M & C appreciation thread 2

mwj01
Courtesan

Re: M & C appreciation thread 2

Post by mwj01 »

No worries Sis! :smooch: I probably misunderstood. And either way, I wouldn't get my delicates in a twist over it. ;) It's just fun to discuss.

I don't think I'll ever understand why some WON'T see Beth's faults either. Why not? It really is a mystery. As you said, everyone has them so why not this character too?

Yeah, the writers took the easy way out with the convenient excising of any obstacles. I didn't see long haul in the romance department for MickBeth anyway; they were showing significant cracks before they even got off the ground. But it would have been interesting to see them try to make a go of it with Cora in their midst. :devil: And it's hard for me to even think of Talbot as a foil! I know that was the intent from what I've heard, but is that supposedly what was playing out on the screen? Because I saw nothing there. :?

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

mwj01 wrote:No worries Sis! :smooch: I probably misunderstood. And either way, I wouldn't get my delicates in a twist over it. ;) It's just fun to discuss.

I don't think I'll ever understand why some WON'T see Beth's faults either. Why not? It really is a mystery. As you said, everyone has them so why not this character too?

Yeah, the writers took the easy way out with the convenient excising of any obstacles. I didn't see long haul in the romance department for MickBeth anyway; they were showing significant cracks before they even got off the ground. But it would have been interesting to see them try to make a go of it with Cora in their midst. :devil: And it's hard for me to even think of Talbot as a foil! I know that was the intent from what I've heard, but is that supposedly what was playing out on the screen? Because I saw nothing there. :?

I think they tried to play him as a foil... with Mick's whole "should I be jealous line..." but seriously! Really? Mick vs. Talbot (not Talbert I suppose... :giggle: )... that is not even a fair fight... :rolling:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Not the most romantic pic ever, but I still thought it was a nice promo shot.

Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I actually really liked those night time promo shots... I wish they had made them into a poster... wouldn't they have made excellent posters??

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

wpgrace wrote:I actually really liked those night time promo shots... I wish they had made them into a poster... wouldn't they have made excellent posters??
Grace, I recently printed a few (ML) pics on ordinary paper, and they came out surprisingly well. Obviously, they couldn't be poster size, but a small pic is better than nothing. Perhaps you could print one or both of the promo pics for yourself? :chin: If you need a hand with the tech-details, PM me. :hug:

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

This is a close-up of Coraline's hand (from the pic posted a few up from this one). I thought it was rather interesting that they had her wearing a ring that somewhat echoed the one worn by Mick. In the promo shots, they really made Mick and Coraline look like a couple, with their attire ... and even through the episodes, from the first time we see them together to the last, they wear complimentary colours if not styles.

At the party, when Mick was wearing that fugly Hawaiian shirt & Cora was in that stunning red dress ... everyone else was wearing muted colours.

Even in TMC, they are dressed in a similar style.

They made them look like a couple right throughout the episodes. :hearts:

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Well this was quite the treat this morning, Phee! :clapping:

And you're right... they DO dress alike... and they kinda look similar anyway, so that is cool how they dress in similar colors and sometimes similar styles. They even have a similar intensity and air of perpetual cool. They DO make a gorgeous couple!

Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

As long as PB is open. :whistle:

Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

I snagged this from Moonlight Love, after seeing the almost identical screencap posted by GuardianAngel in the ep discussion thread.

It just struck me as being cute - Morgan looks so little, and/or Mick looks so big...

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I think he's tall, by Hollywood standards...

One of those WhiteOut pics... where he's next to Gabriel Macht... that's the first time I've really seen anyone taller than him...

Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

wpgrace wrote:I think he's tall, by Hollywood standards...

One of those WhiteOut pics... where he's next to Gabriel Macht... that's the first time I've really seen anyone taller than him...
Oh. :gasp: He's average by Aussie standards.

Please. No!

:tomato:

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Phoenix wrote:
wpgrace wrote:I think he's tall, by Hollywood standards...

Oh. :gasp: He's average by Aussie standards.

Please. No!

:tomato:

Brag brag brag brag brag brag brag... :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
Don't make me come down there!!!! :smooch:

Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

wpgrace wrote:Brag brag brag brag brag brag brag... :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
Don't make me come down there!!!! :smooch:
Grace, I'd love it if you came down here... :hyper2:

And since this is the MickCora appreciation thread - we could have a ML fest and watch all 16 eps and yak about why Mick and Coraline make such a great couple and you could help my finish that flippin' MickCora story I'm working on and then I could take you out and prove that a certain tall, dark and handsome man is pretty average here. :whistle:

And now for a gorgeous distraction so you don't come after me with a stake. :eek2:

mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

While I don't venture in here very often, I just had to stop and comment on how gorgeous that last pic is. Absolutely stunning (and big :laugh: ). :thumbs:
Last edited by coco on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:

Return to “Mick & Coraline Appreciation”