Frozen Tears (Mick/Coraline/Josef; PG-13) 2009

A place for Tam's G to PG-13 stories
Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

Frozen Tears (Mick/Coraline/Josef; PG-13) 2009

Post by Tam »

Rating : PG-13
Spoilers : Ep 1-2 of Moonlight, season 1
Summary : Character musing : The night after Mick leaves Coraline in the fire. Implied slash for the so-inclined minds.
First posted : ff.net, December 2009

Disclaimer: The characters are not mine, no money is being made and no infringement is intended.
Frozen Tears

The stake slid in easily. Its ragged point passed between her ribs, and he stared into her eyes as it pierced her heart. He was on top of her. Briefly, he had seen the gleam of lust in her eyes. She had bit him, they had kissed in a clash of fangs and passion, but Mick refused to be tempted, not again, not at the cost of a child's life. She thought she had won as he straddled her- but she had been wrong. She saw him reach for the splintered wood and started to struggle, but fear made her weak and anger and fury made him stronger. He plunged the stake into her chest. As she froze beneath him, her eyes opened wide in horror, for a moment Mick felt like he too was paralysed. He had staked his wife. Then he was up and in action, forcing away his fangs and his vampire eyes, and picking up the child that was huddled in a far corner of the room.
Without conscious thought, he set fire to the room. He was numb, adrenaline blocking the pain of the healing bite and the scratches on his face. He didn't feel anything, didn't hear or see anything- until a piercing scream and a loud crash made him spin around.
He must have missed the heart- or perhaps the treacherous flames had consumed the wood faster than her body. The stake was gone, and Coraline had launched herself at the door, pounding against the glass, screaming for him. He looked back at her in horror. Part of him wanted to drop the child and rush to her, but he knew it was too late. Her dress caught fire. Her hair burned, curling up and singing, melting against the side of her face, blistering her skin. She seemed to shrink. The smoke reached his nostrils and he turned away. He could not bear it. He pressed the warm body against his chest, focusing on the raging heartbeat of the little girl, and ran.

Mick turned, groaning.

The stake- it slid in easily. Coraline stared up at him. The fire whooshed. WHAM. She flew up against the door, hammering against the fortified glass with her fists, screaming his name. He screamed back, his voice filled with loss and hurt and regret. She didn't hear him. Her eyes closed and she slid down out of sight, into the flames. He screamed again, hoping she would rise. Coraline. Coraline. CORALINE!

"Shhh...shhh...Mick, it's over. It's over. She's gone." Josef's voice whispered into his ears, filling the inside of the freezer. There were no flames, just blissful cold and a strong embrace, holding him. Mick stopped thrashing and leaned into the hard body that lay against his in the narrow freezer, panting and clutching his friend for dear life. His eyes were shut tightly, but even so, he could not stop the tears that rolled down his face, prickling as they froze, like crystals, on his cheekbones. Josef looked down on him, his eyes gleaming in the darkness, silently hoping he could forgive Mick for killing one of his oldest friends.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Frozen Tears (Mick/Coraline/Josef; PG-13) 2009

Post by francis »

So Josef is there for Mick, comforting him in his nightmares, but still moaning Coraline? What a great scenario that would be. How did they become or better stay so great friends, then? But as Josef always has an agenda, it would totally work.
Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Tam »

francis wrote:How did they become or better stay so great friends, then?
I think Josef does feel sorry Coraline is 'dead' (the pensive look he gives Beth in ep 9 as she asks about it seems to imply that to me) so I assumed that on the very first night after Mick 'kills' her, Josef would be upset about it. Still- he is there for his friend and will give her demise a place in his past, like everything he can't change,and look forward again (together with his friend).

Just my thoughts :) I have one more ficlet about the friendship between Josef/Cora...as I am slowly reposting everything here that one should also appear soon.
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

It would also be interesting to explore HOW Coraline survived that fire. It is plausible with your idea that the stake didn't quite pierce the heart. But I always wondered how she survived. We got a snipplet of possibility when Lance recuperated from his burning hand, but this was not explained in the depth it deserved. I love your take on many of these questions the show left, Tam. Your muse is very interesting. :clapping:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris

Return to “Tam's Office”