Tribute to fanvid 'Vienna' (Mick/Josef slash, PG13)

A place for Tam's G to PG-13 stories
Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

Tribute to fanvid 'Vienna' (Mick/Josef slash, PG13)

Post by Tam »

Author's comment: Inspired by Emerald's fanvideo Vienna...the complicated relationship between Mick and Josef. Please watch the video! (It will make more sense if you do)

Characters: Mick, Josef
Rating: PG13 (slash)
Spoilers: Ep 1-16 of Moonlight, season 1
First posted: right here, right now

Disclaimer: The characters are not mine, no money is being made and no infringement is intended.
Vienna
Click.
The zippo snapped open, the lighter springing to life again, lighting the room and Mick’s silhouette. He could feel the heat coming from the small flame, his senses warning him. The bright light hurt his eyes as he stared into it directly, his sensitive vampire vision blurring.

Click.
The light went out, but bright spots still danced in front of Mick’s eyes. The more he watched them, the more they slipped from his reach, shifting into familiar shapes, images, rehashed memories.
Click.

“So this is how it’s going to be from now on,” Josef said softly, directing his words at Mick’s back. Mick’s shoulders sagged, and he sighed.
“Yeah.” Mick couldn’t make himself turn around and face his friend. He had told Josef about Beth, the girl he had protected since his wife kidnapped her, the woman she had become- and that he was in love with her. Thoughts of her had made him pull away from his lover’s arms. The disappointment in his friend’s voice was almost too much to bear.

Click.
Mick recalled every fight they had. He stared into the flames to bring back the pain. It was easier to pretend his eyes are tearing up because of the fire.

“I want you to move out. I can’t do this any more.”
Josef had just nodded. “I’ll get my stuff and stay out of your way,” he agreed. He wasn’t even putting up a fight. It was uncharacteristic of him. Mick was at a loss for words, taking a few steps towards his friend, but Josef refused to look at him. Mick gave up, and started towards the stairs.
“It doesn’t have to be tonight,” he offered, needing to soften the blow. He wasn’t sure if Josef heard it.

Click.
When Mick returned from his freezer, Josef was gone. Mick drove all night, not knowing where he was going. Josef could be anywhere. When Mick found his car parked outside a club, he stayed out all night, watching the door. Josef didn’t come out before dawn.

Click.
The weeks that followed, all Mick would do was watch. Watch his friend be celebrated in public, vibrant, alive, looking if nothing was wrong. It hurt. The sparse talks in his office were filled with quips and barbs- never enough to maim, but enough to sting, teasing, tempting. Until Mick couldn’t take it any more, and went to see him. It was inevitable- they crashed into each other, Josef just as needy as he was, maybe even more. The feel of his friend’s body pressed against him, his scent, his glittering fangs hovering over his skin – all of it was too familiar and only steeled Mick’s resolve. It had to end, completely, no more jokes, no more unspoken invitations. He demanded that Josef release him, and for a fraction of a second, he was afraid he wouldn’t. He was just as afraid he would.

Click.
Mick frowned, glancing at the dedication on the first page of the book Josef had given him so long ago. It had been a private joke. It was made out to ‘the man of la Mancha’- Josef’s personal endearment for him, written in a sloppy, looped script. He knew how it was meant, but now it irritated him. Fighting windmills, was he? Mick threw the book across the room. Maybe it hurt because Josef was right. Maybe, in the end, he was fighting a losing battle. But that didn’t make it less infuriating to have it rubbed into his face.

Click.
He wasn’t the only one keeping secrets. Loving someone else. All the time Josef had told him to say away from humans, he had kept his mortal mistress hidden, suspended between life and death. Mick had seen the heartbreak on Josef’s face as he looked at Sarah.

Click.
Mick thought of all the talks they had had. All the times Josef had helped him, talked to him, calmed him down with his soothing voice and the wisdom behind his youthful appearance. All of that time, he had been a hypocrite, passing on advice he never used for himself.

They had fought- about Beth, and Mick’s sense of justice. About Mick’s future. Their future. Josef had tried to reason with him, but every time his words hit the core, Mick retreated further, seeking the simplicity of Beth’s hero-worshipping love.

Click.

“The fact remains that she hardly knows you, Mick. Not like I know you.”
Mick averted his head, frowning .
“Can she give you what you need?” He smiled at Mick knowingly.
Mick looked back at Josef, working his jaw. It was unfair.

“…and I am not going to be the one to tell her how to tap into your kinks, Mick. Not even when she asks nicely.”
Mick raised his hands, exasperatedly. They had had this conversation too many times. “I told you, I don’t need-”
Josef growled, throwing him across the room like he weighed nothing and pinning him against the wall. “You don’t need what? You don’t need this? You don’t need me?” Josef accentuated every word with a sharp thrust of his hips, grinding his pelvis against Mick’s.
“No,” Mick panted harshly, struggling out of Josef’s grip.

Click.

“This means nothing to me. Do you hear me?” he said hoarsely. He grabbed Josef’s lapels, pulling him close. “This means nothing to me.” He wasn’t sure if he was trying to convince Josef, or himself.
“Mick…” Josef pleaded, and the look on his face was enough to melt any resolve. Mick couldn’t do it. He couldn’t send him away, not like this, not after all this time. Not when Josef dropped all of his guards and gave himself completely, begging him, without words, not to reject him. Mick bared his throat, peace offering, apology and confession wrapped up in one- I need you. And Josef was right- Beth could not give him this; the expertly calculated ratio of pleasure to pain, the absolution, the connection in their blood, between their souls. With Coraline gone, only Josef could give him this. Only he knew what Mick was capable of, and did not judge him for it.

Click.

And there it was. Mick would always come back to him, no matter how often they fought, and Josef knew it. His indulgent smile when he greeted him the next day both enraged and excited Mick. The zippo rested in a pocket of his coat- Mick curled his hand around it as he stepped inside. This means nothing to me, he reminded himself, yet he could not help but smile softly as Josef buttoned up his shirt, his face slightly flushed from the fresh blood they had shared, and said: “You’d better hurry. Beth will be home soon.”
Emerald
Sire

Re: Tribute to fanvid 'Vienna' (Mick/Josef slash, PG13)

Post by Emerald »

I'm so honoured that you wanted to do a story to my Fanvid, and this was gorgeous. It's interesting to see my ideas fleshed out on paper, I always have a loose story associated with these videos, but a lot is open to interpretation. Sorry If I'm not being very articulate at the moment, I've only just woken up. :rose:
"Vampires are outside the realms of human constructed notions of sexuality"

I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be

Queen of the Jock (Josef/Mick) Shippers
Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: Tribute to fanvid 'Vienna' (Mick/Josef slash, PG13)

Post by Tam »

:) It was my pleasure entirely. It was very weird inserting 'new' dialogue to the scenes we know so very well, but it was a challenge! I had fun writing it :)

Return to “Tam's Office”