Best Wishes, G, Champagne Challenge #159

A place for LaughtersMelody's G to PG-13 stories
LaughtersMelody
Freelance freshie

Best Wishes, G, Champagne Challenge #159

Post by LaughtersMelody »

Title: Best Wishes
Rating: G
Disclaimer: I do not own Moonlight, nor am I making any money from this, though I'm certainly having fun playing with the characters. No infringement intended.
Warnings: None in this one.
Summary: She never did figure out what had bothered her father so much about the man she’d talked to at her wedding.

A/N: Written for Champagne Challenge #159: Seven Lines, Seven Sentences. I wound up inspired to explore a little more about the St.John family, and Mick's brother, Andrew. :blinksmile: If you want to read more about Andrew, he's in my other seven-sentence fic, Elegy, and he's also mentioned in my older one-shot, Blood Ties. Lisa, Andrew's daughter, appears again in Namesake.

The third sentence in this fic is a long sentence, lol, but it's grammatically correct.

As always, I thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who is the source of all inspiration.

~*~*~*~*~

Best Wishes

“Congratulations, Lisa,” someone said behind her, the words soft.

“Thank you,” she answered warmly, turning her head to see who had spoken - she couldn’t quite place his voice, though it was somehow familiar - but the edge of her wedding veil blocked her view, shrouding the man in a haze of gauzy white.

She smiled apologetically and pushed the veil aside, but by the time she’d done so, the man was already walking away, weaving through the crowd towards the doors of the church; Lisa frowned in disappointment, and that frown only deepened when she spotted her father standing nearby - no one would have denied that Andrew St. John looked pale as his gaze followed the man’s retreating figure.

“Dad, what is it?”

“It’s…it’s nothing, I promise - I guess I just can’t help thinking about your Uncle Mick today, that’s all.”

“I wish that I remembered him better…and that he could have been here.”

“Yeah,” her father agreed slowly, still staring in the direction that the man had gone, “yeah, me too.”

Fin

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: I hope you enjoyed it and please let me know what you think! :blinksmile:

-Laughter
Last edited by LaughtersMelody on Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:26 am, edited 5 times in total.

My Fanfiction Office.

Jesus is Lord.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Best Wishes, G, Champagne Challenge #159

Post by allegrita »

I love the idea that he might have popped in from time to time. :hearts: Thanks, Laughter! :rose:
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

I really like how you show Mick doing the same thing with his family than he later did with Beth. It makes a lot of sense that he would do that, even if he felt he had to disappear out of their lives for their sake - or that of his new community! - I can't imagine him resisting the temptation to find out what happens to them, check on them, watch them be happy when he knew they would be. And of course he'd take advantage of his skills to chance getting a bit too close for safety sometime...

Thank you for sharing these! :rose:
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

What a poignant piece. You paint a scene of wonderful happiness touched with a tinge of melancholy. It works.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo

Return to “LaughtersMelody's Office”