The Goldstein House - Josef's home, aka Kasa Kostan

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

The Goldstein House - Josef's home, aka Kasa Kostan

Post by Lilly »

The house used for Josef’s home in “No Such Thing as Vampires” is the Sheats-Goldstein house designed by renowned architect John Lautner. The Hollywood Hills home is currently owned by real estate developer James Goldstein and has been featured in a number of Hollywood productions.

The living room where Josef and Mick met...

The kitchen...

John Lautner's drawings...

Aerial view...

Notice that the fly-in shot used in "No Such Thing as Vampires" does not actually show the Goldstein House.

For more info visit: http://www.arcspace.com/architects/Lautner/

11/7/2009: I just found a movie location site that has some nice shots of the Goldstein house. The pictures are watermarked, but there are some nice angles we haven't really seen before. Link
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: The Goldstein House - Josef's home, aka Kasa Kostan

Post by MoonShadow »

That house a beautiful piece of architecture. I admired it from the very first time I saw it. For me it is on par with a Frank Lloyd Wright work... pure art.
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

Why do I suddenly feel homesick??? :sadface:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Sigh. Memories... :ysmile:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

It is such a beautiful building.
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

I love this house! It's been featured in several architectural and home magazines and it just gets better each time you look at it!

*Sigh. Memories...* :sigh:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

I'm lovin' these threads about "threads" :snicker: and architecture. One thing I always wondered about -- what's a vampire doing with a house that's open to that much sunlight? And... what I'd like to see is what the bedroom looks liks. ;) Does that make me shallow? :lol:
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

Catmoon wrote:I'm lovin' these threads about "threads" :snicker: and architecture. One thing I always wondered about -- what's a vampire doing with a house that's open to that much sunlight? And... what I'd like to see is what the bedroom looks liks. ;) Does that make me shallow? :lol:
Nope. Not a bit. I was wonderin' the same thing, cat... :snicker:
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

Oh -- my -- god. I've just been checking out more of the Goldstein House online, and there's a picture of that view at night. I adore the L.A. skyline at night, and I know the view is even more spectacular than the photo can do justice to.

http://archidose.blogspot.com/2004/03/s ... rnism.html

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Catmoon wrote:I'm lovin' these threads about "threads" :snicker: and architecture. One thing I always wondered about -- what's a vampire doing with a house that's open to that much sunlight? And... what I'd like to see is what the bedroom looks liks. ;) Does that make me shallow? :lol:
Well, I can show you the real master suite. Somehow I can't picture a freezer in here, but I could certainly envision Josef -- and a freshie or two -- enjoying the nighttime view of the city....

A view from the outside....

Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

Lilly wrote:
Well, I can show you the real master suite. Somehow I can't picture a freezer in here, but I could certainly envision Josef -- and a freshie or two -- enjoying the nighttime view of the city....

OH WOW! What a view!! That just screams KOSTAN all over it!!
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

Lilly wrote:

Wow. Thanks for satisfying our curiosity. ;) I don't know why, but I somehow pictured Josef's bedroom as being more old European style, dark heavy wood, antiques, etc. But then again, as a vampire he really doesn't need a bedroom, so why not this one? Anyway, I'm getting a new appreciation for just how rich Josef is. :thud:

There was an amazing amount of style on Moonlight. From this house, to Josef's office (and clothing), to Mick's FOS... They really put a lot of thought and effort into all those things.

moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

Lilly wrote:

God, that nightime view is amazing!! Yeah, Josef and I can definitely be comfortable in there... :snicker:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

The set designer did an excellent job matching the personalities of the vamps with the architecture. There was an interview on Vamps and Slayers by the designer, I'm sorry I don't remember his name, but it was a great listen. I'll poke later and find the link. I'm late now, so I can't. Maybe Ed, who runs V&S will let us post part of it here. :dracula:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Mmmm, lovely to catch up with this thread - I agree those views are amazing.

blue, it would be great if you could track down that link - I'd love to have a listen.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson

Return to “Moonlight Locations”