SB 16 - Relocating (Mick's POV) (PG-13) (the end)

diane31
Fledgling

Re: SB 16 - Relocating (Mick's POV) (PG-13) (the end)

Post by diane31 »

Wow Francis, it is such an emotional experience to get into their minds in this way. Especially on such a moving and turning-point episode - no pun intended (ok, granted, a third of our ML episodes at the very least could be described as "turning points", but still). This was one of the most emotional endings ever, and I'll never forget how elated, hurt, frustrated and excited I felt - and feel everytime I revisit it. To finally see Mick take a chance only to get hurt like this is just unbearable. And it's so fascinating to see your take on it! For one thing, it never hit me that Mick could have interpreted Beth's question about the cure to be about Sarah. I always wondered "why isn't he getting worried at this point and tries to reassure her? Why does he act like the cure doesn't matter all that much? Can't he see where this is heading?" But lost on cloud number 9 as he is for the first, brief, few minutes of true happiness he's had in decades, no he doesn't... Beth has just mentioned Sarah, so he's thinking in that direction and misses the bigger picture. That's why he just doesn't realise what's going through her head... that makes sense now.
francis wrote:Fleur, that's a huge compliment for a writer if I ever heard one. :hug:
I agree, there is stuff out there that I can picture while reading and I think I have seen the scene somewhere. Even for the after Sonata stuff, especially for that. I sometimes watch my DVD and wonder where Eris' Lucy is, or Catmoon's Shane, or Phoenix' Emma, or Librarian's Lucky. They become real after a while.
I am sure that there is a universe someplace where every fictional thing ever dreamed about is real. Some may be blurry, because they haven't been explored a lot, but some are very very real. Like Mick St. John.
I'm almost as moved by your comment as by your story itself... yeah, Moonlight fans' hearts feel alike... I don't think I realised it before Alex said it, but he was so right, they are real to us. I think of them as existing through us at least, through us identifying with them and feeling their emotions as we watch, tell our read their stories... And of course as far as Mick, Beth, Josef... are concerned, through Alex, Sophia, Jason... when they were still making new eps. What I wouldn't give for there to be even more than that, like, a vamp-friendly matrix or Caprica-style-holodec or something. Maybe some day. In the meantime, it's all up to us to keep loving them into existence.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you for your comment, diane. You made my day.
I believe.
I believe.
I believe.
:heart:
susieb
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by susieb »

I'm just beginning to read fanfic and arrived here thanks to the recommendations in the Library. And I am so glad I did. SB is one of my faves and you've captured so much of what was not on screen.
diane31 wrote:Wow Francis, it is such an emotional experience to get into their minds in this way. Especially on such a moving and turning-point episode... This was one of the most emotional endings ever, and I'll never forget how elated, hurt, frustrated and excited I felt - and feel everytime I revisit it. To finally see Mick take a chance only to get hurt like this is just unbearable.
ITA and love how you've captured Josef in this series of your stories. BRAVO. I feel a greedy need to devour more of your stories.
Susie

Sometimes the past doesn't catch up with you, it haunts you.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, susieb. :heart:
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

I saw this pop up on the active topics so I thought I'd read it again. Wonderful glimpse into Mick! :hearts: Thanks!
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, helloeeze. I totally forgot to thank you properly.
I'm glad you liked it. :heart:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

I hate-hate-hate her, I hate Beth all over again..He held his heart in his hands and offered it to her and she ...she just staked him! :witsend:

Great writing, francis!
Thank you!
:flowers:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Don't be so hard on her, maggatha. She is confused. I could write the whole story from her POV again.
Thank you for reading and commenting on every chapter. It means a lot to me. :smooch: :hearts:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

francis wrote:Don't be so hard on her, maggatha. She is confused. I could write the whole story from her POV again.Thank you for reading and commenting on every chapter. It means a lot to me. :smooch: :hearts:
Yeah, you are of course right, francis...and it would be great to see Beth's point of view in those last minutes of SB... :pray:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

Wonderful story Funny never watch the end of SB up until the taxi scene it is one of my favorites. But the end just makes me crazy I want to hug Mick adn drag Beth out the window of the cab and slap her ... your story gave me that feeling it was so engrossing like watch an extended episode.

Love the switch of POV from Mick and Josef so well done. :twothumbs:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, BEM. It's so nice when something old comes back up. I'm happy you enjoyed my story. :flowers:

Return to “Sleeping Beauty Revisited”