Alex is going to be a Dad (again)!

Locked Alex threads are here.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Alex is going to be a Dad (again)!

Post by allegrita »

:giggle:

Maybe MoonMad was referring to the fact that Alex's parents divorced, and his mom remarried. In any case, I expect baby O to have his legal last name, whatever that may be...
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I think we don't even know what Saxon's last name is...

Dude's private. We may not be told. By him, anyway.

Spike's dad, OTOH, may be the one to let the whole thing slip... he seems to like Tweeting details about his kid and since this is a brother... well, Alex and Malia should just be prepared... :whistle:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I think MoonMad is referring to at least the same article I was referencing on the page earlier than her response. I just didn't have the reference at hand when I posted.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~frankmc ... da2002.htm

Most important is this paragraph
But how did Alex get there, via a story which could be entitled, How Not To Get to NIDA? He was the bad boy of high school and college that many teachers would recognise. Actually, they won't because his name is not in the records, not just because he often wasn't in school (and never did drama past primary). Alex needed to escape a Canberra which did nothing for him before he changed his life, and his name.
I know everything says that he was born Alex O'Lachlan but isn't that something you'd want to perpetuate if you wanted to protect your family?
janicevictoria
Fledgling

Post by janicevictoria »

Congrats Alex and Malia on their newborn son!!! I'm sure he'll be beautiful just like his parents and I wish him and his family good health and happiness always :cloud9:
I'm hoping that Alex releases a photo of the baby, but with him being so private, I'm just not sure he will...

Thanks to Pinkiepie for my lovely banner
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

r1015bill wrote:I think MoonMad is referring to at least the same article I was referencing on the page earlier than her response. I just didn't have the reference at hand when I posted.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~frankmc ... da2002.htm

Most important is this paragraph
But how did Alex get there, via a story which could be entitled, How Not To Get to NIDA? He was the bad boy of high school and college that many teachers would recognise. Actually, they won't because his name is not in the records, not just because he often wasn't in school (and never did drama past primary). Alex needed to escape a Canberra which did nothing for him before he changed his life, and his name.
I know everything says that he was born Alex O'Lachlan but isn't that something you'd want to perpetuate if you wanted to protect your family?
Thank you for this information. I do remember reading it once upon a time.
I never thought his name didn't appear in the records because of a different name, but simply because he dropped out and never graduated high school hence no record. The name "change" could simply be a respelling of O'Lachlan to give himself a new starting point to straighten up and fly right so to speak.
Just because his mom remarried doesn't necessarily mean she would have had Alex take his step fathers name as well if he were "born" Alexandr O'Lachlan. I know after my mom divorced my dad she went back to her maiden name and my sisters and I kept our fathers name. I was about 12 and only a few kids questioned why my mothers last name was different from mine, no biggie.
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

Not sure his birth name is even O'Lachlan. The man walks to his own beat, I have to give him that.
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

aolver wrote:Not sure his birth name is even O'Lachlan. The man walks to his own beat, I have to give him that.
:yes:
Yep. That's why I also asked is his name even really Alexander? No one knows? Anybody?

Walks to his own beat, and does it quietly. I agree aolver. I respect that.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

wpgrace wrote:
aolver wrote:Not sure his birth name is even O'Lachlan. The man walks to his own beat, I have to give him that.
Yep. That's why I also asked is his name even really Alexander? No one knows? Anybody?

You think Malia knows? :rolling:
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

aolver wrote:
wpgrace wrote:

You think Malia knows? :rolling:

:shrug: :whistle: Maybe, maybe not... :laugh:
Then again, if you were with him, would you care? :winky:

MoonMad
Fledgling

Post by MoonMad »

I don't know about the confusing spelling of O'Loughlin, but this FB page has his childhood surname.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alex-OLou ... 79?sk=info

(I didn't get the information from there. I heard it elsewhere). Whether the information is accurate or not is anyone's guess. How he went from one name to another is pretty sketchy, and that Facebook page doesn't explain very satisfactorily either. I understand adopting a name to honour your grandfather, but then why change the spelling? :chin: Personally, I think O'Loughlin is his grandfather's surname and he may have changed the spelling to O'Lachlan because that form of the name makes pronouncing it easier. Then he reverted to the original spelling later or something. But I'm just guessing.

It really is very confusing isn't it? I guess we'll ever really know the details until a biographer tells us all one day hopefully. That would make a very interesting read I'm sure. :snicker:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

:giggle: I don't know where the fan page got their info from but with that surname he sure wouldn't have gained much of a career. It's almost as bad as "Shelburne". No disrespect intended to his family, I'm just kidding. :kiss:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

wpgrace wrote:

Isn't there an interview where Alex says his father named him Alexander, from Alexander the Great? I know I have it somewhere, but have to find it in my videos.....
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Thanks, Sweetie! Good to know.

He really is an Al. And an Alexander the Great. :highfive:

r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Wikipedia had that name bouncing back and forth with "Rau" a few years ago although the childhood name thing is no longer mentioned. Perhaps that is the confusion with the step-father OR Alex called himself different names at different times.
MoonMad wrote:It really is very confusing isn't it? I guess we'll ever really know the details until a biographer tells us all one day hopefully.
Personally, I've been waiting for "The Actor's Studio" episode with Alex when James Lipton has that huge pile of blue cards laying out his life. Somehow, I don't think Alex will allow this to happen. He'll politely decline not only because he doesn't want to discuss his young life, but also because he's too humble to consider that he's had a career worth discussing.

Return to “The Alex Archives”