The Dream is Still Alive - a five-year anniversary video

Shadow
Courtesan

The Dream is Still Alive - a five-year anniversary video

Post by Shadow »

I've managed to make a five-year anniversary video!

I finished this video weeks ago but never had a chance to put it up till this week. So I thought I'd save it for today.

Considering the title of the song, it seemed appropriate. :hearts:

On Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3HVoLerO5s

On Vimeo:
https://vimeo.com/47509918
Last edited by Shadow on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: The Dream is Still Alive - a five-year anniversary video

Post by Lilly »

Shadow, thank you so much for this. :heart: :hug: I'm a bit at a loss for words right now. To be honest, I didn't expect to find myself so close to tears at 6:30 in the morning. This is just beautiful. The song is amazing, and as it built in intensity, accompanied by the perfect images, it brought back a rush of emotions. But what I love most about it is the hopefulness -- and the insistence that this love will endure. :hearts:

What a wonderful anniversary gift you've given us. :notworthy: :smooch:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Shadow

What Lilly said!

I wasn't close to tears, I was leaking at 8:53. The song is perfect and mixed with the images of the show just reinforced how much that is true. They gave us sixteen episodes to fix the images of those wonderful characters in our minds and now we cast them in wonderful fic.

Indeed, the dream is still very much alive.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Very beautiful and a wonderful tribute! Thank you so much! It's perfect! :heart: :hearts:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, Shadow... :hankie: :cloud9: :heart: :hug:

I'm crying at my desk. Happy, lovely tears of Moonlight joy. This is exactly how I feel today. And this is why I asked Lilly to create my banner... I see Mick and Beth five years on, making things work, leaning on each other for strength, and keeping the dream alive.

And that's what we are all doing today. Keeping the dream and the wonderful community of Moonlight alive together. Thank you so much for this video. It is absolutely perfect. :notworthy:
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:heart: Shadow this is just lovely... even if it's been made for two weeks. Posting it today is absolutely perfect. It speaks volumes about how we all feel today... Thank you so very much for sharing your wonderful work with us. :rose:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Shadow, this is just so stunning and so true to the story of Mick and Beth....

Thank you for keeping the dream alive in such a wonderful way :rose:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Oooh, a new Shadow video is a cause for celebration. I'm saving this to watch when I've got time to savor it...but I have it safely downloaded!
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Ohh, Shadow! This song is unbelievably perfect, both for the video and for the occasion! It is not five years for me, only two..but the power of Moonlight has changed my life in all levels and still does! It is old news me crying over a video of yours,but today the tears were liberating! I watched NSTAV and Newborn! Even went through some of our first...mail! And all because of that new video of yours, where their story lives on!

This was one amazing birthday gift! :thud:
Thank you, my Sire! :rose:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Shadow, this is outstanding! :cloud9: :heart: :hankie: :ghug:

You chose wonderful clips for this video (including my very favourite scene :hearts: ). They perfectly illustrate that the dream is in fact still alive. The song was a very appropriate choice.

Bravo! :rose: Thank you for the many gifts you have given us! :hug:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

:notworthy: :notworthy:

Sorry, I just run out of adjectives to describe your vids. They're...always amazing, and I think this was the perfect anniversary piece.

The dream IS still alive. We--the fans--keep it that way.

Thank you so much for sharing your vision.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

your composition and juxtaposition of images with the drive of the music is awe inspiring. :heart: :rose:

Yes, we had only 16 episodes of them, but the fans like you have created so much more from those images and I am stirred by your creativity. :phew:

BRAVA!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Lilly wrote:Shadow, thank you so much for this. :heart: :hug: I'm a bit at a loss for words right now. To be honest, I didn't expect to find myself so close to tears at 6:30 in the morning. This is just beautiful. The song is amazing, and as it built in intensity, accompanied by the perfect images, it brought back a rush of emotions. But what I love most about it is the hopefulness -- and the insistence that this love will endure. :hearts:

What a wonderful anniversary gift you've given us. :notworthy: :smooch:
Lilly, thanks you so much. This song really spoke to me, not just for Mick's journey but for ours as fans of Moonlight. This site and you mods do so much to keep the dream alive for all of us. Thank you so much for that! (If I could figure out a way to make a video to celebrate MLA and its wonderful mods I would make one like that for our next anniversary!) :heart:
Last edited by Shadow on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

jen wrote:Shadow

What Lilly said!

I wasn't close to tears, I was leaking at 8:53. The song is perfect and mixed with the images of the show just reinforced how much that is true. They gave us sixteen episodes to fix the images of those wonderful characters in our minds and now we cast them in wonderful fic.

Indeed, the dream is still very much alive.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Oh, Jenna, that's exactly what I was thinking of when making this video . . . the way we fans have kept the show alive through our own creations that are posted here in this special place. Mick's loss of his own heartfelt dream, and the way he moved beyond that, really seemed to parallel our own experience as fans. Thank you for the wonderful comment! :hearts:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

MickLifeCrisis wrote:Very beautiful and a wonderful tribute! Thank you so much! It's perfect! :heart: :hearts:
I'm so glad you liked it, MLC! Now I wonder why I hadn't realized this was a tribute video from the beginning . . . hmm, maybe because I had lost track of time and wasn't really sure what month it was. :laugh: I didn't figure it out till I saw MLA's beautiful new banner. Thank you!

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”