling, Rose went to the kitchen cabinet where she kept the liquor. After Richard’s death she’d often drunk herself into oblivion, just as she’d done after losing Mick, after losing the baby. She pulled down a bottle, not bothering with a glass, and drank from it. Then another bottle, and another. Mixing drinks was the most efficient way to get drunk, Mick had told her once, and Rose had found it to be true. She kept drinking until she couldn’t force down another swallow, and then she put on her coat and picked up her keys. Forget the handbag. Forget the keys – she threw them back down. She grabbed the pendant instead and went out the front door, leaving it open. She had to get away. She didn’t care where.

A long time later – she didn’t know how long- she looked around in a daze, and wondered where she was. She didn’t recognize any of the buildings. She’d left the residential areas; she was in a side street in a rundown business district. Everything was shadowed, the streetlights dim, the stores closed, doors and windows barred. A man wandered down the street, walking directly toward her, and she froze. Adrenaline shocked her sober, for a moment. The man was smiling, and it was a predatory smile. Rose turned, meaning to run, but she was too drunk, and she stumbled. The man grabbed her arm and reached for the pendant that she still held clutched in her hand. He’ll take it; he’ll take my necklace, my wedding ring . . . I can’t lose them; I won’t!

“No!” she cried, shoving his hand away. He laughed and jerked the chain from her fingers, and then he reached for her necklace. She twisted away from him and tried to snatch back the pendant. The man shoved it in his pocket, struck her across the face, and threw her against a wall. Something hit her, and she fell against the dresser. She heard someone screaming, and it wasn’t her. It was a man’s cry, terrible and agonized; she hadn’t heard a sound like that since Mick had come home from the war, bringing his nightmares with him. She heard a woman’s voice then, high and terrified. “Mick! Watch out!” The sound of a gun firing, of a body hitting a wall. A clatter of metal, footsteps running away. “I’ve got the gun,” the woman gasped. "Mick, he's gone . . ."

“Beth, call an ambulance! Hurry!” Rose was so dazed, she was dreaming. She could hear Mick’s voice, could feel him holding her in his arms. But why was Beth there, spoiling her dream?

“We need an ambulance, a woman’s been attacked and beaten, we’re at – Mick! – where are we?”

“Corner of 12th and Sutton, behind the Lucky Pawn Shop,” the man said, close to Rose’s ear.

“The corner of 12th and Sutton,” she heard Beth say. “Behind the pawn shop. Hurry, please.”

“She’s cold. Beth, your coat,” the man said. The hard pavement beneath Rose’s legs was suddenly gone, and there was soft fabric beneath her. Another coat was laid across her, soft and warm, and the man was gently probing the back of her head. She moaned at his touch. His hands moved down her arms, her legs, across her ribs, and then he was holding her again. “Oh God. I was following her so I could keep her safe.”

“How bad is it?” Beth whispered.

“I don’t know. Head injury – he hit her so hard – it’s my fault, I didn’t think.” The man’s voice was shaking. “I forgot how much longer it would take for me to move, I forgot.”

“It’s not your fault. If I’d done things right, she wouldn’t have been out here at all. I showed her the pictures; I promised you I wouldn’t unless I was totally sure of her, and I wasn’t. She was just so desperate to know what happened, and I thought – I thought – “

Rose felt herself drifting away, the voices turning to nonsense in her head. When she could hear them again, she heard the man say “ . . . wouldn’t give them up. He wouldn’t have hurt her if she’d let them go.”

“Why wouldn’t she give up the necklace?”

A gentle touch at her throat, warm fingers tracing the outline of her gold chain. “I gave it to her.”

“Oh,” Beth whispered, and there was a siren in the distance. Rose could dream, now, of Mick holding her, calling her name, talking to her. “Hang on, Rosie,” she heard Mick say. “You’ll be all right. The ambulance is almost here, and they’ll take care of you. You’ll be all right, Rosie, you’ll be fine.” The siren grew louder and louder until the sound of it blocked out the world.

Rose woke to bustling footsteps, bright lights, voices that made no sense. Was she old, dreaming of being a girl, or young, dreaming of being old? There were gentle hands and comforting voices, but it was a nightmare now, because Mick was gone. She couldn’t feel his arms around her, couldn’t hear the sound of his voice. He’d never been there.

“Can you hear me, Mrs. Delaney?” a woman’s voice asked. She could, but she didn’t care. Deliberately she shut the world away again.

The next time Rose woke she opened her eyes, and she could see. The room around her was bright white, the wall in front of her bare. Her head ached and throbbed, and her neck was stiff, the pillow uncomfortable beneath her. A hospital, she realized, and shivered. I hate hospitals. She wondered how much of the pain in her head was injury, and how much was hangover. She’d never drunk so much, or so recklessly, in her life, and that was saying a lot.

She shifted, trying to move her neck to a more comfortable position. And then froze, suddenly aware that there was someone else in the room. A doctor, a nurse? Beth? The man who pretended to be Mick? Rose stayed very still. Surely the hospital would not allow con artists into her room. But con artists by their very nature would be best able to get past hospital rules.

Whoever was in the room was silent, mostly. Rose heard an occasional catch of breath, a sound that almost seemed like a sob. Then Rose heard the door open, and Beth said, “Mick?” Rose went cold at the sound of her voice. She couldn’t believe they were still after her here, in the hospital. What would it take to get rid of them? She was so tired, and all she wanted to do was sleep, but she was suddenly determined that she would stay awake, and listen, and only pretend to be asleep. Perhaps they would say something incriminating, something that she could use against them.

“What did they say?” the man asked.

“They said she’ll be fine. The head injury isn’t that bad. It’s mostly alcohol poisoning, and she’s recovering from that.”

Are they talking about me? Rose wondered foggily, hearing the man’s deep sigh of relief, and then the sound of something being set on a table. That’s good then, if they are. If it’s true.

Voices again. The man was saying, “I should never have asked you to go to her. I’m sorry.”

“I wanted to go. And it would have been fine if I hadn’t pushed things too far.”

“Oh, Beth. You believed you could make it work. That’s part of who you are – you push and you make things happen, even when they ought to be impossible.”

“Not this time.” Tears, in Beth's voice.

“Beth. Come here.”

“I can’t.”

“Please.”

Rose heard the soft rustle of fabric, the sound of two people crying, muffled by cloth. Uncertainty filtered into her mind. They didn’t know she was awake. Were they acting? But if they weren’t, that left only Beth’s wild story, and there was no chance that it could be true.

A long time later Beth said, “We should go. Before she wakes up.”

“No. I have to stay.”

“But – looking at your picture nearly ended up killing her. If she actually sees you – “

“She needs to see me. It’s too late for me to just disappear again. I can’t leave things like this, not now. It wouldn't be fair to her.”

"Mick, are you sure?"

“No. But I don't know what else to do." The man's voice was strained, but resolute.

"I don't know either." Beth sighed. “Here. I brought you some coffee.”

“Thanks.” A pause, the clink of a cup. “Oh. That’s so good.”

“Mick, it’s awful,” Beth said, and suddenly there was a smile in her voice. “Did you miss coffee that much?”

“Oh, yeah. You can’t imagine.”

“I guess I can’t.” Beth’s voice changed, turning serious. “Mick – when he pulled that gun – I’ve never been more frightened in my life. I thought he was going to kill you.”

“He didn’t come that close.”

“Yes, he did. That bullet nearly hit you. And you’re mortal now. You could have died. I knew that, but I don’t think it really struck me until then. Your life is so fragile now. It frightens me.”

“Beth. I’m just like everyone else, now.” A pause. “Just like you.”

“Do you worry about me like that?”

“The way you get yourself into trouble? What do you think?”

Beth laughed, and Mick did too, just for a moment.

Then Mick said, “It’s ironic, I suppose. I never dared come near Rosie before, because I was a vampire. Even when I wasn’t a danger to her any more, I felt as if I was. I only had the courage to come, to try, because I was human again. But if I’d been a vampire tonight, I could have stopped it before it happened. I could have kept her safe.”

“I guess so,” Beth whispered. “But the price, Mick.”

“To keep Rosie from getting hurt, I’d give up being human in a heartbeat.” He sighed. “I could do without the irony.”

“There’s something else I’ve got to tell you,” Beth said. “There was something Rose said - something about the way she reacted when I told her about you. So while I was waiting for the doctors, I made some phone calls, did some research. I found out that Rose’s husband came into an inheritance a few years ago, and not long after that a man came to her, claiming to be you. Apparently he knew a lot of details about your life. He was very convincing, and she wanted to believe. She did believe, for a while. Then she found out he was just a con artist, after her money.”

“Oh God.”

“And since her husband died, there’ve been at least two different attempts made to swindle her. You know – somebody scanning the obituaries so they can take advantage of a grieving widow. I don’t think we could have picked a worse time to approach her. I’m so sorry, Mick. I should have thought of something like this. I should have checked.”

“I should have known,” Mick said.

“How could you? You had to stay at a distance. You couldn’t possibly know everything that happened to her over the years.”

“I still should have known. I should have found a way to protect her from that.”

“Don’t, Mick.” Beth’s voice was gentle. “Rose doesn’t need that kind of protection. She can take care of herself.”

“When I first met you –“ Mick stopped abruptly.

“What?”

“You were so strong. Four years old, and you’d been through hell, but you were so brave. You reminded me of Rosie.”

“Thank you,” Beth whispered. After a time, she said, “The necklace. When did you give it to her?”

“Her sixteenth birthday. She was nervous about it. Not sure she was ready to be quite so grown up yet. She said she felt like a little bird, about to be kicked out of the nest. But she was ready to fly. I wanted to give her something to show her that.”

“What were you doing then?”

“Getting into trouble, mostly."

“Rose was really worried about you back then.”

“Yeah. I was in pretty bad shape after the war. Rosie probably saved my life, getting me back into music.”

“Guitar?”

“How did you know?”

“I found a picture, in Morgan’s loft. From 1952.” A pause. “Do you still play?”

“Not any more.”

“When did you stop?” Mick didn’t answer, and after a moment Beth said, “Oh.”

Quick footsteps entered the room, and a nurse’s voice said, “The doctor needs to examine her now. If you’d wait outside for a moment?”

“Of course,” Mick said, and he said something else to Beth but his voice was fading now, disappearing into the distance. At the bedside the nurse said brightly, “Mrs. Delaney, can you hear me? The doctor’s here to check you.”

Rose couldn’t move. She couldn’t open her eyes. Oh God, it was Mick, beyond all hope. He’d been there in her room; she’d listened to his voice. She was sure of it. But what if she was still dreaming, and it wasn’t real? Don’t touch me. Don’t move me. Don’t break the spell.

“We’ll just turn you over, Mrs. Delaney – oh, what is it? Is the pain so bad?”

Rose looked up through her tears to see a blank white room, a doctor and a nurse hovering over her. Mick wasn’t there. Of course he wasn’t. It was just like before. When she opened her eyes, he was always gone.

“Don’t worry, Mrs. Delaney. We’ll get you something for the pain.”

The nurse injected something into her IV line. Rose whispered, “I need him. Why is he gone?”

“What’s that, Mrs. Delaney?”

“He’s always gone when I open my eyes. But I was awake this time – I can’t have been dreaming, can I?” Rose felt a heavy dizziness wash over her. She murmured, “I was sure Mick was here; I was so sure.” She let her eyes fall closed, the tears still burning. The nurse said something else, but she couldn’t understand the words. What had they given her? It was too strong. She didn’t want to sleep.

“What’s happening? Is she okay?” Mick’s voice. Rose looked toward him desperately, but her vision was blurring, fading into blackness. No, not now! But the drug took her away, dragging her down, and she couldn’t tell, she didn’t know, if Mick was really there at all.

Rose woke, wondering what time it was. It felt as if she’d overslept. There was no light through the window, but fluorescents in the ceiling glared down at her, making her head hurt. But no, that wasn’t why her head was aching . . . she remembered, suddenly, where she was and what had happened, and pushed herself up with a start.

A young man sat slumped in the chair beside her bed, his eyes closed, a strand of hair falling across his face. Rose slowly sat up. She reached for him, and then stopped, afraid to move. Mick. Would he vanish if she touched him?

But she was awake now. She was sure of it. She kept staring at Mick, hardly able to breathe, remembering everything Beth had told her, everything she’d overheard. All of it had been real, however impossible it seemed. Mick lay asleep before her, not looking as if he’d aged a day. There were dark bruises around his left eye, contusions on his right cheek. Oh, Mick. Still getting into trouble. His dark clothes and long hair looked strange to her, and so did the fleury cross on its chain, resting against his shirt, against his heart. She’d only seen him wear it once before. But it’s Mick.

Mick stirred in the chair, his breathing suddenly deep and labored, his hands clenched at his sides. “Rosie, please,” he whispered. “I’m sorry, Rosie, I’m sorry.”

“Mick?” She was sure he was deep in a nightmare, but why was he saying her name? “Mick,” she said again, and with a cry he jerked awake, looking around in confusion and gasping for breath. “It’s okay,” Rose said. “It was a nightmare, Mick. It’s okay.” Hesitantly she reached out her hand to him. Mick slowly pushed himself upright in the chair, looking at her as if he wasn’t sure if she was real.

“Rosie,” he whispered. He took her hand in his, and leaned over to rest his forehead against hers. All the memories came back to her; this was just what Mick had done before, so very long ago, when he woke from nightmares. She remembered going to him in the night, sitting on the bed beside him, trying to be there for him, ready to listen. She knew her presence had given him comfort, back then, even though he’d never been able to tell her what his nightmares had been about. She’d still always asked, just in case she could help.

“What did you dream?” she asked now.

Mick slowly pulled away, far enough to look at her, but he didn’t let go of her hand. Eyes downcast, he shook his head.

“You can tell me, you know. It may take me a while, but I really can handle anything. Even this.” With her free hand she reached out to touch his face, and he closed his eyes. “You haven’t changed. Not at all.” She slowly drew her hand away. “Is it true, what Beth said?”

“Yes.”

“About being –“

“A vampire.” Mick didn’t look up at her.

“Because of Coraline.”

“Yes.”

Rose shook her head in bewilderment. “I was so wrong. I really thought she loved you.”

“She did. But she loved being a vampire, too. When she turned me, she thought she was giving me a gift.” He was silent for a moment. “But it was only a nightmare for me.”

“Is Coraline still alive? Still young, like you?”

“Still young, if she’s still alive. I’ve lost touch with her.”

“Because of Beth.”

“Yes,” he said slowly. “Because of Beth.”

“But you’re human again.”

He nodded.

“Oh, Mick. Why didn’t you ever tell me what happened?”

“I couldn’t. It was too dangerous. I had to stay away.”

“A letter?”

“I couldn’t. If you’d known I was alive you’d never have stopped looking for me, and that might have been deadly for you.” His voice was nearly inaudible. “I’m sorry.”

“No. No, it doesn’t matter. You’re here now. I can’t believe it, but you’re here.” She took both his hands in hers, and drew him closer. Hesitantly he reached out to her, and then he was holding her in his arms; she leaned against his shoulder and felt something heal inside her, something she hadn’t even known was broken. She held him as tightly as she could. “I dreamed of this once,” she whispered. “That you were holding me. It wasn’t long after you disappeared. I’d gotten hurt, and before the ambulance came I dreamed that you were there with me. It seemed so real.”

Mick stiffened, and slowly pulled away, but she caught his hands. There were suddenly tears on his face, and pain in his eyes, pain that hadn’t been there even after the war. What did I say? “Mick, what’s wrong?”

“It was real,” Mick said.

“What?”

“I was there.”

“You were there? It wasn’t a dream?” My God, everything I wished for. But something’s wrong, so terribly wrong.

“It wasn’t a dream.” Mick pulled his hands free of hers and said, “I stayed with you until the ambulance came. I shouldn’t have. It was so dangerous. I could have lost control again. But I just couldn’t leave you like that, all alone.”

“Again?” Rose whispered. “What are you saying?”

“I never meant to come there, never. But that night . . . Rosie, I was the one who hurt you.”

She gazed at him in shock, and put her hand up to her throat to touch the scars, the old scars on the left side of her neck. The doctors had puzzled over the deep puncture wounds, finally deciding that they must have been caused by shards of glass. But it hadn’t been glass. It was a vampire. It was Mick.

A window shattered behind her, something slammed into her, darkness fell. Rose’s mind was blank; she could not fit it together. Mick had been there just as she’d dreamed, holding her close, giving her comfort.

She didn’t know how to take in the knowledge that he had first tried to kill her.

Vampire. Rose had been thinking only of what the word meant in terms of mortality, and she’d managed to accept that part; she had seen it for herself. Mick was not only still alive, he was still young, and this was a wonder indeed. But stories about vampires were always categorized as horror. Undead creatures that drank blood and preyed on humans, creatures with no humanity left in them. Rose wondered how much of the mythology was true. The immortality part obviously was. Did the rest follow?

She was still staring at Mick. He held her gaze for a long moment, then abruptly stood and backed away. He stumbled over the chair and nearly fell, then straightened and turned to look at her again. There was so much pain in his face, and she knew it was because of the way she was looking at him, but she was frozen; she couldn’t look away, or move, or speak. He turned away from her, and headed for the door.

Rose had sat the same way, frozen and silent, when they had taken her baby away from her.

No one was supposed to have let her see her baby. But the young nurse named Ellen had brought the baby to her anyway, and Rose had hesitantly reached out for her. The baby was warm in her arms, tiny and fragile, making small noises and waving her little arms. One hand caught in Rose’s long hair, pulling at it, and she smiled. “I’d call you Mary if I kept you,” she whispered. “I wonder what your new parents will name you?” Will they be good to you? Will they really give you a better life than I could give you? Adoption would be best for the baby. Everyone said so. Rose believed it herself. She gave the baby back to the nurse, and Ellen carried her to the door.

Rose could have called out then, to say that she had changed her mind, that she was going to keep her baby herself. She’d wanted to, more than anything, but she hadn’t.

She could call out to Mick now, beg him to stay, try to understand what had happened. But she didn’t, and he flung open the door and disappeared through it, breaking into a run.

_
Last edited by Shadow on Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
mitzie
Courtesan

Re: The Other Side of the Mirror - part 3

Post by mitzie »

That was a very intense chapter! Poor Rosie, poor Mick!! :cry: I hope Mick comes back to see Rosie. I love this story!!

Can't wait for more!!!! :mrgreen:

mitzie
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Oh so tragic... and she had had a baby and given her up!

Hoping for em both... they're both pretty alone.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Oh Shadow, this is just so tragic :(
My heart is breaking for both Mick & Rosie.
I really do hope things improve for them. They deserve it.
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
AussieJo
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by AussieJo »

So much depth! Wow!
First of all let me me me say that like Beth, it frightens me that Mick is mortal as well.
I shall breathe a sigh of relief when he turns back.
He will, won't he?
Shadow, you wrote the emotion and the heartache that Rose was experiencing SO well.
Mick is so fortunate, he has Beth.
And I know when all this shock subsides that Rose is going to have Mick and Beth to help her through.
Brother and sister are much alike in personality, aren't they?
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Thanks everyone! Rose and Mick certainly do get into a mess here - probably because brother and sister are indeed so much alike!
Mick will definitely turn back, as this is just a side trip between #12 and #13. (I'm with you, Jo - as much as I love human Mick, it is particularly scary having him be mortal. After over fifty years of not having to worry about things like being shot, you'd think his reflexes about danger would be off, and that he would actually be a lot more at risk than the average human.)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: The Other Side of the Mirror - part 3 (PG)

Post by redwinter101 »

I hardly have the words, Shadow - this is just so very beautiful. Rosie's shock and confusion finally, blessedly, turning to joy as she realises the truth.

The tenderness of Beth and Mick's conversation at her bedside is overwhelming and you make it so clear how and why Rosie believes them, even in her confused state. They so obviously speak truth in the words you have given them.

I loved how Mick has (finally) become so attuned, so used to being a vampre, that he forgets he is mortal again and can be hurt or killed, while at the same time, accepting that it is his mortality that opens the door and allows him to feel he can face Rosie again.
Shadow wrote:Then Mick said, “It’s ironic, I suppose. I never dared come near Rosie before, because I was a vampire. Even when I wasn’t a danger to her any more, I felt as if I was. I only had the courage to come, to try, because I was human again. But if I’d been a vampire tonight, I could have stopped it before it happened. I could have kept her safe.”

“I guess so,” Beth whispered. “But the price, Mick.”

“To keep Rosie from getting hurt, I’d give up being human in a heartbeat.” He sighed. “I could do without the irony.”
Then the final section is both beautiful and heartbreaking; the instant closeness of acceptance:
Shadow wrote:“Rosie,” he whispered. He took her hand in his, and leaned over to rest his forehead against hers. All the memories came back to her; this was just what Mick had done before, so very long ago, when he woke from nightmares.
followed by Mick's horror at having to confess that he was her attacker all those years ago. Rosie's reaction, unable to hide her shock, her horror, and the terrible wound that inflicts on Mick - well, my heart broke for them both.

As always, you have woven the past and present together in a beautiful way - moving, touching, tender and true.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Wow, Red, it's wonderful to hear that it all came across so well. Especially the emotional turnabout at the end ....
And it was so interesting that you mentioned Mick having become attuned to being a vampire. It seemed like however much he embraced his new mortality, he wouldn't so easily shake off all those vampire years.
Thank you so much for the wonderful comment!
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by NocturneInCMoll »

Great, heartbreaking chapter.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Thanks so much, Julie.
draco
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by draco »

please make it right again in the next chapter :hankie: :hankie: :hankie:
I already knew it would be hard for everyone but I still believe that there is hope - eternal optimist :teeth:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

It just had to be this hard - I think it really would be that way. (Three hankies? Thanks draco!)
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Rose needs time to adjust. It is a lot to take in but I really believe that she will adjust to current events. It would mean so much to Mick, having this connection to his human family.

I will be back later for that next chapter!

Thanks, Shadow!

Jenna
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

My heart reaches out to them both. What a great story. You capture their emotions, and Beth is such a steady presence here.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

jen wrote:Rose needs time to adjust. It is a lot to take in but I really believe that she will adjust to current events. It would mean so much to Mick, having this connection to his human family.

I will be back later for that next chapter!

Thanks, Shadow!

Jenna

Thanks Jenna! Glad you'll be back for that next one. :biggrin:

Return to “Shadow's Office”