Stargate Universe - news, links, discussion

one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: Stargate Universe - news, links, discussion

Post by one.zebra »

Yes, there's hope!
She did fine in High School, but really came into her own in college.
She met him her first sememster at college.. he use some quote from the original Star War's movies (we have memorized :whistle: ) and she finished his sentence...she said he just lit up..apparently he'd been looking for his own 'Nerd' for a while....the rest is history as they say..
Josefismysire wrote:
one.zebra wrote:My nerdy scifi daughter and her new husband got me hooked on SG1, and Atlantis..hope the new one is good.

Several years ago they got tee shirts that say: Hers: Front, 'My boyfriend is a Nerd'...back, 'And I am too'...
His: Front: 'My girfriend is a Nerd'...back, 'I'm such a lucky guy'..

Guess that's why the bride and goom on top of the cake had star wars garb on, blue boquet and light sabers....
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

That is very sweet, o-z. My oldest dd is quite a nerd herself..not a scifi nerd but bookish, likes the video games. Hasn't had a boyfriend yet..glad to hear that there is still hope..a "jack for every jill", right?? :biggrin:
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

one.zebra wrote:Yes, there's hope!
She did fine in High School, but really came into her own in college.
She met him her first sememster at college.. he use some quote from the original Star War's movies (we have memorized :whistle: ) and she finished his sentence...she said he just lit up..apparently he'd been looking for his own 'Nerd' for a while....the rest is history as they say..
Josefismysire wrote:
one.zebra wrote:My nerdy scifi daughter and her new husband got me hooked on SG1, and Atlantis..hope the new one is good.

Several years ago they got tee shirts that say: Hers: Front, 'My boyfriend is a Nerd'...back, 'And I am too'...
His: Front: 'My girfriend is a Nerd'...back, 'I'm such a lucky guy'..

Guess that's why the bride and goom on top of the cake had star wars garb on, blue boquet and light sabers....
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

That is very sweet, o-z. My oldest dd is quite a nerd herself..not a scifi nerd but bookish, likes the video games. Hasn't had a boyfriend yet..glad to hear that there is still hope..a "jack for every jill", right?? :biggrin:

Awww..now see..that is true romance, at its best! :heart: I will keep the faith for my dd. Her "mate" will need to love Xbox, Nintendo and Insects...anyone out there have a 20-something "Logan Griffen" with those traits looking for their true love?? :hearts:
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_wi ... e_new.html

Nice nod to David Blue!! Thanks again, Kristin! :cheer:
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/ ... ll-fall-t/

Exerpt:

In a genial panel featuring co-creators Brad Wright and Robert Cooper and most of the cast (including Carlyle, Ming-Na and the charming David Blue), the fans were told to expect a show that is darker and grittier than “Stargates” past, but with a sense of humor and hope that will keep viewers from searching for the nearest escape hatch.

According to Wright, “Stargate Universe” will also be accessible to the newbie viewers. Although with “SG-1” and “Atlantis” repeats in near-constant rotation on SyFy, he's not sure how anyone can be a newbie at this point.

“It's on TV all day now!” co-creator Wright bellowed playfully at the sheepish few in the ballroom who admitted to having never seen the show before.

The new “Stargate Universe” premieres on SyFy in October, and if you don't like it, don't blame Blue. The admitted “Stargate” geek — who played Marc's huggable boyfriend Cliff on “Ugly Betty” — is the show's official “gate” keeper. And it's a job he takes quite seriously.

“For me, it's a matter of pride to be part of (the show), but there is an immense responsibility in every scene to get it right for you.”

:cheer: :cheer:
eris
Sire

Post by eris »

Has anyone posted the IMDB trailer yet? It's awesome! :hyper2:

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3033399833/
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

Wow! Can you tell they REALLY like David's character! I'm more excited than ever now! :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2:
banner by Cprav
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

iTunes currently has the trailer available in HD as a free download, if anyone is interested. :woohoo:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

It looks really cool! Although, adorable as David is, I don't think I need to own the trailer... :laugh:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

But Alle -- it FREE!!!! :hyper2:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I know, but... I don't have iTunes installed on my laptop!!! :slaphead:
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

Cool! It's very Doctor Who-ish, kinda sorta, in feel, I mean. :thumbs:
*Christy*

RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

Fantastic new interview from TheTVCritic http://thetvaddict.com/2009/08/05/tca-l ... -universe/

If I'm reading this right, they are trying to bring in new viewers by letting David's character, Eli, be the uninformed "audience" as they introduce him to the world of StarGate. 2 hour series premier from Eli's POV! What an amazing break for David!
banner by Cprav
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

http://www.tv.com/video/25912/David+Blue+Interview?o=tv

Check out this great video interview with David about SGU! I can't wait!
banner by Cprav
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

David has really become the spokesman for SGU!! Go David!! :hyper:

David Blue on the realistic tone of Syfy's Stargate Universe

http://www.tvsquad.com/2009/08/28/david ... -universe/

I'm eagerly anticipating the Oct. 2 premiere of Syfy's Stargate Universe, the third show from the popular sci-fi adventure franchise. We've all read the reports about Universe being "darker" and more "serious" than its predecessors, Stargate: SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, but star David Blue has a slightly different perspective on the show.

In a recent interview with SciFi Wire, the Universe cast member said the show is "not as much darker as it is more real." Blue said the characters on Universe are less like characters in a sci-fi epic and more like real people dealing with an extraordinary crisis.

"You can say 'darker,' because in some ways it is, ... but when you really get down to it, it's like everyday life. That's kind of what I like about it," he said.

Blue is a big fan of the Stargate franchise and has seen every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis, leading Universe co-creator Brad Wright to joke that the actor has become a "technical advisor" on the show. Blue said his love for the franchise helped inform his character, Eli Wallace, who is experiencing the wonders of gate and space travel for the first time. "When you see on Eli's face that he's really excited about the gate, that's actually me," he said.

I like that Blue is a big Stargate geek and is showing reverence for the older shows. I know a lot of fans are worried that Universe will be all drama (i.e. talk) and no action and adventure, but this is Stargate we're talking about – one of the most popular action-adventure franchises out there. What Blue is saying here, the show is about normal people thrust into extraordinary circumstances, doesn't sound too different from what we've seen in previous Stargate shows.

What do you think, folks? Will the edgier Universe trade all the action-adventure for character drama, or will it deliver a good combination of the two?
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

Listing of theatres nationwide showing the SGU promotional trailer:

http://stargate.mgm.com/dynamic/theaterlist.php

Return to “David”