The Other Side of the Mirror - part 1 (PG)

A place for Shadow's G to PG-13 stories
jen
Cleaner

Re: The Other Side of the Mirror - part 1 (PG)

Post by jen »

Shadow

This is wonderful!!!

It makes so much sense that Mick's mother was musically talented and he inherited the musical talent from her and also that he was once fascinated by medicine, as well. The fact that Rose looked into his and Coraline's disappearance suggests a flash of the talent that makes him a good P.I., as well.

Question is, at this pont, does Mick know what Beth is up to?

I'm off to find out right now... :biggrin:

Thanks!

Jenna

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

francis wrote:This is such a heartbreaking and heartwarming story. So much love, but so much sadness too. I'm curious to see where this goes, what Rose is thinking about all this. She's in for a shock, I guess.
Rose has had a lot of sadness in her life, to be sure. And she's definitely in for a shock! Thanks for reading, francis. :hearts:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

jen wrote:Shadow

This is wonderful!!!

It makes so much sense that Mick's mother was musically talented and he inherited the musical talent from her and also that he was once fascinated by medicine, as well. The fact that Rose looked into his and Coraline's disappearance suggests a flash of the talent that makes him a good P.I., as well.

Question is, at this pont, does Mick know what Beth is up to?

I'm off to find out right now... :biggrin:

Thanks!

Jenna
Thanks, Jenna ... I'm really glad you liked the details about Mick's family and his interests before the war ... I had a lot of fun with that. And I loved that you mentioned Rose's bit of detective work! Though she never solved the mystery, she found out more than anyone else did, which says something about her natural talent in that area.
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Shadow, you know I love the work you do on your OCs. Rose is one of them for sure! She is so well painted here, all those emotions going through her while at hospital, during the interview or about Mick's disappearance after the wedding night..so vivid and powerful. She is a next door woman, but also so very special. I absolutely adored the lesson with Tucker, the way she wanted to treat him specially,but couldn't, because she was in such a bad condition that day..and I had to smile at that one. I 've been there..almost. :2eyes:
Two boys today, thankfully; boys were always easier. Rose pushed her hair back and wiped her eyes. The children would have been practicing all week, she knew, and they were counting on her to be there for them. She pulled herself painfully out of bed.
This chapter reminded me of Mick right after losing Josh. ''He is human....This is what happens.'' Rose has suffered so much loss in her life, and she is such a person that she is still mourning for all those she has lost. I wonder how she will react if she is given something back! :hearts:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Ah, maggatha, what wonderful compliments for Rose!
maggatha3 wrote:She is a next door woman, but also so very special.
I really love this description of her, that is just how I see her . . . :cloud9: Thank you for coming back to visit her story!
maggatha3 wrote:This chapter reminded me of Mick right after losing Josh. ''He is human....This is what happens.''
I had not ever thought of that - but it really does fit here as well. :chin:

Return to “Shadow's Office”