Old Love (G)

A place for redwinter101's G to PG-13 stories
coco
Cleaner

Re: Old Love (G)

Post by coco »

This is just lovely, Red. :happysigh: I'm so happy to see a new Mick Cora story. :biggrin:
You can't hide from me now. Not now, not ever. Our dance of pretence goes on, whirling, sucking, smothering, faster, fevered.
Our story will go on, spirals of severed time, futures unwritten but inescapable.
My two favourite lines. They capture the essence of Mick & Coraline beautifully.

If ever there was inspiration to make new MickCora vids, this is it. Thank you for the note. :heart:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

:smooch: :hearts: :heart:

So glad you like it, coco, and :hyper2: on the possibility of more vids.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Awesome! You capture their whole complexity in those few words. At first I wondered if this was Mick or Coraline speaking, but it's more like Mick. They sure never got away from each other, and never will. It's scary, and sad, and epic. They will always have each other and they know each other's soul. I wonder how Beth will ever compete with that.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Oooooooh, that's awesome, francis. Yes, it is Mick, but I went back and read it as though it were Coraline and there are definite moments when it works as either (but 'disdain' is definitely ALL Coraline).

Epic's a marvellous description of Mick and Coraline.

Re Beth, maybe I've got my rose-tinted specs on but I don't think she has to compete - she doesn't need to steal Mick away from Coraline because he's already decided that she's the future he wants. Doesn't mean there wouldn't be the odd bump in the road though...

Red

Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Such sheer poetry, it's beautiful. This old love has a depth which seems bottomless. It made me flash back to a lot of the scenes from Anniversary . . . especially the scene where Coraline sits utterly still for days waiting for Mick to return. There's one line that makes it clear that it's Mick speaking, but I was fascinated by how easily the rest would fit as either Mick's or Coraline's point of view. It's like getting two different stories in one. :rose:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Thanks so much, Shadow. I love that this reminded you of that scene from Anniversary (and a little amazed it was that memorable :happysigh: ). The idea of this being either Mick or Coraline (apart from that one line) is utterly enchanting to me (and completely unintentional, but hey :giggle: ).

Red

rijane
Freelance freshie

Post by rijane »

First, hee at the clear warning. No way I'll be mistaking the characters for MickBeth this time ;)
redwinter101 wrote:The swish of your hair, the curve of your smile, the ever-present hint of disdain you've never managed to hide.
Oh that would have done it - this is Coraline all over!

The inescapability, the inevitability - this fic screams with it. You captured just how tangled up in Coraline Mick will always be - it's more than just love. Love fades, but she's left a part of herself within him (literally). It also occurred to me reading this that as far as we know Mick and Coraline are still married. Til death Mick thought they parted, but not so much...

I know you marked this G, but the undertones of the story scream R - there's a violence to Mick and Coraline's love here. This almost feels like a poem - it's trading on emotion, feeling like verse.

Thank you for managing to produce something so wonderful despite the many demands on your time! It soothes my soul to know that you're out there somewhere teasing away at Moonlight still. :heart: :heart: :heart:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Ri, darling Ri, forgive me for tearing up. Life is such a massive challenge at the moment (on many fronts) and this was just a tiny snippet in a moment of inspiration (or, whatever...). I'm so touched you stopped by and awed by the comment.

Seriously, thank you. :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

Red

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

rijane wrote:It soothes my soul to know that you're out there somewhere teasing away at Moonlight still. :heart: :heart: :heart:
Oh... and... always.

Always. :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh:

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

redwinter101 wrote:
This time; maybe.

See I think Mick and Cora have a few more turns on the dance floor coming up. When she sacrificed herself for him when he meets her again the old attraction is going to be there and something more. That is when I think they can really have a "maybe"

Just lovely.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

redwinter101 wrote:I love that this reminded you of that scene from Anniversary (and a little amazed it was that memorable.)
Oh, Red . . . Anniversary is not just memorable, but haunting.
rijane wrote:you marked this G, but the undertones of the story scream R - there's a violence to Mick and Coraline's love here. This almost feels like a poem - it's trading on emotion, feeling like verse.
Yes! That's it exactly. And no wonder it took me back to Anniversary . . .
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Carol, thank you, thank you, thank you, for loving the "maybe". If I had to pick one word to sum up Mick and Coraline, that would be it. :smooch:

Shadow, :blushing: and :thanks2:

Red

Return to “redwinter101's Office”