Namesake, G, Champagne Challenge #159

A place for LaughtersMelody's G to PG-13 stories
LaughtersMelody
Freelance freshie

Namesake, G, Champagne Challenge #159

Post by LaughtersMelody »

Title: Namesake
Rating: G
Disclaimer: I do not own Moonlight, nor am I making any money from this, though I'm certainly having fun playing with the characters. No infringement intended.
Warnings: None in this one.
Summary: She didn’t remember her uncle very well, but she’d wanted him to have a living legacy all the same.

A/N: Written for Champagne Challenge #159: Seven Lines, Seven Sentences. I wound up inspired to explore a little more about the St John family, and Mick's brother, Andrew. :blinksmile: If you want to read more about him, he's in my other seven-sentence fic, Elegy, and he's also mentioned in my older one-shot, Bloodties. His daughter, Lisa, is also in my other seven-sentence fic, Best Wishes.

As always, I thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who is the source of all inspiration.

~*~*~*~*~

Namesake

“Mama, who’s this?” her little boy asked, holding up a worn photo that had yellowed slightly with age, his fingers tightening around it.

Lisa smiled at his curiosity and carefully took the photo from her son’s eager hands.

“That,” she said, pointing to the man in the blue pinstriped suit, “is your Great-Uncle Mick on his wedding day. You’re named after Uncle Mick, Michael, did you know that?”

The five-year-old shook his head, his eyes wide with amazement as he peered at the picture again, and Lisa felt her smile slowly fade - she’d been even younger than her son was now when Uncle Mick and his wife had disappeared without a trace, and it had happened the same night that photo was taken.

Her grandparents had never quite recovered from the loss, and neither had her father; it haunted them, no matter how many years had passed.

She stared at the smiling photo of her uncle for a moment longer, then gently replaced it in the worn album and pulled her son into a hug, keeping her arms around the energetic five-year-old as long as he could stand.

Fin

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: I hope you enjoyed it and please let me know what you think! :blinksmile:

-Laughter
Last edited by LaughtersMelody on Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

My Fanfiction Office.

Jesus is Lord.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Namesake, G, Champagne Challenge #159

Post by allegrita »

I'm so glad you're exploring Mick's family! This is lovely. It kinda makes me think about Lilah and Robert, too! There are so many wonderful parallels in Moonlight. :heart:

Return to “LaughtersMelody's Office”