A place for Tam's G to PG-13 stories
Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

Aurora (Josef/Sarah; G) 2009

Post by Tam »

Characters : Josef / Sarah
Rating : G
Spoilers : Ep 10 of Moonlight, season 1
Summary : Character musing – Josef visits Sarah.
First posted : ff.net, March 2009

Disclaimer: The characters are not mine, no money is being made and no infringement is intended.

Aurora
Josef sat by the open window, his head resting in his hand. Nightfall had brought winter’s chill and the cold had induced sleep. He did not wake until a breeze blew his newspaper off his lap, sending it flying through the room like a confused bird trapped indoors. He shook awake with a start, blinking until he recognised the room he was in, his eyes immediately flying to the bed. Parts of the newspaper had landed on the sheets, and the draught had blown Sarah’s hair out of its arrangement on the pillow. Her lips were blue. Josef swallowed, got up, and quickly closed the window. Sarah’s IV needed to be changed.

Cursing himself for falling asleep, Josef retrieved a fresh bag of blood from the cooler and attached the infusion line to the catheter in the crook of Sarah’s arm. He stared at the slow drip until he saw the blood enter through her skin and her exposed vein and her lips turned back to their normal hue, her cheeks filling with a rosy pink. He took one of her hands. It was cold as ice, and he rubbed it, massaging blood circulation back into her fingers. He looked up to her face, and reached up to brush the hair from her face with his hand. His fingers caught in the curls, and he pulled his hand away carefully, frowning. Then he got up and walked to the bedside table and opened the drawer. He took out a hairbrush with an ornamental silver handle, and put it on the table.

He sat down next to Sarah, and carefully took her by the shoulder, lifting her enough to slip his arm around her, and pulled her up to a sitting position, supporting her head with his other hand. Holding her up, he sat down behind her against the head of the bed, both his legs on one side of the mattress, and he pulled her back against his chest, resting her head on his shoulder. Sarah remained impassive, her arms hanging down bonelessly like a ragdoll’s. Josef briefly closed his eyes before opening them again and reaching out to take up the hairbrush. He ran it through her hair carefully, with long, deliberate strokes, disentangling the disarranged curls, repeating the hypnotic and soothing movement over and over, not ending after the snags were out, further smoothing down the soft auburn hair, making it shine.

Finally, Josef lowered the brush and pressed a kiss to the top of her head. He closed his eyes again, inhaling her scent. She was heavy against him. Josef slowly ran his fingers down her naked arm. The vein transporting the fresh blood to her heart was bright against her almost translucent skin. He ran his hand back up to her shoulder, brushing against the grain of the small downy hairs on her arm, smiling at the tickling resistance against his fingers. She was so beautiful, so perfect. And yet, he could not remember the sound of her voice, or the taste of her kisses. He looked down on her, lifted her chin with a finger, and bent down to press a kiss onto her cold lips.

Sarah did not move. There was no enchantment to break, no fairytale ending to this story. Josef closed his eyes tightly, forbidding any tears to fall, and kissed her again, pressing harder, willing her to react to him, begging her with his lips. His canines burned through his gums, drawing out, and cut into the cold, impassive flesh of Sarah’s lips, and drops of blood slowly pearled on the skin. Josef licked them away, tasting the borrowed blood from the transfusion. The cuts healed before his eyes, her lips perfect and whole again.

He cupped her head in his hand, carefully lowering her to the bed again as he shifted off the mattress, arranging her back the way she was, spreading her hair out on her pillow. He gave her a last, sad look and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. He walked up to the kitchen of the house.
”I have to go, Paula,” he announced to Sarah’s day nurse.
”You have a safe trip then, Mr Fitzgerald,” the nurse said kindly, getting up from her seat. “I’ll take care of her.”

Josef nodded, offering her what he hoped was an encouraging smile, and left for Los Angeles.
jen
Cleaner

Re: Aurora (Josef/Sarah; G) 2009

Post by jen »

So heartbreaking.

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

:Mickangel:

I love this story. I've read it a few times before on another site, yet it still gets me every time.

Thank you, Tam! Well done! :flowers: :hearts:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, man... I had never seen this. Poor Josef. And poor Sarah!!! :Mickangel:

Return to “Tam's Office”