M & C appreciation thread 1

VG99
Kostan Industries intern

Re: M & C appreciation thread 1

Post by VG99 »

Nope, no tomatoes...I think that MickBeth's future is limited if she will not be turned...I do think his past was with Coraline and his future is with Coraline...but his right now is with Beth. Beth has always had issues with the vampire way that I think will always be between them. I also have to say that I've been looking at the Mick thread (which is beautiful). Everyone sees Mick as a changing character and evolving and that everyone else is constant. I don't see that. Josef evolved quite a bit in Sleeping beauty...he had a past...and he loved someone which was even news to Mick. Coraline, I also think has changed, evolved or grown. If she was truly the selfish being that some believe her to be she never would have surrendered to Lance and agreed to go back to who I assume is their sire (obsessed with pure bloodlines). In all of Coraline's years of being a vampire, she never matured. She let Mick go when she surrendered to Lance. Mick will eventually go back to her. Coraline has matured...it took 400 years but she is different as well.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

VG99 wrote:Nope, no tomatoes...I think that MickBeth's future is limited if she will not be turned...I do think his past was with Coraline and his future is with Coraline...but his right now is with Beth. Beth has always had issues with the vampire way that I think will always be between them. I also have to say that I've been looking at the Mick thread (which is beautiful). Everyone sees Mick as a changing character and evolving and that everyone else is constant. I don't see that. Josef evolved quite a bit in Sleeping beauty...he had a past...and he loved someone which was even news to Mick. Coraline, I also think has changed, evolved or grown. If she was truly the selfish being that some believe her to be she never would have surrendered to Lance and agreed to go back to who I assume is their sire (obsessed with pure bloodlines). In all of Coraline's years of being a vampire, she never matured. She let Mick go when she surrendered to Lance. Mick will eventually go back to her. Coraline has matured...it took 400 years but she is different as well.

I see this too, VG. I think he could be very happy with Beth for many years. She seems safe and sweet and human and she can help him accept himself. And that makes sense. He valued BEING human. He was in a war and he got, by the end of it, how valuable HUMAN life is. So being a vamp all of a sudden was a horror to him. Being told by A VAMP--who turned him without consent and who was now his wife for eternity-- that this was a gift did not convince. Being told by josef, a VAMP who is alll vamp, who Mick loves, but whose morals are VAMP morals, did not convince. Being told/shown by Beth, a human, that he's not a monster, that it's cool to be a vamp, that all is well, that could convince.

Once he accepts that, then this is a wonderful gift she can give him. But I don't see him turning her. He values her humanity. Their relationship would change if she were turned.

I see him staying with her til she dies.

And yeah, the other characters changed a little too, VG... they were older and had probably changed over time, we just didn't see those changes. But Josef softened some with Mick, and Cora DID begin to mature, because of Mick... I agree. I think he could go back to her in time.

AND BTW, WHERE YOU BEEN? YOU HAVE BROUGHT SOME KICK @$$ PICS SO DON'T GO AWAY, OK?????
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I agree, ladies. Almost. I think it's Beth who would want to be turned (eventually) but Mick who wouldn't be able to do it.

And Morgan was definitely an evolution for Coraline. Yes, she was still manipulative and smart as hell but she was also sweet, funny and sexy (and no longer insane...).

GuardianAngel wrote a lovely story about Coraline and Mick re-uniting (as friends, with maybe the possibility of more) after Beth and Mick have lived a full life and Beth had died. It's a scenario that really worked for me.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

What is that fic, Red?

I may have read it, but it isn't sounding familiar... Is it here?

Thanks, from Grace

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

It was GA's response to the "Picking up the Pieces" challenge. It isn't posted here but it is over at VLF. Here's the link:
http://www.vamploveforever.com/forum/in ... topic=4861

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:It was GA's response to the "Picking up the Pieces" challenge. It isn't posted here but it is over at VLF. Here's the link:
http://www.vamploveforever.com/forum/in ... topic=4861

Thank you, Red... as always.

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I live to cater to your every need, you know that, Grace, right?

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:I live to cater to your every need, you know that, Grace, right?

Well, I'm gonna choose to read your post as utterly sincere, no sarcasm intended...

So, yeah, I'm counting on that, dear Red! ;)

MUCH obliged. :D

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

And just to prove my sincerity, a couple of pics. The first is when Mick sees Morgan for the first time. A picture's worth a thousand words:

*loves Grace*

Red

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:And just to prove my sincerity, a couple of pics. The first is when Mick sees Morgan for the first time. A picture's worth a thousand words:

*loves Grace*

Red

Well, Mickpics are, anyway...

*loves Red right back*

mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

Off to bed, but before I do...

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Gorgeous, mwj01, thank you. :mrgreen:

1952 'His' and 'Hers' shots. ;)

Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

2007 'His' and 'Hers' shots. She has more self-control than me! I would have kissed him...

Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
cprav
Kostan Industries intern

Post by cprav »

Okay, someone pulled me out of the JoCk thread ;) and reminded me to come in here...
What's this??? All these pics of the Glass House/chair scene and none of these??

Are you all going soft? :D

ITA re: Mick needs a human to tell him he's okay. Mick needs beth right now but little does she know she's simply getting him ready for Coraline.

Now I'm seriously late. Gotta jet.
Think Kostan!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

P, cprav, my eternal gratitude. Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Red

Return to “Mick & Coraline Appreciation”