His Blood (PG-13) Mick's wedding night from an unusual POV

A place for Francis' G to PG-13 stories
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

His Blood (PG-13) Mick's wedding night from an unusual POV

Post by francis »

Disclaimer: I don’t own Moonlight, but I don’t make money out of this, so don’t sue me.

This is Mick’s wedding night, written from the point of view of Mick’s blood.

She longed for me since she first saw him at that dreaded Hollywood party. I felt it deep inside how much she wanted me, and I trembled. He didn’t know why he was so anxious about her, when clearly lust dominated his every thought while looking at her. He didn’t know that I knew. I knew she would take me.

Whenever he reached out for her, frustrated, denied and defeated, crashing into her like waves to the pier, while she played him by withdrawing, enticing, insinuating, her blood sang to me. It sang of eternity, of communion, of passion. And part of me wanted it. And part of me hated myself for wanting it.

I knew she was a monster from the beginning, vile and base on the inside, powerful and gorgeous on the outside, but he never would have believed if I had told him. I tried once, and he drank himself into a stupor to hush me.

Then came the night she couldn’t deny herself any longer. She had coupled with him a couple of times, but always held back. I could smell it in her blood that she never deployed the whole extend of her passion with him. She didn’t dare.

Tonight was different. She didn’t hold back any more. She wanted him for eternity, and now she thought she had him.
She attacked his lips, his body, ripped his shirt, and he didn’t know what hit him. He was excited and aroused and thrilled by her antics, and then confused and repulsed, and then, when she bit down, terrified. He struggled a lot. That’s why so much of me is now tainting the sheets, the pillow, his already healed neck, his shirt.

She hates herself now for wasting such a big part of me. She looks at me and remembers my taste and thrills in the feel of my texture, and regrets that there is no more. There will never be the untainted essence of Mick anymore, it is gone. Now he is tainted by her blood.

The bigger part of me is now part of her. I mingle with her vampire blood, and a fight is raging inside of her. Her blood tries to absorb me. I try to keep my dignity, my independence, my humanity.

Suddenly I realize that she is crying. Her blood tastes of regret and fury. She just noticed that I absorbed her, too. She cannot resist it. Mick’s essence is filling her; his conscience, his kindness, his utter honesty and straightness is making her blood boil with repulsion. She didn’t realize that a turning changes the sire, too. Irrevocably. And somehow, this, the eternal communion and damnation, will change them both, balancing their personalities in a way they both will hate.

I feel proud for doing this to her. It is the last vengeance there is for killing him.
sleo
Kostan Industries intern

Re: His Blood (PG-13) Mick's wedding night from an unusual POV

Post by sleo »

Wow! What a way to look at the whole thing. Psychologically it's powerful stuff, as it shows Mick's unconscious complicity in the turning..... I see why it's your fav...
by Andzia Designs
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, sleo. It just came to me one day during a walk.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

This is another of my very favourite ML stories. I so want to come back for a proper re-read and comment (I will, I promise) - I just need to see about making some more hours in the day...

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, red. I haven't seen your comment. :o
I need another day in the week, Fanficday, in between Saturday and Sunday.
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

This is very powerful and intense! Very unique POV!! I loved it!!!! Your writing and creativity are amazing!! Bravo!

mitzie
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, mitzie. :oops:
rijane
Freelance freshie

Post by rijane »

Oh francis! I don't know how the hell this one got away from me! I spotted your favourite line in the other thread and I completely agree:
francis wrote:She looks at me and remembers my taste and thrills in the feel of my texture, and regrets that there is no more. There will never be the untainted essence of Mick anymore, it is gone. Now he is tainted by her blood.
That is just powerful in its assessment of Coraline, of Mick, of the entire situation.

This perspective is so unexpected and solid! I love the idea of Mick's blood knowing the truth and that it must be hushed.

And, while we're naming favourite bits, I'd like to add this to the mix:
francis wrote:Whenever he reached out for her, frustrated, denied and defeated, crashing into her like waves to the pier, while she played him by withdrawing, enticing, insinuating, her blood sang to me. It sang of eternity, of communion, of passion. And part of me wanted it. And part of me hated myself for wanting it.
The image of the sea in its power, its strength, its beauty, its inevitability and its song... Mmmmmm. That is just a beautiful metaphor.

Great, great work here, francis. You should be amazingly proud of this piece.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you so much, Rijane. Knowing you as a spectacular writer, I'm incredibly proud that you liked it so much. :hug:
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

I love this one so much that I just re-read it again! It seems even more powerful and intense than the first time I read it!!!! :gasp: I feel that this is my favorite of your one-shot stories, it is just simply amazingly creative and packs a real punch!!!! :weights: Love, love, love this story... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :Mickangel: :sigh: :devil: :angel: :heart: :hearts: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :worship: :rose:

mitzie :mooncat:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

:heart: :hearts: :rose: :hug: :wave: :hyper2: :happysigh:

:biggrin:
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

I knew she would take me.
That line sent shivers down my spine francis.

You know, I wasn't quite sure how this premise would work in a fic, but I think you pulled it off. There is always something deeper, something thoughtful in your fics francis, and here it is the notion that the turning is a two way street - that just as Mick is being changed by Coraline's blood, she also is being changed by his.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Oh, Francis! This is stunning. Truly gushworthy!

Was it truly Mick's influence in Coraline that wrought these changes in her. Her pursuit of the cure, her actions that seemed laudible but that Mick and Josef seemed to dismiss without any problem.

Wonderful, wonderful fic.!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, jen and Luxe, for your comment. I truly appreciate it. :heart:
ash
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Trying juggle, homework, uni, a social life, rp and writing things that get stuck in my head. Tough

Post by ash »

I see to have missed this one too. Awesome idea. Very interesting

Return to “Francis' Office”