China In Your Hands (PG-13) - relocation challenge #101

A place for Francis' G to PG-13 stories
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: China In Your Hands (PG-13) - relocation challenge #101

Post by francis »

Thank you, Jen. I often find nice stories by chance.

Thank you, Starbucksjunkie. The price is high, at least Mick thinks so.
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

This was really nice, francis. I was led here by the first anniversary wishes of this site, so how wonderful that I got the gift!

Like everyone else said, the last lines were perfect. Good job!
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, moonlighter. Your comment is a gift, too. :flowers:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

francis wrote:She shivered. „Would you take me with you?“ Her voice was wistful, longing. Almost pleading.

He choked up. She was the one he could never leave behind. And she wouldn’t want to be left. Tears in his eyes, he nodded.

He hadn’t expected to have such an epiphany today. But apart from Josef, Guillermo and maybe half a dozen other vamps, he didn’t have ties to anybody in this world. And now there was Beth. She made him want to be someone, made him want to live.

And he realized, he might be immortal, almost indestructable, and hiding in the shadows. But she was holding his identity, his person. He was nothing without her, just an empty shell. His life was china in her hands, delicate, breakable. Nothing could hurt him anymore, except for her.

Beth was his lifeline. He hadn’t really lost his soul after all.
He had relocated his soul into her.
She was his home.
What a beautiful , touching story...from Mick's past all the way to his future. I guess you brought a new sense to the word ''relocation'', francis. And how wonderful that he had had this powerful and meaningful epiphany that day, it would make a whole new Mick to live on...
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

Oh francis that was just beautiful.

From Mick facing Bobby's funeral to realising he had someone so special in his life, it was perfect.

It must have been wonderful for Mick to have had Bobby around for so long someone other than a vampire that he could connect to. He has seen so much and lost so many over the years but the one connection he has is Josef and seems he would never have thought that at the start. Or that he would have a woman like Beth either. No way he would ever leave her behind :ghug:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

francis - I don't think I ever read this at least I don't see a comment. I always loved the relationship between Mick & Bobby. He really was one of the few long term non vampire ties he could keep. He can relocate to China as long as he has Beth he'll be home.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, cassy, and maggatha, and Sharon. I have neglected answering you and thanking you for your comment. :hug:
BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

What a beautiful story brought tears to my eyes. Yes vampires are indeed cursed some just cope better than others.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, BEM! It's a sad life, in a way. At least now Mick has Beth. :hug:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I found a story new to me! What a beautiful relocation for Mick. From his past to a new future, and realizing his soul had moved into Beth's. What a touching ending! :cloud9:

You put a lot of thought into this, Francis, and all these years later, I want to say thank you for sharing this with us.

:flowers: :ghug:
Last edited by MickLifeCrisis on Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

Guess I missed this one. It choked me up...haven’t lost my fascination with MickBeth. Never will I guess. Thank you.
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I'm so glad this popped back up to the top. It's such a beautiful story, and it really captures the things I loved most about Moonlight--the wistfulness and sadness, and the little sparks of hope and love that made life worth living for Mick. :heart: I love the way you used the relocation theme, francis. It had so many layers of meaning, and the ending was just heart-melting. :happysigh: :notworthy:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Oh my, I can hardly believe I wrote this. After all these years I didn't remember much of this story and read it again and now I want to watch Moonlight again. Thank you for popping this up.

Return to “Francis' Office”