Alex is going to be a Dad (again)!

Locked Alex threads are here.
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Re: Alex is going to be a Dad (again)!

Post by Moonlightsonata »

I didn't realize there were issues with Alex's surname other than changing the spelling? I don't know where the Sculthorpe came from but there is a fairly famous (at least regionally) artist named Peter Sculthorpe who is originally from near here. If I had purchased one of his original paintings before he became famous (when the best I could do now would be to buy a limited edition) I would have made a good investment.

Alex appears to be even more private than I thought.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Considering the life he has led, even if we only consider the things he himself has personally acknowledged (and I prefer to do that), I am even more impressed with how important family is to Alex. Rather than turning away from the idea of maintaining family ties and closeness, he seems more committed to it. Which I find truly admirable. :hearts:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

allegrita wrote:Considering the life he has led, even if we only consider the things he himself has personally acknowledged (and I prefer to do that), I am even more impressed with how important family is to Alex. Rather than turning away from the idea of maintaining family ties and closeness, he seems more committed to it. Which I find truly admirable. :hearts:

To quote you... Word. :twothumbs:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

:woohoo: Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image :woohoo:

to the new (again) parents!!! :yahoo:

And darn it! She missed my birthday by just a few days! I knew I should have flown over there and given her a good scare to speed things up. :rolling:

All kidding aside, am happy they announced since that means baby and mom are happy, healthy and most likely wowing the hospital staff with their overall gorgeousness. :happysigh:

Don't care what they name him (okay, Kamekona would be a bit much :laugh: ), don't care what "Al's" real name is, don't care if we ever see the kidlet, don't care if they get married, don't care if they fly to the moon... just so happy he is finally really happy (from all outward appearances). :hyper2: He really deserves it, and it's good to see him in this "no worries" state of being. Couldn't be happier for them, and I wish them many, many years of happy family life. :hearts:

ETA: And how cool would it be if his kid and Jason's kids grow up knowing each other? :cloud9: ... Moonlight, Generation 2. :giggle:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Agreed, darling HM...

To the O'Jones family! May they always be happy and healthy and who cares about the rest of that stuff! :drinking:

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Is I've been thinking along those same lines, HM! It would be wonderful to think of the little D and O kidlets playing together. :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :ghug: :hearts:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

librarian_7 wrote:Anyone with a name like Shelburne O'Loughlin would have to grow up to be either a playwright or a lawyer....

Or a MMA Fighter......

I feel sorry for the local post office who has to sort the mail (figuring out just WHO lives there).

I sent a little gift to "Baby Boy Jones-O'Loughlin a couple of weeks ago...I sent it in cellophane wrapping with the tags on it along with letter that I understood they'd want to 'see' to see it was safe....(that I was a parent too). If it gets donated without their seeing it...that's OK too!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Lucy wrote:
librarian_7 wrote:Anyone with a name like Shelburne O'Loughlin would have to grow up to be either a playwright or a lawyer....

Or a MMA Fighter......

I feel sorry for the local post office who has to sort the mail (figuring out just WHO lives there).

I sent a little gift to "Baby Boy Jones-O'Loughlin a couple of weeks ago...I sent it in cellophane wrapping with the tags on it along with letter that I understood they'd want to 'see' to see it was safe....(that I was a parent too). If it gets donated without their seeing it...that's OK too!
That was really sweet, Lucy. :hearts:

r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Apparently, the name is out... I have no comment. :shrug:

http://celebritybabies.people.com/2012/ ... -son-lion/
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Unexpected, yes. But long and happy life to little Lion. :drinking:

MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Does Lion mean something as a name, other than, you know, the animal?
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Not that I know of.

However, there are an amazing number of names that mean "lion". Perhaps they just decided to cut out the middle-man.

http://www.babynamespedia.com/search/m/lion
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Some peeps on H50f are wondering if it's pronounced "lee-on." I suppose that is possible. It might be a Hawaiian pronunciation.
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

ImageYAY! Now we know and can refer to little Lion with a proper name instead of mysterious Baby O'

I wonder how it is pronounced? Simple like the animal "Lion" or "Lee-on" or with a Hawaiian flair with accent on the "i" the way Malia pronounces her name. Maybe with a short `e or `a sound? Image
I guess we'll just have to wait to hear Alex one day say his name to know for sure. :cloud9:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

:laugh: and they laughed when my sister named her son Wm. Grady + their last name........... times have changed. To me it is world's better than Spike.

Return to “The Alex Archives”