5. A New Development - PG *new 10/8/2019*

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

5. A New Development - PG *new 10/8/2019*

Post by Lilly »

A/N: Well, this time it's only been 15 months between "episodes." :whistle: Soooo, this it the fifth installment in my series of sixteen dialogues between Mick and Josef set after each episode of Moonlight. (My original explanation is here: viewtopic.php?f=865&t=9996)

Disclaimer: I do not own Moonlight or any of its characters. Occasionally one or two of them speak to me and I take dictation. No disrespect or copyright infringement is ever intended.

5. A New Development

“Is that – a smile? Who are you and what have you done with Mick?”

“What? No. Of course not.”

“Of course not. Because the last time a free agent had to be put down after taking out a couple of humans – in an all too news-at-eleven kind of way – you sat around moping like you lost your best friend. And we all know what a tragedy that would be.”

“Very funny. What are you doing here?”

“Just checking on my investment – you know: time, personnel, professional curiosity…”

“Or you’re just nosy.”

“Vigilant, my friend – the word you’re looking for is vigilant. So. Happy ending? Hooker with a heart of gold reunited with Ma and Pa Kettle. Is that what’s got you in this uncharacteristically chipper mood?”

“The night ended well. Let’s leave it at that.”

“Mmmhmmm…”

“What?”

“So… Blond- I mean Beth – did she like me?”

“You looked at her like you were sizing up a 4-course meal, Josef. I think you were actually trying to make her feel uncomfortable. She held her own, though, didn’t she?”

“She did all right. This predator she cold called – he was a kid?”

“A 200-year-old teenager.”

“Damn. Talk about perpetual frustration.”

“Like you’d know anything about that.”

“Yeah, that’s more your specialty, pal.”

Right.

“Are you smiling again? Are you sure there’s no new development I should know about?”

“Nope. Case closed. Your work here is done.”

“I’m beginning to think that wayward vamp wasn’t the only one who lost his head tonight. So to speak… Where were we, then? Scotch?”
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: 5. A New Development - PG *new 10/8/2019*

Post by allegrita »

You definitely take dictation, dear Lilly. :rose: Because I can hear them talking in my head. Of course Josef would razz Mick about his air of bemused joy. And of course, Mick would do all he could to distract, deflect, and change the subject as soon as he possibly could... because he can't bear to have Josef snark him over that precious, bewildering, and completely unexpected moment on the garage roof. :heart:

I love your After Words so much, and this one is a perfect addition to the collection. :clapping: :notworthy: :heart: :thanks:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Thanks so much, Alle. :hug: :rose:

This one really had to be short and sweet, because you know Mick wasn't going to talk about that. :whistle: :laugh: But honestly, I could just picture Mick getting home with a smile still on his face and Josef just full of questions. :teeth:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:hug: It's true Lilly!

The little smile. The one Mick gave right in that moment on the rooftop? He's still wearing it. Ohh, and how it would amuse and frustrate Josef not to know everything that's going on... :giggle:

Thank you so much for sharing this delicious little morsel! It's perfectly timed, and most definitely worth the wait... :heart:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

A new Vampire Dialogue, hooray! I do so love this one, every word . . and every expression! This story makes me see that smile of Mick's sooo clearly. Poor Josef, he isn't going to get any more information on this subject. But I'm pleased to see that he's learned, or almost learned, to say the word Beth. (And I was so tickled when he asked, "Did she like me?") This story is so vivid and so visual, Lilly ....thank you!!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

And as ever, the title is fabulous. :twothumbs:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Awww, Shadow - thank YOU! :hug: :flowers: Your comments mean so much to me. :heart:

And I'm tickled that you're liking the titles so much. :laugh:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index

Return to “After Words: The Vampire Dialogues”