Moonlight's Sixteenth Anniversary - Sept. 28, 2023

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Moonlight's Sixteenth Anniversary - Sept. 28, 2023

Post by allegrita »

Happy Moonlight-versary, everyone! :champs:

Can you believe it's been sixteen years?? :thud: If our show were a person, it would be getting its driver's license this year! :snicker:

I'm so glad that the writers' strike seems to have been settled, subject to a vote of the full membership early next month. Following Trevor on Twitter (I still refuse to call it X, darn it!), I've seen how hard it has been on everyone, and I'm so relieved for the writers that they seem to have negotiated a really good contract that gives them fair compensation for their work and protects their health benefits, among other important things. I'm hopeful that this settlement will make it easier for the actors' strike to be settled soon, as well, so that all of our favorites can start doing what they do so well, making shows to entertain us! :clapping:

(But they'll never be as wonderful as Moonlight. :happysigh: )

So if you have some time today, why don't you celebrate our wonderful show? Watch a favorite episode, or reread a fic you particularly love. Browse the Moonlight Locations threads, or watch some beautiful videos. And if you're into that sort of thing, raise a glass of bubbly (or fresh-from-the-vein sangria) to Mick, Josef, Beth, Coraline, Josh, Guillermo, Steve, and all the rest of those beloved characters. Send up a little thank you to Trevor and Ron, and all the writers, directors, designers, and crew who created it. And a special one to Alex, Jason, Sophia, Shannyn, Jacob, Jordan, Kevin, David, and all the other actors whose talents brought the show to life. Without them, I'd never have met you all. And I'm awfully glad I did. :ghug: :heart:

Love,

Allegrita
aolver
Rogue vampire

Re: Moonlight's Sixteenth Anniversary - Sept. 28, 2023

Post by aolver »

:hearts: Gosh. Love Moonlight, and Alex…still so much. :dracula:
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Spreading the Moonlight love to include you and your admins for keeping this board up and running. :ghug: :flowers: :rose: :heart:

It's such a comforting home away from home. RL has changed so much in 16 years, but the Moonlight love lives here forever!

Thank you! :kiss:

ETA: I asked AI why it thought Moonlight was still popular after 16 years... check it out in the Moonlight and AI thread.
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
LoveBite
Kostan Industries intern

Post by LoveBite »

Wow, 16 years! Still remembering Moonlight and missing it tremendously. :hearts: :heart: :hearts:
Carol
~LoveBite
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:hyper2:

Running in to share the Moonlight love with everyone, and join the sentiment that it feels like it was only yesterday we found our wonderful show, and made such wonderful friends! :hearts:

Who would have thought that we would have shared so much love, laughter and life experience all because of our love of Moonlight? :heart:

I am so glad that we did, and am thankful for the show, my Moonlight family, and lovely Alle for keeping our home here alive.

For me, Moonlight will always be the show that changed my world, and showed me how close the horizon could be. I will always be grateful. :hug:

Happy Moonlightiversary everyone!!

:champs: :groupwave: :heart: :hearts: :heart: :groupwave: :champs:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.

Return to “Moonlight's Sixteenth Anniversary - Sept. 28, 2023”