ML Locations: Episode 4 - Fever

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

ML Locations: Episode 4 - Fever

Post by Lilly »

Moonlight Locations: Fever

This is one of the episodes where a good deal of the location information is unavailable. I was not able to get to any of these locations myself, so there are still a number of blanks that need to be filled in.

Updated 9/4/2009: Two more locations have been added - the safe house/alley and Jack Toland's house.
Updated 6/24/2010: Added info on Amir Fayed's house

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Safe House, interior

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2. Safe House , exterior and alleyway - the safe house is the Palmer Building at 6362 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA and the alley is behind the building at approximately 1668 Cosmo St., Los Angeles, CA.

Google Earth street view of the alley...

View looking out from the alley to across Cosmo Street:

Google earth view...

3. Street scene - 1900 block of Carmen Avenue, Los Angeles, CA

Google earth street view ....

4. Jack Toland’s house - 1900 block of Carmen Avenue, Los Angeles, CA

Google earth street view...

On the show, the address given for Toland's house is on Dalton Avenue.

5. Diner/ Bus Stop in VictorvilleFour Aces Movie Location, 14499 E. Avenue Q, Palmdale, CA 93591 (E. 145th Street and Avenue Q, 5 miles east of Palmdale)
Link: Website Link: Diner stills

(image from Four Aces location website)

This location is actually about 25 miles west of Victorville.

6. Josh's office -- Warner Bros. Studios - Soundstage ?

The fly-in shows Los Angeles City Hall.

7. Fayed’s HouseChapter House for the American Red Cross of San Gabriel Pomona Valley, 430 Madeline Drive, Pasadena, CA

The estate used for Fayed’s house is owned by the San Gabriel Pomona Valley chapter of the American Red Cross. It is rented out as a filming location and for special events such as weddings and parties. Link:Website

According to the website, Enemy of the State, Rush Hour 3, Swordfish, Traffic, 24, Desperate Housewives, Lie to Me, Chuck, Ghost Whisperer, Without a Trace, The Practice, Murder She Wrote, Judging Amy and Beverly Hills 90210 were filmed there, and the primetime CBS drama JAG used the facility as its headquarters.

(Photo from SGPV American Red Cross website)

8. Road leading from Diner - Myimmortal has placed the location of the helicopter attack on 145th Street E. heading north, roughly a mile north of the diner

9. Desert – area surrounding Four Aces location

10. No Star Motel HellFour Aces Movie Location (see above) Link: Motel stills

This is a case where camera angles and creative editing were essential to the storytelling. The motel is immediately adjacent to the diner at the filming location, yet the viewer is given the impression that Mick and Leni have trekked some distance across the desert to get there.

(photo from Four Aces website)

This image from the Four Aces Location website shows the gas station. On the left you can see the green diner and on the right you can see where the motel is attached.

Aerial perspective of the location...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Information will be updated and pictures added as they become available.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: ML Locations: Episode 4 - Fever

Post by darkstarrising »

Wow!! talk about fooling the viewer!! Camera angle, indeed!

It's amazing that the motel and diner are adjacent....you really got the feel that they had driven a few miles, then walked a bit further to get to the motel.

Thanks, Lilly
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

You've gotta love the Hollywood magic. Image
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

That's something I really noticed on the WB tour...that some of the houses they used for this and that, were very close together (the front of Beth's bldg, the frat house, Mottola's house...all right in a row). You'd never know it to look at the eps.

Lucky
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

awesome as always Lilly. I don't know how you do it. The shot of the motel with the green light is speaking to me for some reason. I almost want to grab it as a background for my 'putey.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Amazing, Lilly. :thumbs: Thank you.
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

WOW. The magic of Hollywood indeed. :thumbs:

Thanks, Lilly. :biggrin:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I've added 2 new locations for this episode to the first post. The first is the alley/safe house exterior which was found just recently by MyImmortal by researching the graffiti in the alley. That woman rocks! :yahoo:

Keying off that new information, I speculated that Jack Toland's house may not have been terribly far away, as there are some similar neighborhoods north and south of Hollywood Blvd. in that vicinity. I was pretty sure the house number read 19xx, so I just used Google earth to zero in on the 1900 block of several streets in the area. Basically, I got lucky and found what I was looking for. :snicker:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

That is just...amazing. Creative sleuthing again. Lilly, are you sure your REAL name isn't Veronica Mars? (no, wait, it can't be...you'd never have treated Logan Echolls so poorly.)

But, as always....you RAWK.

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: SO true, Lucky--she'd never have been that shabby to Logan! :flowers:

Lilly, you truly amaze me. Thank you so much for your amazing sleuthing abilities! I think your name might just be Nancy Drew! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

And thanks to MyImmortal for once again using her awesome skillz to give us another location. I swear, if the two of you had gone with Lewis and Clarke, things would have gone MUCH more smoothly. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

librarian_7 wrote:That is just...amazing. Creative sleuthing again. Lilly, are you sure your REAL name isn't Veronica Mars? (no, wait, it can't be...you'd never have treated Logan Echolls so poorly.)
If I were Veronica Mars, I NEVER would have gotten any sleuthing done with Logan around. :happysigh:
allegrita wrote: And thanks to MyImmortal for once again using her awesome skillz to give us another location. I swear, if the two of you had gone with Lewis and Clarke, things would have gone MUCH more smoothly.
:rolling:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Well, it is true that Lewis and Clarke did not have GPS, or google earth. And recharging their laptop batteries might have been problematic....

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ehh, a mere bagatelle. :hyper2:
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Excellent new information, Lilly. :flowers:

:notworthy:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Another "Wow" from me, Lilly. You and MyImmortal are just, um, awesome. :biggrin:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson

Return to “Moonlight Locations”