Becoming MickLifeCrisis - 2nd Anniversary Challenge

A place for MickLifeCrisis' G to PG-13 stories
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Becoming MickLifeCrisis - 2nd Anniversary Challenge

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Bumping for (believe it or not) the 15th anniversary of Moonlight! :hearts: :ghug:

I settle in for my usual Friday night ritual. Ghost Whisperer at eight o’clock. Numb3rs at ten o’clock. Hmm, the ads during Ghost Whisperer for that Moonlight show look interesting, and that guy is pretty cute, but I’m not going to commit myself to three solid hours of television every Friday night. I might need my brain cells later in life. So at nine o’clock I turn off the television and work the Wall Street Journal crossword puzzle that is published only on Fridays. I look forward to it every week. Keeps those brain cells sharp.

Finished the puzzle. It’s early yet for Numb3rs, but I turn on the TV. Oh, that vampire show.

“You can’t feed here. We have rules.” A fight. A stake. A body in flames.

Two friends sharing a drink and a tale by the fire.

The good looking one, Mick I think his name is, nervously knocks on the blonde’s door.

“You’re the first human that I’ve told any of this to, about who I am or what I am. So yeah, I trust you.” The words. The touch. The music. She watches him walk down the hall. Wow. I have to see more of this.

Saturday morning. Fire up the laptop. Go to the CBS website to see if they show the full episodes. They do! Watch the first one. Boy, this is good. Watch the second one. I have to have more. Watch the entire third one. I am hooked. Who cares about three hours of television? This grabs me deep inside. Never felt like this about a television show before.

Oh, look. There is a message board on cbs.com and people are commenting about Moonlight. I’ve never used a message board before. Wow, look at all the people talking about this show! I come back again and again to read what people say. A guilty pleasure. Someone posts that there is a board especially for Moonlight, called Moonlight Fans. I’ll just take a peek. So this is what a forum looks like! I had no idea. Pictures. Screen names. Lingo. Other people who love this show as much as I do. Who feel drawn to it like I do.

I learn the vernacular. I lurk for a week or two. I come up with a screen name and get up the nerve to join. My name fits what is happening to me. My mid-life crisis. It has to be. What else could explain it?

Several board splits later. Same online friends. New online friends. New computer skills. So this is fan fiction. Wow, these stories bring the characters to life! I have a story inside me. Where did it come from? It bubbles up to the surface. I wasn’t so bad at writing in school; maybe I could try one. But these authors are so good. Dare I post one? What if no one likes it? I’ll just do this one.

The show ended before its time. Not the ending I wanted, but one I can live with. I have a DVD of sixteen episodes. I watch them over and over and over. Mick and Beth are everything to me. The emotions Alex can convey with a look, a gesture; they still move me.

Two years later, and I am still drawn to my computer every night. Every. Night.

Thanks to all of you.
Last edited by MickLifeCrisis on Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
lorig
Fledgling

Re: Becoming MickLifeCrisis - 2nd Anniversary Challenge

Post by lorig »

:hankie: I loved it MLC. Nice to see your journey to where we are now. I see you every night. Every. Night. And I love it!! Talk to you later my friend!! :rose:
Gorgeous banner by PinkiePie
Tag by Mags and coco
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Thanks, MLC, for sharing. I think so many of us were new to the whole "fan" thing....discovering fan board, and fic, and all the other weird and wonderful joys of being part of an online community.

We're glad you're here, and we'll be here, too. Because, it's all about Moonlight.

Lucky
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Glad it's not just me!!!!! Phew!!!!!

:hyper: :hyper2: :woohoo: :hyper2: :hyper:

:cheer: :cheer: :coffee: :quill: :reading: :type: :bulb: :cheer: :cheer:

:drool: :hearts: :biggrin: :happysigh: :melts: :cloud9: :gasp: :beep: :MickBeth: :drool:

:smooch: :wave: :champs: :groupwave: :champs: :drinking: :slappy: :grouphug: :friends:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

MLC - I'm certainly glad you're still enjoying the Moonlight journey. Two of your stories are some of my favorites fanfic. Double-Wide which I read on another board and still chuckle at every re-read and Mick's Memorial Day which is such a poignant tale.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

I think most of our stories are similar. I was nodding through the whole thing, dsr. ESPECIALLY this:
Two years later, and I am still drawn to my computer every night. Every. Night.
Isn't it mind blowing? I think it will be this way for me for some time to come.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Your story is one that many of us relate to. Every. Single. Night.

Thank you for sharing and for taking that chance at writing again... :hug:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, man, can I relate! :snicker: I wake up every morning, log in to Facebook, wake Beth up, and get her ready for work. Then I log in on MLA and check the board. And THEN I get ready for work. :gasp: :dizzy:

But would I change a thing? Nahhhh...
:groupwave: :hearts: :groupwave: :heart: :groupwave: :hearts: :groupwave:
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

MLC, thanks for sharing your journey with us! And I know each one of us can definitely relate :smooch: :flowers:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Isn't it amazing the doors we've opened on this giant thrill ride? Strap in - Let's go around again!
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
MSJ_sunglasses
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MSJ_sunglasses »

Like you, MLC, I'd never done the 'fan' thing before either - fun isn't it? Seeing cassy's post reminded me of your Double Wide fic and I've just gone back for a re-read - still makes me giggle, I loved the salesman :clapping:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Thank you all for your wonderful comments! :rose: It's been a wonderful ride together and I'm looking forward to staying for more! :hyper2:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Yeah, I can relate, MLC. Stumbling over Moonlight, hooked for life. It wasn't just Mick, but it was Mick too. Thank you for your story.
Albra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Albra »

... drawn to my computer every night. Every. Night.
Me too ... :snicker:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

[quote]..drawn to my computer EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.[quote]

Yup. Me three.

And having a WONDERFUL time!!!

:flowers: :rose: :flowers: :rose: :flowers: :heart: :heart:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix

Return to “MickLifeCrisis' Office”