Six Months - dsr - Champagne Challenge 107 PG 7/20/09

A place for Darkstarrising's G to PG-13 stories
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Re: Six Months - dsr - Champagne Challenge 107 PG 7/20/09

Post by librarian_7 »

DSR, as others have commented, this is lovely. I always like those fics dealing with Mick's decision to watch over "Baby Beth" as she grows up. And to make that decision to step out of the shadows and into her consciousness. Job well done!

Lucky
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

Oh one.zebra...what a beautiful description of their relationship. Him building the bridge and she walking across over the years to finally reach him. I see it. :heart: And DSR...what a beautiful synopsys of those 16 episodes that was Moonlight. Absolutely stunning. :hearts: :hearts: :hug: :hug:
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

This is gorgeous dsr. :hearts:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Wow!! thank you all so much for such lovely comments... :heart:

I'm still having massive computer/internet issues, so I'll be on and off sporadically

helloeeze - thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

kelly - thanks so much! I'm happy you were touched by this!

janicevictoria - thanks - up until that moment, Beth was someone to be protected. Now, he knew she was so much more.

lorig - thanks!! - I'm glad you enjoyed it!

alle - thank you so much! Mick is being introspective, and in his mind's eye he sees how his feelings for Beth have developed from guilt (being responsible for her childhood trauma), to protective, to dependent on her as being a way out of the darkness that he has wrapped around himself. You're right, there's a huge gulf, but love is the bridge that spans it.

mitzie - thank you so much. The fear of the first line has been replaced by the acceptance of the last.

grace - thanks, sweetie, every once in a while the muse waxes poetic (usually after a glass of wine or two) :snicker:

aussiejo - thanks - sigh is the way I feel about them, too

francis - aww, :blushing: thank you so much!! The contrast between them and the two worlds they lived in is captured in the references to dark and light. When the light goes out, he believes that she doesn't need him anymore. As he finds out later, his presence is what allowed her to heal. But it was her presence in his life that allowed him to heal as well. Without each other, Beth would have been forever fearful and Mick would have been forever lonely.

one.zebra- thank you - yes, love is the bridge between them, and I so love the way you put it about Mick being responsible for building the bridge and Beth walking back over it to him. Wonderful!!

fairytoes - thanks so much!! Glad you liked it!

lucky - thank you! I, too, am fond of how Mick went from being the unseen protector of a child, watching over her as she developed into a beautiful woman...to a man enticed out of the shadows by her beauty and his love for her.

aolver -thanks!! I agree. I love one.zebra's interpretation, too. I'm glad you thought I captured the key MickBeth moments from the series. That was a goal.

coco - thanks, sweetie, I'm glad you enjoyed it!
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
carniegal
Kostan Industries intern

Post by carniegal »

This piece was simply beautiful. :flowers: :rose:
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

Dark, I didn't know you wrote poetry, too. The cadence of this one-shot is perfect. And I love how you punctuate each segment of time with "I didn't, I couldn't." It is the refrain for the lovely sentiments expressed above. I love this piece.
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

dsr, this is just stunning. alle and grace and wollstonecraft mention poetry, and I think they're spot on - this has the emotional power of poetry, an epic (albeit a little one) poem about the strength of love and hope - it's ultimately about redemption, and how it can come to us unlooked for. It comes to Mick (to paraphrase Giles from BTVS) not because he deserves it, but because he needs it.

This was great. :flowers: :flowers:
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Oh my God, dsr. This is gorgeous. Just stunning. SImple and heartfelt and true. I love all the words you write, but this one may be your best. It is lyrical. Loving. Destined.

(Loved the tie-in with 'the other Mick'---brilliance personified!!)
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

thank you all for your kind words :hearts:

Carniegal - thanks so much, I'm glad you liked it.

Woll - thank you!! I'm flattered that you think of this as poetry, but it was supposed to have a cadence, almost a chant.

Luxe - wow and thanks - this is about redemption and how it took neary 25 years for Mick to realize the source of his salvation.

Fleur :wave: thanks!! I couldn't resist the line with the other Mick. When I started writing this, it was a bit lighter in tone. When it got a little more serious, I had to remove two lines that I loved - they were just too snarky for the final piece.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Wow!

I, too, agree with all the gushing that came before. There is a point where gushing is perfectly appropriate and this is a prime example.

Fabulous!

:flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

jen wrote:Wow!

I, too, agree with all the gushing that came before. There is a point where gushing is perfectly appropriate and this is a prime example.

Fabulous!

:flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts:
jen,

thanks :hearts: This was my attempt to show how strong the connection between Mick and Beth was, why he couldn't walk away and why she couldn't let him. Glad you enjoyed it!!
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

Another wonderful find for me, DSR. I agree 100% with everything everyone's said so far. But these simple words just socked me right in the heart:
darkstarrising wrote:I didn’t. I couldn’t.
I'd say you captured the pull of their love right there. And of course the last line:
darkstarrising wrote:Twilight. The time when the light of her world embraces the darkness of mine.
Wow. Color me speechless. And that's rare. Beautiful, DSR, just beautiful.
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Moonlighter wrote:Another wonderful find for me, DSR. I agree 100% with everything everyone's said so far. But these simple words just socked me right in the heart:
darkstarrising wrote:I didn’t. I couldn’t.
I'd say you captured the pull of their love right there. And of course the last line:
darkstarrising wrote:Twilight. The time when the light of her world embraces the darkness of mine.
Wow. Color me speechless. And that's rare. Beautiful, DSR, just beautiful.
Moonlighter,

Again, thank you so much. :hug: :hug:
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Karen

Just enjoyed this again.

In this short piece you have summed up the journey of Moonlight canon so very beautifully. It is all there. The fear, the hope, the love--all cycling around again to fear, hope and love again.

Yes, ANOTHER Mick whisperer.

:hearts: :flowers: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
fairytoes
Rogue vampire

Post by fairytoes »

*sigh* just as lovely as the first time I read it. :cloud9:
Wonderful Banner by Redwinter
Gorgeous Avi by Lilly
Thank you!