ML Locations: Episode 2 - Out of the Past - update 2/28

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

ML Locations: Episode 2 - Out of the Past - update 2/28

Post by Lilly »

Moonlight Locations: Out of the Past

For remaining episodes, I will only be listing locations we haven’t seen before.

Update 2/20/2010: Photos of The Mill and the south lobby of the Bridge Building at WB have been added.
Update 6/9/2010: Info on the flashback street scenes was added.
Update 7/17/2010: New pictures for the flashback street scenes were added, as well as info about the Red Room.
Update 2/28/2011: Added info and pictures for Prison exit

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Parking Garage (flashback 1983) – S. Olive Street (between W. 1st and W. 2nd Streets), Los Angeles, CA *

* I’m 90% sure of this one, although I didn’t realize that this was the same place as the rooftop scene when I was there so I didn’t get a picture of the interior.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2. Prison exit – rear of the Miguel Contreras Learning Center, S. Bixel Street (between W. 3rd and W. 4th Streets), Los Angeles, CA

View of the corner of Bixel and W. 3rd:

3. Street scene (flashbacks) – St. Vincent Court, between Broadway and Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA

I believe some work has been done on the facade of the building since 2007, but many of the elements are still there.

4. Beth’s apartment interior – Warner Bros. Studios – Soundstage 9.

5. Lee Jay’s Warehouse/Workshop The Mill, Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA

The interior shots of Lee Jay's workshop were staged within working areas of the Mill.

6. Bobby Desmond’s apartment

7. Lee Jay’s book signingCommissary, Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA -- Link: WB Virtual Tour - Commissary

8. Red Room – Soundstage 9, Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA

To create the Red Room from the flashback scene, they re-purposed Josef's office on Soundstage 9. They switched out the furniture and backed the windows with the flashy red and black panels so that they looked like walls. The vertical beams and cross beams are still visible, though, if you look closely. If you look at the man and woman in the background here, you can see that the man is leaning against the slanted beam that supports the side window. Also you can see the adjacent wall has the dark paneling with a lighter paint above...

9. Parking garage rooftop – S. Olive Street, Los Angeles, CA - adjacent to Walt Disney Concert Hall

Approach of the Ferrari:

City Hall in background:

10. San Fernando Medical CenterBridge Building - south lobby, Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA -- Link: WB Virtual Tour - Bridge Building

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

11. Warehouse exterior - south side of The Mill, Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA

The warehouse exteriors were shot looking west on the south side of the Mill building at WB. The Mill is a huge facility that houses the Construction Services department of the studio. Everything needed for set and scenery fabrication, including a complete lumberyard (hence the name, The Mill), a metal shop, paint department and scenic arts and printing areas, is located there.

Information will be updated and pictures added as they become available.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: ML Locations: Episode 2 - Out of the Past

Post by Lilly »

On a personal note, I just want to add that standing on that garage rooftop, where Josef drove up in the Ferrari to meet Mick, was the second biggest thrill I had when I was visiting locations out there. :yahoo:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
greenleaf9
Rogue vampire

Post by greenleaf9 »

Lilly wrote:On a personal note, I just want to add that standing on that garage rooftop, where Josef drove up in the Ferrari to meet Mick, was the second biggest thrill I had when I was visiting locations out there. :yahoo:
I bet it was!! I am soooo jealous! That would be so cool to be there! :woohoo:
Banner created by the lovely RedNightBird.

"...The moon's an arrant thief, and her pale fire fire she snatches from the sun..." ~William Shakespeare

Better Safe Than Staked.
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

Here are the pics of City Hall that I posted in the NSTAV thread as well. I had forgotten that you could see that in the background in this ep.

My pics of the Disney Concert Hall in the parking lot where Josef and Mick met.

*Christy*

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Great pics! :thumbs: Thanks, Christy!
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Christy takes great pics.

And Lilly, thanks for all your selfless hard work in visiting locations...

Lucky
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Christy,

the composition of that last picture is phenomenal!

Lilly,

Again, thanks for all the time and effort you're putting into this.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

greenleaf9 wrote:
Lilly wrote:On a personal note, I just want to add that standing on that garage rooftop, where Josef drove up in the Ferrari to meet Mick, was the second biggest thrill I had when I was visiting locations out there. :yahoo:
I bet it was!! I am soooo jealous! That would be so cool to be there! :woohoo:
Me too! :thumbs: Anywhere Josef's been would be a thrill to see...
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
MSJ_sunglasses
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MSJ_sunglasses »

Thanks for all these amazing location pics Lilly and wondergirl too. That Disney Concert Hall is an eye catching backdrop for that rooftop scene isn't it? :yes:
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

Is the parking garage the same for the rooftop scene and the OOTP crime scene? was it a thrill because of the view? I never knew a parking garage to be very exciting, that's why I ask.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

helloeeze wrote:Is the parking garage the same for the rooftop scene and the OOTP crime scene? was it a thrill because of the view? I never knew a parking garage to be very exciting, that's why I ask.
Yes, helloeeze, I believe that the same parking garage was used for both scenes. The interior was very distinctive because of multiple diagonal beams breaking up the parking area. My husband and I both commented how odd and annoying the configuration was.

While the view was spectacular from that rooftop, the real thrill for me was to be standing right where one of my very favorite scenes was shot. That Ferrari has taken on a life of its own for me, and I just got awfully excited to be in the exact spot where Josef drove up and greeted Mick with one of the best lines ever, "You made the news."
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

:hyper2:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

These are as wonderful as the ones in Ep. 1.

Thanks for the pics, Lilly & Christy. :flowers:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

And there I was thinking Mick and Josef were just in the street! I didn't realize they were on the rooftop parking garage! I should have lloked more carefully at this thread, lol! And I missed it was the OOTP crime scene! :slaphead: I feel so stupid now! Well, goes to show though: I just HAVE to go back to LA!!! ;) Anyway I've got a couple of pics of the Disney Concert Hall, so, there:
View from along S Grand Ave:
View from the corner of S Grand Ave and W 1st St:

edited to fix pictures links.
Last edited by diane31 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing. I heard the acoustics are fantastic in it also.

Return to “Moonlight Locations”