Visiting Hours, G, Champagne Challenge #159

A place for LaughtersMelody's G to PG-13 stories
LaughtersMelody
Freelance freshie

Visiting Hours, G, Champagne Challenge #159

Post by LaughtersMelody »

Title: Visiting Hours
Rating: G
Disclaimer: I do not own Moonlight, nor am I making any money from this, though I'm certainly having fun playing with the characters. No infringement intended.
Warnings: None in this one.
Summary: Debbie met a lot of interesting people as a nurse, but for some reason, she never forgot that dark-haired woman.

A/N: Written for Champagne Challenge #159: Seven Lines, Seven Sentences.

As always, I thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who is the source of all inspiration.

~*~*~*~*~

Visiting Hours

She tried not to eavesdrop on the job, really, she did, but people talked to the patients, and sometimes, she overheard things she wasn’t supposed to - like the fact that the man in room 314 had run off with another woman twenty years ago, and his wife hadn’t ever really forgiven him for it.

So, figuring that discretion was the better part of valor, Debbie usually tried to pretend that she was totally oblivious, but right now, she just couldn’t, because the patient in room 316 sounded upset, really upset, and considering that the eighty-seven-year-old was barely aware most of the time, that said something.

Debbie peered around the corner to see what was going on, and was surprised to find a beautiful woman with dark hair sitting in the chair beside the patient’s bed, talking.

“I didn’t do it to hurt him,” she was saying, “I tried to make him happy, honestly, I did…and well, I suppose after the fire, I just wanted to talk to someone who knew him from before.”

The elderly woman in the bed looked like she’d seen a ghost - white as the sheets she was laying in - and she was staring at the woman with wide eyes, stuttering, “Y-you…m-my son…”

“Ma’am,” Debbie spoke up, knowing that she had to intervene before the poor woman had a stroke or something, “I’m sorry, but I have to ask you to leave - you’re disturbing Mrs. St. John.”

“That's alright,” the other woman answered, standing up with a sigh and heading for the door, “she never did like me much anyway.”

Fin

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Thank you for reading, and of course, please let me know what you think! :blinksmile:

-Laughter
Last edited by LaughtersMelody on Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Fanfiction Office.

Jesus is Lord.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Visiting Hours, G, Champagne Challenge #159

Post by allegrita »

Ooooh... poor Mrs. St. John! :eek2: Talk about a blast from the past. I wonder how much Coraline told her?! :gasp:

At least she seems to have healed pretty quickly since the fire. She and Lance have that ability, obviously. I wonder if Mick does, too? :chin:

I can somehow see Coraline doing this... especially since Mick's mother is obviously very old and infirm, probably if she did say anything, nobody would believe her. But wow--what a hard thing for a mother to hear. :sigh:

That last line sounds SO much like "Morgan"!! :clapping:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I can really imagine Coraline doing this too. Great answer to the challenge
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

Oh Gosh! If Mick knew she'd done this to his mother to top it all, he'd surely kill her a second time! Poor old woman! If at least she got to see Mick after finding out the truth, but she's just trapped in her bed... :Mickangel:

And yes, that last line sounds so much like Coraline!

:thumbs:

Return to “LaughtersMelody's Office”