Turn Me to Dust (In Between 2 and 3, PG)

Shadow
Courtesan

Re: Turn Me to Dust (In Between 2 and 3, PG)

Post by Shadow »

How great that you are continuing the episode watching/story reading, Maggatha! And wow, you have certainly got some interesting ideas.
maggatha3 wrote:I have wondered about that before, if Mick had another sire, let's say Josef for example, would he then think so little of himself? He is so destroyed.
Now you're making me wonder about that too. I can't picture him ever choosing to be turned, so it would never be something that he wanted . . . and would always be a burden . . . but perhaps a different sire might have prevented him from doing those "unimaginable things" that happened when he was first turned, that haunt him so. And if he had been sired by someone less manipulative, surely that would have made a big difference. ( I wonder if someone here has written a what-if story about that, giving Mick a different sire? I haven't come across one, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was such a story . . . )
maggatha3 wrote:Mick is more man/human than he thinks he is, after all.
He doesn't really seem to see it himself, but I think his interactions with Josh show that sooo strongly. ;)
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:rose: Hello Shadow... for so long I've been wanting to read your ' In Between' Series. I've been told how wonderful it is... and have to say that after reading the first two I'm so enthralled. Your writing is seamless, and just SO enjoyable.... your voice as the character, or simply as a narrative is so excellent, I can hear them speaking in my head. Which is such a testament to your writing honey... :heart: Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and your series with us. :flowers: I'm looking forward to reading more. :hug:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

It was so fantastic to get your comment, choccyterri! It's so great that you have heard good things about the In Between series . . . how awesome . . . and especially great that you are enjoying it! Hope you'll like the rest of the series too. Thanks SO much. :flowers:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Even after all this time, this still makes me tear up - Mick is just so vulnerable. In pain, alone, worried about the future, fearing what he may never have with Beth.

I loved the way you handled the aftermath of Mick being shot, both in terms of Beth leaving but waiting for Josef to arrive, and the physical toll it took on Mick - and Josef.

The only word I have for this is - perfect.

:clapping: :heart: :hearts:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

It's been soooo wonderful to see that you've been re-reading and commenting on every chapter . . . wow . . .

And I'm really glad you liked this idea of the aftermath of ep. 2 . . . . even though it had to fit to the beginning of the third episode, I simply couldn't bear to think that Beth could have possibly just walked away ..... :Mickangel:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Oh, Shadow, you have no idea how much I am enjoying this....again!!

You know, only in your In Between did I realise Mick had had such a close call!! Josef's fear was so pulpable. As was his admiration for Beth.

Now, give it to Mick to think of silver shots as a cure. :gasp: He has such strong issues with his vampiric existence ,it is absolutely logical he could feel like that.

Mick watching Beth through the cab window was painful even to me, he could no way go back to that, but at this point he did feel he would have to do just that. And it would be so hard, because his feelings for Beth are not only those of the protector. He already has romantic feelings for her, and his jealousy for Josh sharing intimacy with her is just heartbreaking, and not just for him. Damned vampire hearing! :witsend:

Still, the part of this In Between that still strikes me is where he hears Julia's words about Lee Jay and he feels as if Beth is talking about him.
"I trusted him. I thought I knew him. And then last night I saw what he’d been keeping secret from me. What he really was. I saw that he was a monster."
Such self torture is unthinkable.

Beth stayed, even if Mick told her he had called someone and she should not be there, but would she have stayed if she already knew more about the vampire enhanced abilities? I mean, she didn't know yet that she could be hidden but still a vamp could smell her... :chin:

Knowing how Elaine's story develops and what has happened in the past, Josef seems to be somewhat guilty for what has been done to her, though not as much as Mick who lays stress to her emotional torture.

My Sire :rose:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

maggatha3 wrote:Now, give it to Mick to think of silver shots as a cure. :gasp:
It was just way too easy to imagine him thinking that way . . . grabbing on to such an awful possibility even for an instant. It's the same sort of mindset that had him imagining Julia's words about Lee Jay as the way Beth thought about him. It's so great to know these things struck you!
maggatha3 wrote:Beth stayed, even if Mick told her he had called someone and she should not be there, but would she have stayed if she already knew more about the vampire enhanced abilities?
Oooh, good question. Actually I think she would have, no matter how inadvisable it might have been. She's not a cautious person, and I really can't picture her leaving Mick alone like that . . . .
maggatha3 wrote:Knowing how Elaine's story develops and what has happened in the past, Josef seems to be somewhat guilty for what has been done to her, though not as much as Mick who lays stress to her emotional torture.
Josef does indeed feel a little guilty about the whole thing . . . but not nearly so much as Mick.

I'm so very glad you are enjoying your little journey, Maggatha! :hyper2:
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

There was an angel hanging over his head.
I love this whole section! :flowers: The description of Josef's ceiling mural was fantastic, and very dream-like. I also liked seeing that Josef was so concerned about Mick. He truly acted like a step-sire: removing the bullets, watching over Mick, having Mick's apartment cleaned, having Mick's fridge filled... :hug:
“This Beth. I assume she’s the human who was hiding at the end of your hall last night?”
That sounds like Beth. :laugh: I'm sooo glad that you had Beth stick around until Josef showed up. I always found it hard to believe that she would have left Mick there, injured, scared, and alone.

I'm very curious about Elaine. :chin:

Thank you, Shadow. Well done! :rose: :hearts:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

I really like to think that Josef would have acted this way . . . ;)
And I couldn't believe either that Beth would have actually left Mick all alone, in spite of the way ep. 3 began!
Thanks so much, Marigold. :rose:
umbra amoris
Mortal

Post by umbra amoris »

I'm still amazed at how much these stories enhance the show. And I'm just amazed at the scene where Mick overhears Julia talking to the police about how Spaulding had kept secrets and she had no idea he was a monster. This brings out what Mick is feeling and thinking, but in such a natural way that it doesn't feel like an _explanation_.

And I can't believe anyone noticed the mural on Josef's ceiling, let alone manage to tie it in to the story. (Although I must admit I can draw the floorplan of Beth's apartment from memory, so perhaps it's just a matter of interest...)
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

umbra amoris wrote:I'm still amazed at how much these stories enhance the show. And I'm just amazed at the scene where Mick overhears Julia talking to the police about how Spaulding had kept secrets and she had no idea he was a monster. This brings out what Mick is feeling and thinking, but in such a natural way that it doesn't feel like an _explanation_.

And I can't believe anyone noticed the mural on Josef's ceiling, let alone manage to tie it in to the story. (Although I must admit I can draw the floorplan of Beth's apartment from memory, so perhaps it's just a matter of interest...)

I'm ever so pleased that you liked the parallel scene in which Julia was talking to the police. It was easy to imagine her saying such a thing, and it was nice to be able to use that to bring out Mick's thoughts.

Hmm, maybe it is not so strange that you didn't notice Josef's ceiling mural, since I don't think it actually shows up vividly in the show until episode 7. Or perhaps not even at all until episode 7; I don't remember seeing it before then. (Although of course it is only natural that you would be more aware of Beth and her surroundings than of anything else!)
Still, I will be interested to see if the mural makes an impression as you progress through the episodes.....

There is actually a whole thread about Josef's mural here on the site, with a very interesting interview with the artist.

Return to “In Between”