ML Locations: Episode 2 - Out of the Past - update 2/28

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: ML Locations: Episode 2 - Out of the Past

Post by allegrita »

You know--I'm so embarrassed...I'm a musician, I used to sing with the Los Angeles Master Chorale, which performs at Disney Hall now. And I have NEVER been there! I've gotta fix this serious lack in my cultural repertoire...

Oh, and nice pics, diane31!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Wonderful pictures of the concert hall, diane. Image Thank you for sharing them here.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Added info about the warehouse location. I didn't put it in originally because I had hoped to come up with a good picture besides the aerial view. Although I did tour the building in April, I didn't get a look at this side of it. :noway:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

I last weekend I did a Moonlight tour and I took some shots of the parking lot used in this 1985 crime scene. The lot is cordoned off with yellow caution tape with a fence around it. I managed to get around it and took my pics. I hope they are not thinking of tearing it down. It is quite old and decrepit though.

I also found something new from the FDL episode! I was so excited to find it! But I'll wait until you post locations for FDL.

diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

I can't wait helooeeze! And thanks for these pics! I hope they won't tear it down!!! :fingerscrossed: Especially not before I see it. There seems to be so many renovations in downtown LA, I couldn't believe it. Hec when I checked the FoS on Google Earth, there were renovating the bottom of it (or doing something...). But those google earth pics probably date a while back I guess.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Thank you for the pictures, helloeeze -- and for braving the caution tape and fence to get them. I believe a certain intrepid reporter would be proud. :thumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Love these threads, Lilly.... ah the memories!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I've added some good shots of the south side of The Mill at Warner Bros. Studios. I had a very agreeable tour guide, who took a special detour, this time out. :teeth:

This interior shot shows the distinctive windows that were used in both this episode and The Mortal Cure...

Also, I've added an interior shot of the south lobby of the Bridge Building used as San Fernando Medical Center where Lee Jay was treated.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Well, DUH!

I was looking over some screen caps from Out of the Past and I took another look at the street scenes from the two flashbacks where Mick confronts Lee Jay.

In the second flashback when Mick walks away, there’s a sign visible on the building: I was able to make out “Kabab House - Kabab Sandwiches Coffee – Catering Delivery – 213-489-5626” and it occurred to me that this was probably a real place. (If it weren’t they would have used the fictitious “555” region code.)

I did a search on “Kabab House Los Angeles” and found a Sevan’s Garden Kabab House with that phone number. The address listed was on Broadway, which just didn't look right. Then in one of the references, mention was made to St. Vincent Court, so I checked the website that was given: http://www.svjc.com/ Looking through the slide show there, I was able to spot some of the distinctive architectural elements from the scene. Notice the details in the upper left and the white arched windows behind the car in the third and fourth pictures below.

(Image from http://www.svjc.com)

I believe some work has been done on the facade of the building since 2007, but many of the elements are still there.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: ML Locations: Episode 2 - Out of the Past - upd. 6/9

Post by allegrita »

She's done it again! You. Rock. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: ML Locations: Episode 2 - Out of the Past - update 6/9

Post by Lilly »

I just added new pictures of St. Vincent Court to the first post. We visited the site of the street scene flashback last Saturday while we were in downtown LA. Coincidentally, there was a Mercedes convertible parked in front of the area in question, but it was a much more recent model than our vampire's. :snicker: The alcove where Mick was hiding, waiting for LeeJay, turns out to be the entrance to an elevator. Looking at the screencaps now, it seems obvious, but onscreen it had always looked like an alley to me. :shrug:

:yahoo: Even more exciting to me, is that I just now was able to pinpoint the location for the Red Room! I was just looking through some photos I took in the lighting fixture area of the Property Department, trying to see if I could find the chandeliers used in the Red Room flashback. As I was looking at screencaps that I'd seen a thousand times before (what can I say? I like that scene :blushing: ) -- I noticed something in the background. The male half of the couple behind Mick and Josef is leaning on a slanted beam. I had a big :slaphead: moment when I realized that those shiny red and black walls were actually the windows of Josef's office re-purposed.

Lilly

My Fanfic Index
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: ML Locations: Episode 2 - Out of the Past - update 7/17

Post by darkstarrising »

Amazing what some fabric and lighting will do....had you not pointed that out, I'd have never guessed.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Brilliant!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

How do you DO that?!? :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Thank you so much for figuring out the Red Room location, Lilly!
fairytoes
Rogue vampire

Post by fairytoes »

:notworthy: :notworthy: Lilly, your are amazing. I don't know how you do it, figuring all these things out, but I'm soooo glad you do it. Thank you soooo much. :hug: :flowers:
Wonderful Banner by Redwinter
Gorgeous Avi by Lilly
Thank you!

Return to “Moonlight Locations”