Planning a 100th B-Day PG-13

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Planning a 100th B-Day PG-13

Post by cassysj »

I do not own any recognizable characters no copyright infringement is intended.

November 2022

Josef was resting in his freezer when his private line woke him up. He was breaking in a new head freshie and she was disturbing his sleep.

“Calla Lily this better be life and death or you will be the sorriest freshie in Belgium.”

Calla was nervous. “I’m so sorry but she is on the short list. Beth Turner. Do you want me to forward her to voicemail?”

“No Calla. I’ll take the call. Send it to my cell.

Josef’s long time girlfriend Solita mumbled. “When I was a freshie your sleep was sacrosanct.”

“Let me find out if it’s important and if it’s not you can play punish the freshie. She’s terrified of you.” He grabbed his phone. “Beth, why are you calling at this ungodly hour?”

“What are you talking about? It’s nine hours earlier there.”

“No, it’s nine hours later. I just went to bed an hour ago.”

Solita complained. “Solita sleepy.”

“You’ve disturbed my fledgling’s sleep. It’s very rude to wake up a baby.”

“Baby? Beth said. Solita was turned before me.”

“She’s still a baby Beth. Now is it a matter of life and death? I told Calla Lily not to disturb my sleep.

“Not death but it is a matter of life. I wanted to invite you to Mick’s 100th birthday.

Josef took the phone from his ear and put it on speaker. “Beth are you inviting me to such an auspicious occasion via telephone?”

“Well, it’s next week and you wouldn’t get an invite in the mail.”

“Mail??? How about a private messenger to hand deliver them?”

“Josef it’s just a few friends over.”

Solita gasped. Josef sighed. “Beth, didn’t they make Mick the leader of Southern California last year?”

“Yes.”

“Then he has to have a huge party and invite all the important people.”

“Josef, he has to deal with them all the time. I just wanted it to be friends. I’m inviting you and Solita, Guillermo and Logan. Just the old gang, not anyone who is going to discuss zoning areas or how to reduce The Cleaners fees.”

Beth, it’s not done that way. You can invite us but you have to invite one hundred of the most influential people and give them their years.”

“What years?” Beth asked.

“Every guest will bring a gift representing one year in the vampire’s life. It will start with 1922 and move up to current.

Beth was getting annoyed. “Fine then you have to do 1922.”

Solita couldn’t hold her tongue. “You can’t tell him what he has to buy. He’s over three hundred.”

“So? He just said I had to give each guest a year.”

Josef chuckled. “Each guest under three hundred. Each guest over three hundred gets to pick their own year in order of their age. Am I going to be the oldest guest?”

Beth growled “Yes, Josef you’re the oldest man I know.”

“Good then I pick 2008.”

Beth was furious “Why would you pick 2008? You’re just being cheap.”

Now Josef was annoyed. “If you don’t like that year my next choice is 1952 maybe I’ll find Coraline and bring her to the party. After all if it wasn’t for her you never would have met.

“Why you bast…….

Solita interrupted before Vampire War broke out. “Beth, we’ll take 2008. You remember that was the year Josef turned him and Mick embraced his vampire nature.”

Beth actually gulped. She was mortified that she didn’t remember how important that year was for Mick and Josef.

“Josef, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have called you cheap. I’m just a little thrown I wanted a private party and now I have to have a state dinner.

Josef softened. “Mick’s an important man. He can’t have a bottle of A positive and a few friends for dinner.”

“That’s what he wants.” Beth said.

“Then he can have that on his real birthday. Plan the event party for the day after. I can come into LA for a few days.”

“Beth are you having freshies through the years?” Solita asked.

“Mick’s only been back on freshies for a couple of years. We haven’t even retired anyone yet.” Beth said

“You need some for background." Josef said "Mick had some freshies in the 70’s and 80’s. Call Tangie in my London office, she’ll put you in touch with the Freshie Alumane Association. They’ll get everyone who’s still around and I’ll loan a few of mine from the 90’s and 00’s so he has a selection. It’s all about appearances Beth.”

“I don’t remember any birthday parties like this when you were in charge of LA.”

“I only celebrate quarter centuries.”

“So when is your next quarter century?” Beth asked.

“I’ll send you a save the date card a year in advance.” Solita said.

Beth was about to laugh but then she said. “She is kidding right?"

Josef laughed. “Solita never kids about important matters, but let’s have Mick’s party first.”

“We miss you Josef.” Beth said seriously. “Any chance you’ll move back to LA?”

‘Not for a while. I was too visible in my life there. If you can get Mick to come as far East as New York, I’d consider moving back to the U.S.”

Beth sighed. “I can’t even convince him to move to San Diego. He loves LA even though all our friends have left.”

“I’ll work on him when I get to town. Beth, I’m glad you invited me. I’m sorry if I gave you a hard time but I don’t want him to be embarrassed.”

“I understand. We’re still on a learning curve since his election. Josef I don’t know how you did it and ran your own business.”

“You get used to it and eventually the tribe takes up less of your time. Once everyone believes you have everything in hand, very few will step out of line. I look forward to seeing the two of you.”

“When are we getting invited to a wedding?” Beth teased.

Solita raised her eyebrow. Josef smiled. “We’re too young to get married.”
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Planning a 100th B-Day PG-13

Post by francis »

Poor Beth now has a state dinner to handle. It's not easy being Mrs. President.
She would feel better if they would just elope and spend the day on a rooftop.
Now that it's done I'm curious what Josef will do for 2008 and how the party goes.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ooh, Beth was in a mood, wasn't she?! :rollingpin: :rolling: On the other hand, finding out that the friendly little supper for your sweetie was turning into a diplomatic state occasion would be a bit of a shock. :gasp: I hope they get to have the small dinner in addition to the fancy one. Mick would love that. :hearts:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Beth will get the hang of being the vampire first lady of L.A., and Josef will help.

Can't ever see Mick relishing the role as Josef did, but they are such different personalities.

Thanks, Cassy!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

francis - It is hard for Beth but Mick has been around LA so long it was inevitable.

alle - Beth was cranky even before Josef gave her all the details. :snicker: I hope they can have the small dinner party too.

jen - I agree, I don't think Beth will love it but she'll get used to it.
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

This was great - interesting, entertaining, funny, and amusing. :rose:

It's amazing how much has happened between 2008 and 2022 - Beth and Solita are vamps, Mick is the leader of Southern California, Josef moved to Belgium... Wow. I'm glad Tangie works in Josef's London office. Hopefully her self-esteem and self-confidence are stronger now.

It's a good compromise to have two parties for Mick - one public and one private. Is there any chance of you writing about either of them? :whistle:

Marigold :hearts:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!

Return to “cassysj's Office”